Notices

I cant belive I did this

Old 11-09-2006, 04:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I cant belive I did this

Anyways, I meet this nice lady who is about 10 years younger than me.We hit it off from the first minute we meet. I just couldnt belive that she was interested in me. She was the centre of attention and she was interested in me. She asked me if I wanted to go for a drink. I just couldnt say no. She is just so good looking.

Well, that was the start of the most embarrassing time I have ever had infront of my peers. I got so drunk that I ended up on a table dancing naked and was arrested for taking a bath in the town fountain with a blow up sheep. All of this in front of my boss and co workers. None of them new I had a drinking problem. I just dont know how I am going to face any of them again and to make it worse the young lady doesnt want to know me.

I am so tempted to have a drink and I am shaking so badly i can hardly type. This is the worst time in my life ever
Old 11-09-2006, 04:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
AA Member

I feel your pain. I hope all goes well with your boss . It is amazing what we will do under the influence. Thinking of you, Jay
Old 11-09-2006, 04:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome,

We've all done things while drinking, that we regret.

If you want to stop drinking, you've come to the right place. Take a look around and read some of the posts. You'll be inspired.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

we have allllllllll been there , walk with your head up high, if anyone says anything tell them alcohol and medication don't go well together, Jay learn from this.. next time , beleive it or not, it could be worstttttttt
Old 11-09-2006, 05:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
AA Member

Jay learn from this.. next time??
Old 11-09-2006, 06:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Seems to me that drinking is causing you problems.
It did for me too until I gave it up.

Welocme to sR!
Old 11-09-2006, 06:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CarolD
Seems to me that drinking is causing you problems.
It did for me too until I gave it up.

Welocme to sR!
I think you are right, The sheeps family are incredably disgusted in the entire affair as well. Even the sheep is blowing me off and I tell ewes its all very embarrassing
Old 11-09-2006, 07:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It's always a risky thing to do, but I found having a little toke when the urge to drink hits. Sure it's substituting one addiction for another, but you'll find yourself much more manageable when stoned and even if you do get on the grog, you'll fall asleep long before you get to the point of being a complete and utter idiot like you were on the night in question.

Good luck mate.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:15 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Lostmywagon,

Talk to your boss and see what happens. It might be as bad as you think, but it may not be.

If you are having a hard time with alcohol and shaking you may require medical assistance before being able to safely withdraw--I did.

Otherwise you may be risking seizures.

Find a good counselor or out patient program like i did. Your problems may not get better instantly, but being sober won't make them any worse.

You can be sure being drunk will.