Notices

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 3

Old 11-15-2006, 06:54 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Ruby, stick with us today, okay?
Old 11-15-2006, 07:13 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

ruby...i'm here if you need me, pm me if you need to vent...

yes jane, i think my hubby needs a reality check, too...sometimes i want to check him with a frying pan, but a vacation will do! where are we off to this week, ladies????

aidan's ride did not show, again, so now i have a four year old throwing a tantrum in his room, i'm doing my best to ignore him but it is really hard!!!
Old 11-15-2006, 07:19 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

'morning, gang!

(((((Ruby))))))) I'm sorry you're feeling badly today. Did something happen or is it just one of those days? We're here if you feel like talking. (((Hugs)))

Ayla - here's a frying pan to smack over your hubby's head. (Gosh I hope the picture comes out - Jane, I'm following your image shack instructions!) Why can't men understand exactly how much work it is to look after a family and a home??

Best wishes to all for a good day - and if you're day isn't so good, sending you warm hugs and lots of love to help you back on your feet.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:27 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

i was thinking cast-iron, but that will do fine...i was thinking....he has to sleep sometime, right? maybe i'll put pickle juice in his pepsi or pepper in his peanutbutter....(can you say that 5 times fast?)....you should see this place when i leave him in charge for a couple of hours...i get home and the house is a disaster and he has this crazed/panicked/relieved look on his face when i walk in the door...usually 27 stains on his shirt and his hair standing straight up...and to think i feel sorry for him...who is feeling sorry for me????
Old 11-15-2006, 07:41 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

where are we off to this week, ladies????
Fiji it is!!

Look! All those lounge chairs are waiting for us....

Last edited by janeeyre; 11-15-2006 at 08:00 AM. Reason: add pics
Old 11-15-2006, 07:46 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

fiji....aaaahhhhh....tropical breezes, the ocean, shopping, hot men, showers, no kids, aaaahhhhh......
Old 11-15-2006, 08:02 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

The down side to Fiji....me in a bathing suit! You all would be running away from me screaming..."my eyes...eewww...make it stop!"
Old 11-15-2006, 08:04 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Nuh-uh! (borrowing a phrase from my kids) Ruby, we ALL have bathing suit issues!

Old 11-15-2006, 08:08 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Whoever came up with the bathing suit concept had to have hated women!!
Old 11-15-2006, 08:10 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Alissa...the last we heard you were on your way to Beezy's with pie...did you get lost???
Old 11-15-2006, 08:17 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

i've been waiting ......fiji sounds great
Old 11-15-2006, 08:37 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

mmmmm.....pie.......
Old 11-15-2006, 08:50 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I have a feeling today is gonna be a long day.....a hard day and I am gonna have to fight every second of it..cause I am losing it slowly...and surely I cannot do this....my H is doing interviews at his work all day so i can't really call him alot today. It is cold and rainy and I my son will be gone this afternoon at school ....I will be completely alone for 3 hrs..usually I would be elated about this but now with what I am dealing with I am scared and don't want to be alone...i am totally overwhelmed right now. i hate this...I just want her back.....
Old 11-15-2006, 09:08 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

(((((beezy))))) You know those intense fears and painful feelings will lessen in time. Just do what you have to do to get through these moments safely. I think I remember that you attended NA for a bit early on. Do you still have some phone numbers. It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to give someone a call just to keep yourself grounded. You're not committed to a lifetime of NA by calling, but it might be nice to have a sensible ear right now.

I hope all of you who are struggling right now find some peace and calm in the storm. I'm finally beginning to feel a little more stable after our robbery. There is so much to do and my husband might lose his mind trying to replace all the work files on his laptop (10 years of work...poof!) but I didn't drink over it and don't plan to right now.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:09 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

oh beezy...come here and you won't be alone...i'm sending big fluffy hugs your way....
Old 11-15-2006, 09:12 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Good Morning Ladies.. Well since this weekend (you know firetrucks and falling down the stairs) everything has calmed down.. Kids are fighting, but nothing new there, i don't worry about it until someone cires or i see blood.. If i worried about everytime they fought i would be playing referee all day everyday.. I got a call last night from my daughters biological father, he was high i'm sure.. Rambling on about how he made a mistake signing away his rights and letting my now husband adopt her.. And that he wants to see her (he can't because of papers we both signed in court durning the adoption).. He frustrates me.. He always has a knowing of when everything is going good for me and has to call and put everything in an uproar.. The only thing i had to say to him was "calling her is against the no contact order you signed when we did the adoption" I then hung up.. GRRRR makes me mad, i'm just glad he lives in a different state.. I used to worry about him just showing up and doing something stupid while he was high..
Well thats all for now..have to go think about what to make the kids for lunch..

Sarah
Old 11-15-2006, 09:14 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Beezy, I know my aunt and sister-in-law both benefitted greatly from The Compassionate Friends. A support group for family members who have lost children. You can check there website to see if there is a chapter near you.
Every year in December they set aside a day for everyone around the world to light a candle for all those children who have passed. This year is December 10th at 7:00. Can you imagine their view from Heaven?

I'll be lighting my candle...are you with me mommies?
Old 11-15-2006, 09:20 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

my computer posted twice.. lol silly computers..
Sarah
Old 11-15-2006, 09:27 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

yes....i'll light two...

sarah...you did exactly the right thing, gave him the facts and hung up...you definately don't need any more drama than that...
i don't know what i would do if chase's dad showed up or called...probably have a fit...i have not heard from him in 9 years, though, and i hope i never do...the sad thing is i have no idea what kind of person he is today...i am so different than i was 10 years ago...i don't feel like the same person...i hate it when someone says that people can't change...because i am a perfect example of the fact that a person CAN change...we all are...
Old 11-15-2006, 09:32 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Morning Gals...

Is it wrong to give you 2 year old Toaster Strudel for breakfast because you tired of him not eating.. First time he ate every bite of his breakfast though!

I have this friend, beautiful home, husband, cars, and new baby. I just chatted with her, she is finishing up her 3 month maternity leave this week. I might live in a tiny overstuffed condo and live paycheck to paycheck but I am so blessed to get to stay home with my babies! That is top of my gratitude list to day.

So today I am grateful for...

>Staying home with my babies
>Getting emails from my mom (she is actually talking to me again)
>This forum first thing in the morning
>Toaster Strudel

Anyone else want to write their grat list here?

Ruby and Smyle....hang in there... "When walking thru hell, don't find a parking spot!" You will get to the other side!

Ayla, My 2 year old is Austin Chase.