Notices

another day #1 for me........today

Old 11-27-2006, 03:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

another day #1 for me........today

good morning to everyone.....I slipped up a week and a half ago,when i got another,"dear Jane"letter from my ex-best friend.....she doesn't want any part of me anymore.......she doesn't care if i am drinking or not...and i quit drinking for her(and my daughter).......so i said to myself,"if noone cares whether i drink or not........it's easier to just give in to it than to fight it"....and have been drinking every night since then....it was like someone flipped a switch.....i was doing really well.....had 35 days sober,was feeling good and eating good,and exercising daily......after that letter,i got myself so depressed,didn't want to get out of bed......my body hurts now......eating crap again......feeling like hell.....my therapist called my doctor,and i am seeing the doc today.....going on meds again......the depression and the anxiety makes me run to the bottle for a quick fix,but i feel physically terrible,as well as,"mentally challenged" now.So,it's back to day #1 again.....Liise....thanks for the words......and i know exactly how you feel....but we can do this.....one day at a time......with alittle help from professionals and friends we have here.........
Old 11-27-2006, 04:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

The problem is you can't quit drinking for your girlfriend and your daughter. It's SO hard and you need so much motivation. You need to do it for yourself. I'm glad you're back.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You can do it. Pick yourself back up and keep on moving forward.

Anna is right- you must do this for you. I once tried to do it for someone else and it never worked. I had to find my own reasons and stick to that as motivation.

You deserve a great sober life... you are worth more than the pain of the bottle. That could be a good way to start building your reasons for staying sober for yourself. Your life is worth it.. there is a better way to live and that is sober. Choose it for yourself and work hard at it then everything else will start falling into place. Maybe not overnight but your life will gradually become filled with blessings that sobriety offers.

Give yourself a chance to be free and experience all that the sober life has to offer. We are here for you!
Old 11-27-2006, 05:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

We are here for you! Please don't beat yourself up. You need to do this for YOU and we are here for you. Check in often if possible.
Take care-
Old 11-27-2006, 05:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Did your depression and anxiety seem to diminish when you were sober for a month? Perhaps that would help again. Once you get the alcohol out of your brain it's easier to fight it than give in.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad to see you are working towards success!