Notices

Where did she go?

Old 11-21-2006, 12:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Has anyone seen my wife?

Unhappy Where did she go?

I'm not sure if I am looking in the right place or not but not too long ago I took my wife to the hospital to start recovery from vicodin addiction. We were already living in separate residences because of our problems but I was hoping to repair our marriage. She was there for a week. I visited, spent time with her, stood by as she screamed at everyone around. When she was released she was supposed to go to an in-patient treatment center. I took her there but she was turned away because of insurance issues. She freaked out. She wanted her meds that she was precsrbed when she was released that I was holding so she wouldn't take them. She threatened suicide. Finally she asked me what she should do right now. I told her she needs to get herself to a meeting. I found a meeting got her there and when she came out she felt better. I was happy for her. She started to go to meetings and get into the program. I thought this was going to be a new begining for us. The problem is within a few days she disapeared she was never at home, neglecting her two boys. she wouldn't return my calls, she never came to see me and I couldn't go see her because she was never there. I'm at my wits end I don't want to get a divorce but she seems to have made it clear that she doesn't want anything to do with me. I'm lonley and I miss my wife, the one I married. Where did she go?
Old 11-21-2006, 12:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Geez, that is a tough one. I think the addiction has taken over the person. I have been there with a close friend before. I think you know she can be the person she once was more than she does. Please understand that this is not your fault. Do your best to take care of your little ones and be the best dad you can be. It is hard to be the strong one by yourself with so many un answered questions. But it is obvious that you need to make your kids happiness #1. Hang in there, things can only get better.
Old 11-21-2006, 01:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome and I'm sorry for your situation.

You might like to check out the Friends and Families forum on this board where you'll find lots of support.
Old 11-21-2006, 01:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am so sorry.