SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   confused about my future (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/107229-confused-about-my-future.html)

tears of a lady 11-07-2006 07:15 AM

confused about my future

Let me say that Im grateful to have awoke this morning and to be promted to find you all on this site! I have alot of healing and recovery to do! my Husbands long term condition of alcoholism and drug addiction has reflected on me over the years and finally have I relized I myself need to clean up my side of the street.For 11 years of my life I have been trying to fix my husbands life but because I become weak and tierd I have put myself into a postion to be a follower in his path since I cant seem to fix him!! The result just seems worse.Im a flat out angry and Tierd woman that has BEEN SO SELFISH to our three daughters emotional needs.I am addicted to marjuanna and perscription pills to cope with the stress I have as a result of my issues in my marriage.I woke up this morning feeling so feed up with myself as a Mother that I want today to be my first day of sobriety!!!

Anna 11-07-2006 07:25 AM

Hi and Welcome,

I moved your post into a thread of its own so you could get a proper welcome.

I'm glad you found us and there is lots of support here, so I hope you keep posting.

michski 11-07-2006 07:30 AM

((( tears ))) Congrats on your realizations. You have made some bad choices for yourself in the past but try not to dwell in their memory. You've made the decision to change your life for the better and that's HUGE!

It's never too late to become the woman you want to be. As women we are held back, detoured, devoured and often tortured. You are getting ready for the future by deciding to get yourself clean. You've gone through some pretty difficult stuff and with your kids you need all the clarity life can muster. Talk to your kids, let them know how you feel and make it clear to them you want to again become a team player with them.

Kids understand apologies.
:Val004:

michski 11-07-2006 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by tears of a lady
I am addicted to marjuanna and perscription pills to cope with the stress I have as a result of my issues in my marriage.I woke up this morning feeling so feed up with myself as a Mother that I want today to be my first day of sobriety!!!

((( anna ))) is this not the proper forum for her?

Anna 11-07-2006 07:38 AM

The Newcomers forum is for all newcomers.

I moved the post because it was on the end of someone else's thread.

CarolD 11-07-2006 08:57 AM

Welcome TL!

I can undderstand..when my children were drinking and drugging..I too started to drink.

It did help for a short while but I slid slowly into alcoholism.

I suggest you have an honest talk with your doctor..
a medical opinion for withdrawal is a wise move.

Blessings to all of you..