Notices

30 days today

Old 11-16-2006, 02:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

30 days today

good morning all...wow!!!! alot of new posts today....that is great...I made it through 30 days....i almost lost it yesterday....got another letter from my best friend(ex best friend now).the recovering alcoholic...told me she knows now that she can never be friends with someone who has a drinking problem...she bailed out on me over a month ago,saying she couldn't be friends with anyone who drinks....I have been sober for 30 days,yes,but i think i will always have a,"drinking problem"...so she was telling me it's over......the first thing i thought of,after reading her letter was,"F--- it......noone really cares whether i drink or not...so why don't I? it's all so much easier when i drink.....the solution to all problems......i am so hurt,dissappointed,angry......sad....and lonely....all the feelings that lead me to that bottle...but i didn't.....last night anyway....i am going to gather up all my strenghth and try to get through day 30 without stopping at the liquor store on my way home from work..give me strength....
Old 11-16-2006, 04:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Well Done!
Old 11-16-2006, 04:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

press in, press on, press through.....I hope to make it 30 days.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

Way to go, karrotop !!!!!!

Old 11-16-2006, 05:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

you can make it, this is so hard, trust me, i've been in your shoes...best friend troubles and all...but it is worth it...and you have worked too hard to give up...i really hope you make it, it is so worth it....
Old 11-16-2006, 07:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Rinnie's Grandpa

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by karrotop
good morning all...wow!!!! alot of new posts today....that is great...I made it through 30 days....i almost lost it yesterday....got another letter from my best friend(ex best friend now).the recovering alcoholic...told me she knows now that she can never be friends with someone who has a drinking problem...she bailed out on me over a month ago,saying she couldn't be friends with anyone who drinks....I have been sober for 30 days,yes,but i think i will always have a,"drinking problem"...so she was telling me it's over......the first thing i thought of,after reading her letter was,"F--- it......noone really cares whether i drink or not...so why don't I? it's all so much easier when i drink.....the solution to all problems......i am so hurt,dissappointed,angry......sad....and lonely....all the feelings that lead me to that bottle...but i didn't.....last night anyway....i am going to gather up all my strenghth and try to get through day 30 without stopping at the liquor store on my way home from work..give me strength....
Congratulations karrotop...

This thread is a good example for me...

The first time I quit in 1990, I think 30 days was my most memorable milestone...

Keep up the good work...

One day at a time.

Steve

Old 11-16-2006, 07:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Old 11-16-2006, 08:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on your 30 days!