Notices

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 3

Old 11-24-2006, 10:34 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

SO glad to hear everyone made it through.

((((Codi)))) How horrible for you to hear that from your own sisters! What the heck is WRONG with people???? Anyhow, it must have been nice to just cozy up with your kids and hubby. It sounds like you had a really nice time. And I'm glad Jaik's party went well too!

I found myself really cranky with my kids both last night and this morning. I really hate yelling at them, but they all seem to be driving me crazy lately. I know it's the stress of trying to juggle 50 things plus work, but I wish I could ground myself more so that I didn't become a shrew every day.
Old 11-24-2006, 12:46 PM
  # 362 (permalink)  

((Candy)) Ooh how I hear you!! Whoever it was that decided kids didn't need to go to school the day after holidays obviously didn't have kids!!!!

Mine are driving me nuts, and I hate it because it makes me feel like I did when I was using, and had to take a pill to deal with them. Today is the closest I've felt like I needed to use since I got clean. Why? I made it through yesterday ok, and its just the everyday things like the kids and the dishes that are threatening to push me over the edge. Days like these I really wish we all lived nearby because I REALLY need to leave this house and get a break!!! Just have some grown up time!! No cleaning, no yelling, no fighting, no laundry!! I have so much to do and all I want to do is scream!!! Deep Breath! At least I can spill my guts to you guys, because I really feel terrible today. What the "H" is wrong with me? My 3 yr old just bit my 7 yr old....how can they tell I'm about to lose it? Hope everyone is having a much better day than I am.
--Codi--
Old 11-24-2006, 12:57 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  

It never fails, Codi- they always know when you are on the edge and seem to feed off of it. Breathe and post. That should be our SR mantra..?.
Old 11-24-2006, 02:29 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  

ok, codi...i'm on my way up there so we can kick your sister's a$$es...i know that must hurt more than you are willing to admit...but you did the right thing staying home..you don't need to expose yourself to their negativity...someone's signature says "friends are the family we make for ourselves.."...i stay away from the family that are a-holes...i refuse to be hurt...and i don't need their judgement and negativity...
it's wierd how our kids act out just when we need calm the most...mine are all being brats today, and i have another horrible headache from hell...so of course they are as loud as possible...and whining, fighting and crying...arrrrggg....
jane...it's wierd how much we all have in common...isn't it?..i missed you yesterday....
ok...where is c'est, beezy, alissa, fred, mary poppins, and everyone else? i'm going to send out a search party...

tam tam...breath and post..breath and post...breath and post...i'm so glad you found us...i love it when new friends show up here...you all add so much wisdom and character to our little (and ever-growing) band of mamas...breath and post...breath and post...breath and post...i love it....

candy...we all have so much to do every day...we will make it and someday when we are bored grannies with empty nests, our kids grown with their own lives, we will miss these days of chaos...or not...i'm going to be fat in overalls growing too many tomatoes with a hot gardener who thinks fat old women are sexy...but i'll miss my kids sometimes...on holidays...

love and hugs to all my girls...
ayla
Old 11-24-2006, 02:43 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  

omg...we have posted 363 posts on here in 11 days....how cool is that? c'est...you are responsible for changing lives...doesn't that feel good....when you are feeling down...remember all of the women you brought together...all of the lives you have made better...i can't say enough how this little thread has helped me...and how great it feels to come here every day and know that i have friends who really care...and all of these women getting along...not one single disagreement, no tension after all of this time...it really is a miracle...

c'est...thank you for listeng to your HP and typing those 9 little words...any mom's out there keeping sane while not using?...

THANK YOU C'EST...YOU ARE WONDERFUL...AND I APPRECIATE YOU AND ALL YOU HAVE DONE FOR ME EVERY DAY...
Old 11-24-2006, 02:48 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Can we get a babysitting co-op going here? I'm going to go nuts!!!! On the ranch all the teenagers have to babysit the younger ones. Boy, when your mom said "Someday I hope you have one just like you....." that is today!!!

If my hubby doesn't get home soon, I may just leave all 4 of them here by themselves. (stupid me agreed to let them have friends spend the night).

One of my friends, who used to actually be my "dealer" called. It was really weird because I was reading threads last week and saw a thread with info and names I recognized. She has been clean almost a month and is having a really hard time because she can't talk to all her old "friends". They all just want something from her. Being a little older, I can't relate that much, because all my friends really had no idea about my drug use. But she called and said she was having a really hard time today, she really wanted to use. For a fleeting moment, I wanted to talk her into it...just so she'd get something for me. How Stupid!!! When do these thoughts leave????? Of coarse I didn't. I told her I'd go have coffee with her when my husband gets home. I wish I could just get rid of the urge. Ah well, I know that as long as I'm coming here, and have people to **** and moan to I will stay on track...no matter how long and hard my days are.

Ayla...I'd love to see you in a royal rumble with my fam....all my money's on YOU!!! You're a much stronger person than all three of them put together!!

Love you guys...Codi
Old 11-24-2006, 03:00 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  

codi--way to go! you create your own happiness and new good memories. i can't believe your family would talk that way about you and that your mother would even allow that language about another family member. Thank you for sparing yourself from that mess. and i'm with ayla--just send them our way!

my kids have been off since noon on tuesday. it's not been as bad as i thought it might be. of course, i'm getting absolutely nothing done--but we spent the day at the gym and the playground and had fun. my theory is that if i keep them moving long enough, maybe they'll be so tired that they won't wake me up at 6 a.m. (from my lips to God's ears!) now, don't get me wrong, we've had many time-outs and go-to-corners and many tears and hits and cries of "not fair!," but it hasn't been worse than normal. (if this is normal---lol!) hang in there moms, this too will pass. (that is my other mantra!)

i absolutely can not believe the traffic and parking lots at the mall today. what is it that induces people to seek crowds and torture themselves while in them? i almost took the kids out for dinner but ran fast the other way when i saw how busy the place was. instead went to farmer's market and got some cookies and hot cocoa. much more peaceful...

now i'm gonna go snuggle with the munchkins and watch a video. hugs to all and i'll bbl.
Old 11-24-2006, 03:07 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  

have fun snuggling....that's exactly what we are going to do...my neighbors are always over here...which i don't mind, i like the company and actually having adult conversations....but i'm booting them out tonight so we can have family time...hopefully i can keep the chaos to a minimum...yeah, right...but we are going to try!!!hmmmm...now what to watch....

codi...i can take all three of them...i have two brothers and i fought every day of my life...and they are giant mutant men...my oldest was six foot at thirteen...plus i'm AYLA THE AMAZING AMAZON....if i don't kick their butts i'll give them a piece of my mind....hehe....
Old 11-24-2006, 08:04 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Hey, Scoot-- Is it your birthday? If so-

Old 11-24-2006, 08:11 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  

not birthday...but it seems as if i've hit the 4 month mark. i didn't even realize it until i saw it on the board. pretty cool. i used to keep track by the hour!

thanks sweetie!

here's to a good weekend to all and to all a good night!
Old 11-24-2006, 08:31 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  

nighty night...someone had better post this weekend and keep me company!!!
Old 11-24-2006, 08:58 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Allo, I am just jumping in here and tried to read some of the posts. As for being a mom and lacking patience. I totally understand and relate. At least we realize that we lack patience which means that we care. Someone gave me great advice in trying to improve anything from my personality.

He said, it is a "process" and not an "event". Wow!! That was powerful for me because I felt like I didn't have to get my **** together in one day.

I also think we are our worst critics so we need to have patience with ourselves and realize that we are human. Feeling aweful etc.. just makes me feel that much worse and doesn't help our patience at all.

I just watched a movie called "Click" with Adam Sandler and it just reminded me how precious time is. He was an impatient man and a series of events happen. It is an excellent movie and I highly highly recommend it.
Joanne
Old 11-24-2006, 10:26 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  

hi joanne...you are so right...sometimes we are too hard on ourselves...parenting is so hard....and we all do the best we can...we should give ourselves some slack and relax....
Old 11-25-2006, 05:36 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Good morning all--

I survived the 4 kiddies last night, though I'm so tired I'm barely able to keep my eyes open! I was not aware that one of the kids had never spent the night anywhere before, so it was kind of a long night, but everyone seems happy this morning!

Just wanted to drop in and thank all my girls for the support yesterday!! You guys kept me going (as always) and I didn't end up strangling anyone!! The urge to use has passed and today is another day! My hubby can take charge today (I'm already looking forward to a nap!!)

xoxoxoxo----Codi----
Old 11-25-2006, 05:39 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Ayla Zaire,
Yep!! I think all parents feel guilty one way or another. It is part of becoming a parent I guess. It is funny, it is the most important job in the world however it is the one with the least training available. I think if we give them lots of love than we are already ahead. Have a great weekend.. Very interesting posts.. Glad I hopped on..
Old 11-25-2006, 06:01 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Good morning, All.

Another HS football playoff game last night. We are undefeated and ranked 1st in the state. If we win next week we go to the semi-finals at the Georgia Dome then state championships. That's the excitement in our small town... Usually I have a couple drinks before we go, then drink a bottle of wine or so when we get home. I enjoyed the game and the surroundings so much more last night!

We haven't seen Click yet, but the kids really want to watch it. They are 11 and 12. ( a pretty mature 12) What do the mommy reviewers say?

Christmas decorations today- in Calif we didn't even think about that for 3 more wks- but not here... Last night lights were up, trees were up...

Anyone shop yesterday and live to tell about it??

My daughter said Thanksgiving was more fun w/out me drinking. That really helped validate my decision to stop. I can see a lot of good in just 9 days.
Old 11-25-2006, 08:51 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  

tam tam....i think that's great what your daughter said...it always helps to have positive reinforcement...even as adults....

everyone here is decorating for christmas, too...but i'm not ready for that yet...since all of my stuff is in storage, i have to use my mom's stuff...and man, talk about too many memories...i'm not sure if i can handle it...but i'm working on it...prayers for courage are appreciated...

o.k....where are you beezy??? liss???alissa???fred(maureen)...there seem to be some missing mommies around here....i miss my girls....hope you had a great holiday and everything is ok....
Old 11-25-2006, 08:59 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  

I was wondering about Liss. I know she was having a hard time the other day.

This feels kind of dumb but I just went to the market and it was so nice... I wasn't hung over and foggy- Usually, when I run into people (ALWAYS do in a small town) I avoid looking them in the eyes because I'm afraid they can "tell". I always felt like I couldn't get my words out right either- I would try to quickly move on. Today was totally different! I'm clear headed, I smiled and I chatted. Baby steps...

This is the 2nd Christmas without my Daddy, Ayla. It is so hard. My husband had been wanting an artificial tree for years because he had one growing up. I would never give in- After my dad died I'm like, , I don't really care. So, now I have a lovely artificial tree.... whatever. No sap on the carpet...............
Old 11-25-2006, 10:34 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  

my poor chasey is sick...that child has not been sick in a very long time...like a year, believe it or not...feel so bad for him...he is so out of it and he seems confused, like, "what's happening to me?" now hubby is sick, too...and i don't feel too well...but i never feel very good when my kiddos are sick...i get sympathy symptoms...

tam...i'm so sorry about your dad...the holidays are very hard, i'm finding out...sometimes i still feel numb and confused...i think "i have to tell mom" three times a day...and i feel so much sorrow, because i had hoped that because our relationship was so strong, i would feel some sort of connection to her...but she is just gone...there is just a huge void in my life...

i have to say, though that i am getting better...

codi...i'm so glad you made it...4 kids? all i need is one extra...which i have every day...but i know the feeling of being ready to snap when chaos hits...glad you didn't strangle anyone...hehe

ayla
Old 11-25-2006, 11:26 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Oh no- sick kids are no fun. I hope you don't get it, too, Ayla!!!