Notices

Time to move on...

Old 10-21-2006, 02:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Time to move on...

Today has been one week since I posted stating my concerns of certain activities that have taken place here. As a result, I have been deemed as no longer capable of representing SR as a Greeter. I do not conduct the image SR wants to portray as one. I was not given the common courtesy of notice, or any explanations as to why, it just was. I was informed by another Greeter through PM that I no longer would remain as a SR Greeter. I find the lack of communication a bit harsh.

Since then, I received a PM from the administrator stating that my behavior was uncalled for. I replied back and I still have not received word from him. His PM stated that although he did not have time to address my whole PM, he would get back to me later in the day, or the following evening. He did not want me to feel ignored. I have waited patiently and silently. I will not wait any further. I would be remiss if I didn't state that I am disappointed.

I am a member here before I am a Greeter. When I agreed to become a Greeter I didn't realize I was giving up my right to voice my opinion. I did what I did and I stand by my convictions. If there are consequences so be it. The masses do not have to agree with me, but if you want to be truly honest, there are some issues that need to be addressed, but will not be resolved during my time spent here. Personally, I feel that there are many others who share the same concerns, but are afraid of voicing them due to the consequences.

I know what my experience has been and what has occurred. I know. It is through my concerns that I voiced my opinion. If members concerns continue to be swept under the carpet, people will begin to question as to what is really going on? For a newcomer, my voice is my greatest gift. Telling of my Experience, Strength & Hope is key in recovery. Silencing my voice may be a temporary solution, but the problem will still exist until it is honestly addressed. Enough of that. Continue on as you will, but try to remember to take every members concerns into consideration.

One voice in this time, I have told my story and now have become a part of SR history. My story is en capsuled and put away and someday perhaps someone will bring it up to the surface. I am not the same person that I was when I first walked into the doors of SR. I have grown and I have become wiser. I still make mistakes and if I am lucky, I will learn from them.

I will walk away taking much with me. I have come to know much humility and perhaps that was my greatest lesson to be learned here. As painful as it may be, I have found it to be a grateful experience. My only wish is that I have done more good than harm here. If I have been able to help one person, my efforts have been fulfilled.

I have come to love and care for many members here. I truly appreciate all those who have helped me get through my toughest times. There were days that I never would have made it through without you. From the bottom of my heart I thank you, and wish you well. You are wonderful and I will never forget how you have touched my life.

SR was my family, my home away from home. I came here to find comfort. It was my resolve and my connection with others. It is with a heavy heart and with much thought and sadness that I make this my last post here. My home away from home is no longer comfortable. With that, it is time to move on. Bless you all and see you on the other side...

Muse
Old 10-21-2006, 03:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have no idea what's happened Muse but just wanted to say, even though I'm a "lurker", your posts have always inspired me. I wish you the very best in all that you do and I will publicly say, I will miss you if you go. Don't think SR will be the same without you Hugs from across the water
Old 10-21-2006, 03:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

SR will definitely not be the same without you!! You were there for me since the very beginning and you have been a HUGE part of my recovery. I've grown and learned so much by reading your posts. When I was at the lowest of the low, you reached out to me. It was when I felt isolated and like everyone was against me. You said something that made me decide to pick myself back up and keep going. It was those words of hope and encouragement that touched my heart and gave me the strength to pick myself up again.

You have helped many people on this site and no matter what has happened, you are a huge asset to SR!! You have given of yourself to others and what you gave to everyone continues to live and they pass that encouragement on. It is the gift that keeps on giving. I believe that what happened to you was unfair and I with things could have turned out differently.

SR will have a huge loss without you.....
Old 10-21-2006, 03:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Muse....
If there is that one person out there that you have helped.....it is ME!!!!!! I dont know the politics etc. nor do I know the exact circumstances that have brought this to fruition.....but plzzzz.........continue in recovery, keep in touch (my email is there) and stay strong!!!!!! OMG!!!!! You will be so greatly missed here.....
Love Liss
Old 10-21-2006, 03:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Muse, im just now hearing of this news too for the first time....

I dont know what happened. All i know is that i have grown to enjoy my SR family here...You are part of my family and im sure ur shares have meant alot to many.....including myself.....

i myself have been corrected a few times for not posting something in the right place ...HOWEVER....i have noticed that those that do correct me have different ways of saying what they need to say to me....

Sure im sensitive and i dont like to be told what to do.....then i look att he person who is teliing me..if its the softer way or is the the harsh way....

I tend to be less critical of the one who is kinder to me and takes care of me or guides me here in SR the softer way....i mean im only human....and its hard to see what people r truely like thru cyberspace recovery....

If u saw me...u wouldnt think i could harm a hair on ur head...but my words if i let them can cut u like a knife....

So i try not to judge to harshless with folks here and communication is very important.

When the wonderful person in the support group works with me and we have a good understanding....then communication and friendship is wonderful.

I would hope ud stay....or if u go, go and come back....there r many who still need ur ESH shared with them.... I do...!

AA friend in Houston
Old 10-21-2006, 03:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

This has happened to so many people now... I could rattle off a half dozen with out even thinking hard.

IMO, it's all about the scrilla, scratch, paper...
Old 10-21-2006, 03:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well this is exactly the reason why I don't want to be part of any moderators/admin/volunteer team anymore. Too much politics and what not involved.

I hope you stick around. You don't need 'greeter' as your title to be welcoming, helpful and friendly to the newcomers on here.

Marte
Old 10-21-2006, 03:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Muse,

I will miss you here I enjoyed working with you, your wisdom and strong spirit always helped me. I read this with confusion and sadness but have decided that I need to find a way through this regardless of others opinion.

I hope we can keep in touch

Kevin
Old 10-21-2006, 04:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

((((Muse))))
Old 10-21-2006, 05:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

I will miss you!

editied by me don't want to start anything again

Last edited by Luckyv2; 10-21-2006 at 05:24 PM.
Old 10-21-2006, 05:26 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Nooooo people.....please dont feel that way.....we have soooo many different personalities in here that theres no way we can get to know anyone on a real personal bases....here in SR or any recovery online source .....im here for myself....i keep my shares mostly based on what was taught to me from the very beginning...i may say the same thing over and over again...and thats why it still works for me....it can be the same for u....i try not to get attached to folks in here all tho it can be tempting...but i try to look at SR as a place to basically do my recovery work....its ok to have fun from time to time..but there r so many of us that need help and are looking for answers and they look towards the "old-timers" the ones that have been here for a few or more day, weeks, months, yrs.....

Everyone of u have something to offer here...something to share....

For me its a life line to recovery....however..if my computer blew up...im sure i would throw a hissy fit...lol but i have to also know that this isnt the end of the world for me....that my recovery is just being directed somewheres else.

Vic..it saddens me to hear u share the way u feel like that....i understand tho..because im alone here and have pushed all my loved ones practically away....no i dont fit in alot of places, things, around people...i do feel different...yet not in here are in AA f2f meetings...u r the only guys that truely understand me....you know where my thinking is coming from.....

SR friends, to whom my path has already crossed...and for those that r stll traveling beside me...and for the the ones i havent met yet....

I need each of u in my program....sharing, guiding, caring...ur support....ur fellowship.

Life has its ups and downs as we continue on...if we didnt go thru changes then how r we to grow,,,,Vic ..u r growing in recovery.....dont give up now buddy.....

any of u...dont give up...ONE DAY AT A TIME

Thanks for letting me share.
Old 10-21-2006, 05:46 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thumbs down

I've been involved with quite a few online message/chat boards. I don't know why (well we are all drunks/addicts) these negative and hurtful snits arise but they do.
Muse, you contribute an honest attitude that I believe communicates really well with newcomers and the rest of us. Your posts have insight and humility and I'm hoping that there is just some sort of misunderstanding.

Do greeters have an understanding with the administration as to a job discription? If it's by the book (aa/na) then it's a position that doesn't require much imagination.... Imagination is definitely your strong point. Please don't go away just because of a beaurocratic snit!!

There are many ways to contribute to this site without being a greeter.... I only hope you don't get tooo resentful about this act of rejection and leave us all..... because you know we Heart you big time! Let this whole thing go... so what if you're not a proper greeter! Maybe you could be called upon to be an "alternative counter culture greeter"?

With all due respect I believe the administration should give someone who is willing to give up their time a fairly clear defined discription of how they believe a newbie should be greeted. It sure would help not hurting any more feelings in the future.

(((muse)))
stick around!
Old 10-21-2006, 06:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I consider you a friend, Muse. You are a valuable and important part of SR. I will wish you well if you go, but I will miss you horribly.

Please, please, please reconsider.

Old 10-21-2006, 07:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
On a tear

Hey Muze.... For once, I really don't know what is going on... and that might be best.

But I do know that there are a few bridges behind me that are burned... some I burned, some were set fire by the teeming mobs (grin). In this case, I hope that you leave the door unlocked, so that if things change, you will feel comfortable walking back in.

PS...... I still reserve the right to hook up with you next time I am up Pennisula way... Phinny and I might have to do a road trip. (((hugs)))

See your pm, muze.
Old 10-21-2006, 07:17 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
On a tear

Oh heck... is your PM box full again?
Old 10-21-2006, 07:22 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Take some time and don't make any decisions right now. I hope you don't leave this forum. I'm so sorry that you feel you have to leave. Know that we are still here for you.
Kathy
Old 10-21-2006, 07:27 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Midas

I'll muse you 2, miss. Ummm...ahem...I'll miss u 2, muse.

Old 10-21-2006, 09:32 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

((((Muse)))))
We'll still talk as much
But I am saddened at this whole situation and
we'll miss you in Green next to me.
We've put your Pink Dress in a glass case and it's
Hanging on the wall with th your name on it.

Originally Posted by michski
Do greeters have an understanding with the administration as to a job discription? If it's by the book (aa/na) then it's a position that doesn't require much imagination.... Imagination is definitely your strong point. Please don't go away just because of a beaurocratic snit!!
Yes we know what our job is.
And No, A "Greeters" job has Nothing to do with the book of
AA/NA. Not everyone here is a member of AA/NA and greeting
has nothing to do with NA/AA.

Originally Posted by michski

With all due respect I believe the administration should give someone who is willing to give up their time a fairly clear defined discription of how they believe a newbie should be greeted. It sure would help not hurting any more feelings in the future.

(((muse)))
stick around!
Perhaps you should take this up with the mods and the admins in a Private PM.
As to how We "SHOULD" be greeting people, is a personal
choice, we all have our own styles, hence the reason we were each asked to be greeters.
If someone feelings were hurt, I hope they let a mod know, that is never our intention.

((((Muse))))

Old 10-21-2006, 11:29 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

(((((Muse)))))),...I remember the words you said to me in my first post you Greeted me with...,.!

'What are YOU doing to stop the booze.!',...and you know what I wasnt doing Nothing, to change the situation......! but that stuck in my head,..like i say i can remember as it aint that long ago...! Thank YOU for that as it helped change my out look on alchol in my life,...! and I Thank You again for that...xXx

I also would like to say your Going to be missed Here,...and i another one will miss you,........ I dont understand the Situation so cannot comment,...! maybe it will come to the surface, n We all can see injustice, as for me looking in, it sends an even odder message that they treat Greeter's in that way,...???

Thank you for your service,..Here....

But you are seriously, well needed here and loved by so many ,...
Old 10-22-2006, 03:00 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I remember @ this SMART messageboard and chatrooms I once was a volunteer and a whole lot of burocratic crap appeared and ppl who wanted to climb up the ladder and what not so I decided to just leave, they surely didn't like me and my honesty, lol. I was on the verge of leaving that site alltogether but then I realized how much I cared for the ppl in the chatroom and on the boards there so I stuck around and to this day I'm being a well respected member by most (can't please everyone lol) who stays far from the management.

Marte