Notices

Just Joined

Old 11-19-2006, 08:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
fix my brain!!

Just Joined

I don't get it, I'm choosing fonts and colors and it's giving me the html for it..... Anyway, I found this while lookin for online meetings. I live in the boondocks and don't feel like driving a half hour to get to a meeting, though I will when I really need one. I'm still working on getting the chat thing going. Haven't done many chat room so we'll see how it works out.
Ok, a little about where I'm at right now. I was recently diagnosed with Hep C. I know it's from sharing needles with my ex on my last run. At the time I just wanted that next fix and didn't care. Stupid and careless, but it's the facts. I feel optimistic about it though, talking to docs and doing my own research has lead me to believe that with the treament it will basically go away. Or course, the treament is gonna be the hard part, but I got thru 7 years of on and off addiction (not the mention the years before that with the alcohol and pills and MJ) so I'll get thru this. I've been through treament centers and even did a 6 month intensive Theraputic Community in prison. So "I know" what needs to be done. (How many times have I said that?? )
I've accepted my disease and attempted to "recover", but never actually went thru the steps properly. Which is why I'm reading that book now. And I know I need to find a sponsor and do it right, one step at a time. I do beleive I'm rambling now. I tend to do that. Hope to find the support and friendships I need here.
Thanks for having stuff like this available to people like me.
Take care you,
Mar
Old 11-19-2006, 08:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Midas

Welcome Aboard, Mar! Glad you're here.

The text editing can be a little tricky to get used to at first. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Old 11-19-2006, 09:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hiyas Mar and WELCOME!!!!

Glad your here, this site has literally saved my life and helped keep me clean. Lots of awesome people here. Tons of excellent info. and support!!!!
Liss
Old 11-19-2006, 09:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Mar. I'm new here too...but all are soo helpful! Julie
Old 11-19-2006, 10:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am new too, hi and welcome.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey Mar,

Welcome, looking forward to getting to know you better,

Love, Rose
Old 11-19-2006, 12:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Heya Mar..... im glad to hear that your ready. Im a newbie too but this site has really REALLY helped me out. I live in Michigan and the city i live in kalamazoo has over 60 meetings a week. Sometimes it is hard for me to get to meeting just because I am lazy so instead I will come on here and get any and everything out that might and would cause me to use. Also I read other's sharing and try to give them some imput. I have quit four times.... this time being my most successful so i totally understand when you say that you know what you have to do and have said that you have said that many times before. Just take that statement and apply your upmost determination to it.... and it will happen. Everyone on here cares about anyone who reaches out for help, and will always listen and help you out in any way you need. Just keep coming on this site, and keep sharing any experience that is bothering you. Ill make sure to keep checking on you and stay strong! And most of all do it for yourself... life gets so much easier when you get clean, and really i feel great now that I dont have to use before I go to work, and that I dont have to use to get through the day. WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!! Stef
Old 11-20-2006, 03:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!
Old 11-20-2006, 07:11 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome ((( mar )))
Old 11-20-2006, 08:38 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

Hey (((Mar))) Glad your Here.........................