Notices

Concentration

Old 11-16-2006, 08:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Concentration

I just started a new job on Monday. I am having trouble concentrating. I keep thinking about my pending court case. I feel guilty. I feel that I am not giving the company 100%. I feel that I shouldn't be there. Has anyone faced a similar situation? If so, how did you handle it?
Old 11-16-2006, 09:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

I have done the same and when I put my mind to it, I deal with it the best way I know how and do my job.

Worry about what if... and when the time comes, what if never happens.
Worry about what if... and when the time comes, we realize we couldn't change anything...What will be will be.
Live in the moment. Can't do anything about the court date till that day gets here. Worry only takes away from today..it adds nothing to tomorrow.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Good Grief HP

Hey Cubbie,
4 months into the A.A program I received a promotion with a nice raise in salary. I’ve worked with the same corporation since 92. Being 4 months into recovery I was not the best employee to say the least, my mind was racing 50 miles a minute. I felt guilty for accepting the position especially for the horrible things I did while working during my drinking days. HOWEVER each day got better and by doing the right thing at work and in my life, I became a productive employee. By doing the next right thing that guilty feeling passed. It’s true what they told me “this to shall pass” I can honestly say I try and give 100 % today. By doing all this, 1½ year after the promotion, I am up for another promotion.

Cubbie believe when I tell you this… THIS TOO SHALL PASS…
Old 11-16-2006, 11:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Why worry about things you can't control and why worry about things you can control... b/c you can control them!
Old 11-16-2006, 11:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I read a suggestion somewhere to allow yourself an allotted time to worry. Outside of that time you can concentrate on what needs to be done in the moment since you know you've done what you can do about the other problem. Worry is a killer. Take action to change what you can, and accept what you can't change.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I like that one. Seems reasonable.