Notices

Please help....Friday night jitters

Old 11-17-2006, 04:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Please help....Friday night jitters

Please help! I start a treatment program on Wednesday, but tonight I am having a hard time. I thought I was doing well, but now I realize I get off work in a couple hours and really don't know what to do with myself.

I am supposed to go meet my husband at some friends of ours, but I know they will all be drinking and I don't know what I am going to do. One part of me thinks that I should just drink a lot this weekend and then be done. But I know that isn't right either. Please help me!!!

Crystal

Old 11-17-2006, 04:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Rinnie's Grandpa

Good evening Crystal...

I'm probably feeling the same as you tonight. This is my 2'nd day sober, and it be Friday evening, I'm feeling alittle jittery myself...

I think I would make an excuse to stay home and try to get your mind on anything but drinking...

Best of luck to you tonight...

I'll send Positive and Happy thoughts your way...

Stay Strong...

One day at a time.

Steve

Old 11-17-2006, 04:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Crystal,

My suggestion would be to say 'no thanks' and to go home or do something else that you want to do. Sobriety and recovery involves a lot of changes in your life and for me, it involved learning how to say 'No'.

Have a good evening.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

Does your husband know that you are getting ready to start a treatment program? If so hopefully he will understand how hard it is for you to be around other's that are drinking. If he doesn't understand this, you need to open up those lines of communication. A treatment program involves the whole family, not just the addict/alcoholic.

As far as going out and "doing it up right" one more time. I guess you can do that if you want to, but it's probably not something that is going to help you out in the long run. Personally it seems like when I've done that I always seem to put off getting help a little longer.

The bottom line is you have to look out for you in this situation. If that means not going out and hanging out with drinking friends, that is what you need to do. Hope some of this helped. Best of luck to you. Take care.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the help. I decided to just go to the movie store after work and pick up a couple movies and sit with the dog. I don't think my husband thinks I am serious, apparently he doesn't think he should have to change anything about his life. I have plenty of support from my family, and if need be I will have to stay somewhere else for awhile. Thank goodness there are no kids involved!
Old 11-17-2006, 04:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's hard for others to really understand how hard this is. Sobriety is something you need to do for yourself and whether or not your husband makes any changes in his life, you can do this.

Good choice for tonight!
Old 11-17-2006, 04:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Rinnie's Grandpa

Originally Posted by Cguse
Thanks for all the help. I decided to just go to the movie store after work and pick up a couple movies and sit with the dog. I don't think my husband thinks I am serious, apparently he doesn't think he should have to change anything about his life. I have plenty of support from my family, and if need be I will have to stay somewhere else for awhile. Thank goodness there are no kids involved!
Smart choice Crystal...

Yes, this is about your life and sobriety. If your husband is not willing to quit or at least keep the booze away from you, I would stay somewhere else...

You are ahead of the game with the support of your family. Thats GREAT...

I may be wrong, but I've never seen anybody in early stages of recovery that could be anywhere near booze or anyone using...

Just my 2 cents...

Best of luck...

One day at a time.

Steve

Old 11-17-2006, 05:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

way to go!

i'm doing the same tonight. hubbie is off with other family members at fancy restaurant--a place i used to say was "the perfect place for a martini"

i'm home with diet pepsi

you do what you have to