Notices

First time posting

Old 11-17-2006, 10:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First time posting

Hi everyone!! Thanks for the warm welcomes. I'll start by saying I'm an addict.My problem is partying, all of it. I also have a problem with pain pills, I realized this about 2 years ago. I was diagnosed with HepC, which also brings on Chirosis of the liver. I went on treatment(48 weeks, I'm geno1). I did good the 1st 5 to 6 weeks,then as soon as I was told the treatment was working( I went from a 25 million V.L. 800) I started my bad habits. When the t.x. was over I was clear, the virus did come back after 4 months of being off, v.l/ shot back up to 18 million. I starteb back on t.x., I'm into my 3rd week of 72 weeks. Long road ahead. Already I have taken a bad turn, I got weak and did some coke. I have been going to A A meetings, 2 a week. It's preety pathetic when you put partying before your health. I can not believe I've done this. Was it worth it, no. I'm scared that I won't be able to do this, I've got 69 weeks ahead of me and look what I did in my 3rd. I am going to continue going to meetings. I am addicted to pain pills(Vicodin,Norco,Demerol, you name it) I have Fibrimyalgia and Rhematory Arthritud and all my doctors say is pain management, they will not prescribe anything because of the damage to my liver,so I go to other resources. It's very frustrating.Well I believe I hace rattled on enough. I do hope to be coming to this site often, I know I'll need as much positive reinforcement as possible.Everybody Stay Positive. P.S. Has anyone ever heard or read anything on doing coke and being on this treatment?
Old 11-18-2006, 06:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welccome to SR!

I am sorry you are going thru this.

Hugs and Prayers coming your way
Old 11-18-2006, 06:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hiyas Squeaky and welcome to SR.
I cant give you any advice medically as I am not a doctor, this you need to see your physcian about.
I can tell you that as you already know, messing around with the liver is serious business. I can also tell you that you CAN do this. Will it be easy? uh uh but can you do it?? Yup!
Try to not look at your treatment as 69 more weeks, instead, try thinking about today and how you can get through it for just today...if you feel down or crave, come here and post or read, hit an extra meeting, call a friend that will listen, but avoid the people/places that you know you can go to in order to score.
Do a search online, there are a ton of natural topical remedies to help with the pain for the arthritis, my MIL uses the heat patches with the magnets in them and swears by them. Stay strong.....today is a brand new day!
Best of luck. Keep us posted!!!
Hugs,
Liss
Old 11-18-2006, 08:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. You may find more people who are familiar with the questions you're asking down in the Substance Abuse forum. It's great you're looking for answers to help yourself.
Old 11-18-2006, 04:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This is by no means a serious health advice as I am no medical expert, but I have heard an herb that is called "Milk Thistle" can help with liver damage, and it is often used in medicines to treat Hep. C. May be if you can ask your doctor about it?

I am sorry that you are going through this. I will keep you in my thoughts.