Notices

Hello - New to Forums

Old 10-25-2006, 11:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Hello - New to Forums

Just wanted to introduce myself. I a Christian with just over one year's sobriety (yeah!! by the grace of God), my primary focus at the moment is working thru co-dependency issues (that I'm sure motivated me to making drinkiing a destructive hobby in the first place), trauma issues (married 10 yrs. to co-dependent alcoholic w/major control issues) and bi-polar illness.

I attend 2 CD/mental health groups per week, go to Celebrate Recovery once a week (and sing in the praise/worship band). I highly recommend Celebrate Recovery for believers that are seeking the Lord, his Word and other believers for encouragement, strength and hope. If anyone needs more info. let me know.

I'm currently depressed and anxious. Tired of working thru emotional issues. Does it ever end? What forum should I be presently involved in, do you think?

Thanks for your input and God Bless You as we travel down the road to recovery from our hurts, habits and hang-ups together!

Because we have the 'victory in 2007' is not sooner!
Old 10-25-2006, 12:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Welcome to Sober Recovery--victory 2007! Glad you are here! I too can relate to some of what you have already said. As far as which forum to check in with here--I would recommend the Christians in Recovery forum. They are believers which have helped me out a great deal with my own personal recovery (which includes some religious viewpoints tied in with recovery.) But I started here in Newcomers & find that right now (for me) this is where I get what I need to hear--I have 33 days today of recovery. So, just hang around SR for awhile. There are people here who care about you. Also, I would be interested in checking out Celebrate Recovery (which you mentioned). Please send me a private message with more details/info. Again, welcome to Sober Recovery!
Old 10-25-2006, 06:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Midas

Hiya victory2007! Welcome Aboard. Congrats on your sober time so far!

Here's one forum that might interest you;
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ians-recovery/

We also have a mental health forum that deals with a variety of concerns. Hope you find the answers you seek.

Don't be afraid to ask questions!