Notices

Too many day ones...

Old 11-12-2006, 12:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs down Too many day ones...

Hi,
I'm back after having been off the wagon for a while again. I tried "cutting down" and failed miserably like so many times before this one. I'm finally leaving it up to God. I have asked Him to help me. I went to my neighbor and ask her to pray for me and with me. I found out that she had a problem with alcohol many years back but that after praying God took her taste for alcohol away and she never even had the desire to drink again...I would like Him to do the same for me. No more taste for beer, please!
I'm so sick and tired of being sick and tired. I feel terrible after my drinking binge for the past two days. I feel depressed and anxious and powerless and so terribly guilty like so many times before. All of those feelings should finally send a message to quit drinking! So, I'm on day one again. Thank you for letting me share.
Jana, an alcoholic
Old 11-12-2006, 12:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Jana,

Welcome back and I'm glad you're going to try again. Cutting down, in my opinion, is not possible. I tried doing that on and off for a year and it just ended up getting worse and worse. There is lots of support here, so keep posting.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for your support, Anna. It is not possible to cut down for an alcoholic. I realized once again that I'm an alcoholic and not just a "problem drinker". My dad was able to cut down his once excessive drinking to 1-2 beers a night and has stuck with that for 40 years. I can't do it and I have to stop kidding myself about it.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

For me, the key was "Surrender". That has been working for me since 5/25/05
Old 11-12-2006, 12:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I want to quit obsessing about it. THAT is the really hard part. I'm usually able to recover quickly physically but the mental part is different. I need to surrender my "power" to God...when I get a craving, I need to pray for help that's all I can do. And meetings of course.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Have you seen this?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...influence.html

That book + God +AA
saved my life.