Notices

Time to move on...

Old 10-22-2006, 09:13 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Support our Troops.

Muse,

I am so sorry to see another great voice and opinion in the SoberRecovery family leave.

As has been said by others before me, "just take what you need/want and leave the rest".

I wish you happiness and nothing less.
Old 10-22-2006, 04:41 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Muze, it is with a very heavy heart that I read of this. I saw something briefly last week that you had posted in response to something that happened and didn't know what it was. A week later I am still clueless. Regardless, it is probably for the best that I don't know.

I respect your decision to go or stay but I want to tell you publicly how much I will miss you if you go. You have been very special to me. I don't know if it is because we are so close in sobriety time or just connected but I have always looked forward to your posts and have appreciated immensely what you've shared in regards to things I've shared. There are times I have felt useless or invisible on here or a thread killer and you have done much to dispel that. I have benefitted from your way with words and talent for expressing yourself. It will be a horrible blow to not see you here. I hope you will at least check PM's and keep them clean because I'd like to establish a connection with you outside of SR if you are no longer going to be here.

I know that our lives take different twists and turns and evolve along the way. I hope that yours will eventually twist back in such a way that you would come back here to continue to share your E,S and H as you have so much to give and have helped and inspired so many.

Big hugs to you my friend and I will PM you to continue contact if you're interested.
Kellye
Old 10-22-2006, 05:52 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Muse.....

i am sad that you are no longer going to be apart of this SR family....you have been an inspiration and always a pleasure to chat with....

Take care of yourself and hope to see you around !!!

Fondly,
Beezy
Old 10-22-2006, 05:54 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

how dissapointing i wish you the best!!!!!

Last edited by splithead; 10-22-2006 at 06:20 PM.
Old 10-22-2006, 06:53 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Is it possible to "muse on" rather than "move on"...?

Well Muse...what can I say...I was shocked to see your post...the thought that we'd never hear from you again saddened me. I guess it's the things, and especially people, that we take for granted that are so important to us...

...and we don't fully appreciate them until they are taken away from us.

Is it possible that on some level you're burned out from so much time and devotion to this message board? Is it possible to forgive management and reduce your role--but not leave us 100%?

Maybe the answer is "no" and that is certainly okay. You've contributed so much of your time--and especially your heart to this community. (What else could anyone ask of you that you have not already done?)

My journey, my life, and my family life is better because of you--and I know thousands more could say the same...

Please consider a "reduced role" (if not for management, then for us and many like us to come). A role that would free up much of your time--but would still allow you to impart your unique "voice" of healing and compassion to who knows how many tens of thousands of members and non members on their struggles/journeys.

You are special--and one of a kind. If you choose to leave 100%, we'll understand. But please don't blame a few of us for begging for at least a 1% role. You are just too special--and you've done so much for so many...we can't help but want you to stay. But if you do leave...don't underestimate how many lives you've changed for the better.

There is no doubt the world is a better place because you were here...

Last edited by Happy Liver; 10-22-2006 at 07:11 PM.
Old 10-22-2006, 09:23 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

****{muse}}}
you have touched my life and i am grateful. sad to see you go and wish you wouldn't but you need to take care of you. thank you for being here for me during the past three months.

hugs,
Old 10-23-2006, 06:13 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
I'm an addict.

Yeah, I know what happened muse...and it was messed up...I thought about leaving myself, but instead I just quit being a greeter and I spent alot of time trying to help the newcommers on the NA forum.

Screw politics. I came to this site b/c I needed help, I got help for a bunch of great people (some of whom have been run away by the politics here, too) so I decided that I needed to stay, at least for a little while longer, to give back what was freely given to me.

THink about it before you go, you have helped alot of people here and it would be a shame if the next person that needed to hear something you have to say doesn't get too b/c of the drama and politics of this place.

**** all the other ****....
Old 10-23-2006, 07:40 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Dom
Inspired

Thank you for all you've done to help me Muse, I'll never forget you.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:06 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I saw reference to this elsewhere. I'm sorry you're going. Keep well, ok?
Old 11-02-2006, 05:01 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Muse, Muse, Muse... (I disappear for a couple weeks and everything falls apart)...

You have to do what you have to do Muse, but I really wish you wouldn't go. I don't know what happened, but I do know you've given a lot to this board. You were one of the reasons I kept coming back when I first found SR, (and SR helped me get to meetings, especially in the beginning).

You've been a wonderful friend to me, and I can't thank you enough for the PM conversations we've had. You've really opened my eyes on a number of things, (you know what they are), and I truly believe that the Spirit works through you.

I love your public posts, and I think you do an excellent job as a greeter. You're very good at bringing people back to reality, (and you come up with the best graphics!). I think you're very good at telling people things they need to hear, instead of just what they want to hear.

You've affected my life in a good way, Muse. Never doubt that. And I'm hardly the only one here. You've done a lot of good work, whether it be just a simple "Me too" post, or a PM giving an utterly honest and forthright response to something, or steering someone's thoughts towards a better direction, or putting out a call for prayers and support for someone that you know needs it. I appreciate all of it and all of the time you've spent sharing yourself with us and with me. Thank you, Muse! My life is better because of you.

If you have to go I understand, but I wish you wouldn't. Perhaps there's an email address that could be used to maintain contact instead?

I'm sorry things have turned sour. If there's anything I can do for you or to help, please don't hesitate to let me know. *hugs* ... This place won't be the same without you. -------<@

-GT-