Notices

Hi...so much easier this than in person

Old 11-17-2006, 12:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi...so much easier this than in person

Hi. I plan on reading everything here.

I love to drink but understand it's effects on me, my friends and family. When I wake my first thought is..get through work and I get to drink.

I'm not going to believe or fall into the general thought of drinking. There is pretty much nothing anyone can say to me at this point.

Why am I here then? Hoping something someone says sticks and I right my ways.

I usually do 15 beers in about six to seven hours. This has never affected my work or personal life. I just like to forget I'm even here.

If wondering, only eight tonight so far.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zoomer3333
There is pretty much nothing anyone can say to me at this point.
Yup. A person has to get into recovery themselves. Often it is a painful process.

Welcome to SR. I hope you find what you are looking for!!
Old 11-17-2006, 01:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks. I do want to stop but I like to lose myself. I do have a support group of friends and family but they really can't help unless I let them.

No chance I'm going to AA. Small chance I'll take the pill that makes me vomit if I drink due to my cool Dr. I see him for other things. Many problems here. Taking care of this one would be a domino effect.

Anyone who talks to me, I appreciate it. I also deal with stress, anxiety, depression and insomnia. Yeah, go figure at this hour.

Last edited by zoomer3333; 11-17-2006 at 01:08 AM. Reason: comma
Old 11-17-2006, 01:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I agree with the domino effect. You may just solve your stress, anxiety, depression and insomnia if you quit drinking. It's good you're at least willing to read what people have to say.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by c'est la vie
I agree with the domino effect. You may just solve your stress, anxiety, depression and insomnia if you quit drinking. It's good you're at least willing to read what people have to say.

If all of you are really this nice and supportive I may freak out soon, in a good way.

I wasn't sure what to expect by posting here but I actually feel a little better already. I have a huge day tomorrow so that may change.

Yeah, that's why I'm still up. Not drinking but no chance of sleep for the other reasons. I have prescribed R but it would knock me out for quite awhile.

If everyone here is this cool, holy crap. Helping already.

I freak out quite a bit some. Please take me with a grain of salt sometimes. Working on getting better.

Last edited by zoomer3333; 11-17-2006 at 01:57 AM. Reason: Typing too fast and freaking out
Old 11-17-2006, 04:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Rinnie's Grandpa

If all of you are really this nice and supportive I may freak out soon, in a good way.

I wasn't sure what to expect by posting here but I actually feel a little better already. I have a huge day tomorrow so that may change.

Yeah, that's why I'm still up. Not drinking but no chance of sleep for the other reasons. I have prescribed R but it would knock me out for quite awhile.

If everyone here is this cool, holy crap. Helping already.

I freak out quite a bit some. Please take me with a grain of salt sometimes. Working on getting better.
Good morning zoomer...

I'm only on day two, but I can tell just by coming to this site your taking the first step...

Like you said, just grab a chair and read what the very experienced and knowledgeble people here have to say. I'm hoping something will sink in with you and me, I need this place also...

Have a GREAT weekend...

One day at a time.

Steve

Old 11-17-2006, 04:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Zoomer, and welcome!

You sound almost like me, I dont know how many years back, when I would think "I dont have a problem, I just like to drink, not getting in the way of life, so its cool" But that little voice that asked me "you sure about that?" was persistant, and over time made a better & better case that I was not a normal drinker. Now, I know it is a problem.

You are doing the right thing by reading up on alcohol. I wish I would have known 10% of what I have learned since comeing here a long time ago. Stick around and keep posting. Even if today is not your day to quit.

Me? I'm still trying to get it right, but I can tell you since comeing here, I drink less often, and I am able to stay away for longer periods, best of all, I know it can be done, and I also have had the benifit of grim and harsh stories of the alternative.

Take care, pal!
S
Old 11-17-2006, 04:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome!

I rhink this is very interesting if you want to quit..

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...influence.html

Take Care..
Old 11-17-2006, 01:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks. I do want to stop but I like to lose myself. I do have a support group of friends and family but they really can't help unless I let them.

No chance I'm going to AA. Small chance I'll take the pill that makes me vomit if I drink due to my cool Dr. I see him for other things. Many problems here. Taking care of this one would be a domino effect.

Anyone who talks to me, I appreciate it. I also deal with stress, anxiety, depression and insomnia. Yeah, go figure at this hour.
I does sound to me like you are on the road to finding some recovery soon,...but, it also sounds like you have some more drinking in your system to do. Most alcoholics make the very mistake you are making and that is that they think the fact that alcohol hasnt lost them a job or anything else yet, means they dont have a problem or in your case, that you really dont have to quit yet. Let me tell you, though, that this thing is progressive. That means that the fifteen beers will progress into a case,....than more,...than perhaps hard liquor to get the job done faster. And dont fool yourself,....people DO know. They may not have said anything yet,....but some of them definitely know. What I found out about myself was,...that ALOT of people knew during the time when I though I had them all fooled. I thought that since nobody had said anything yet, that I had kept it a secret pretty darn well. I found out that during that time they were talking about me behind my back. Its not until its far too late that the first person usually FINALLY says something. Just like the alcoholic themselves need to have consequences due to their drinking before they admit a problem or seek help, .....the people on the outside looking in, need to see you HAVING problems before they say anything and you already stated that you havent had any reprecussions yet due to your abuse.
Old 11-17-2006, 02:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Zoomer,

I am so glad that you found us. SR is full of support, information and lots of great people.

I understand the domino effect you are talking about. I think our problems are often complex and intertwined. I, too deal with depression, anxiety and insomnia. I used alcohol as a last resort to deal with the depression and, found out that it made everything so much worse. I had to get the depression/anxiety properly treated with meds before I was able to stop drinking.

Keep posting.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks for all of the kind and thoughtful responses, again. I find a piece of what I'm feeling in almost every message from every one who has posted.

The level of support, sharing of similar effects and interest in helping is really surprising me. I don't know why I am surprised, but I'm glad I found this place and all of you.

Sidenote, I notice so many "guests". I was one for a bit. If any of you are reading this, post something, anything. Hey it's anonymous, hence my title. If I didn't find this place I'm not sure where I'd lead myself. In a strange way I'm starting to feel like I'll get better. I have had three tonight but I don't feel the need to get wasted.