Notices

I'm New... Hi!

Old 10-20-2006, 11:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
...Je T'aime...

I'm New... Hi!

Hi, uh, I'm Audrey, and I'm new here, I just found this site tonight.
I'm 17, and I wouldn't say I'm an alcoholic, but I KNOW that I would be if I were 21, and able to get alcohol. I binge drink, I'm tired of waking up in my own vommit, I blacked out once recently and, apparently, had a huge nervous breakdown, and threw up all over... Anyway, I've been drinking at home, alone, while my mom's out of town, she has a huge liquor cabinet. I told her to hid the alcohol, so she did, but I found it, and now she's had to lock it up. And she's marked the amount of alcohol in the bottles in the fridge. So I can't drink.

I also have problems with pills, pain killers... And any medicine I can find. So all of that's been hidden too. And now I'm on Zoloft... Anyway, yeah, I just am worried about getting worse, I don't want to be an alcoholic, but I'm so afraid that that's what I'll become... So I'm here to get help before I get worse.
Old 10-21-2006, 12:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

it sounds to me like you may have more of a problem than you think, please tell your mother what you have told us so you can get some help...it is so dangerous to do the things you do (trust me...been there...) and i think if you did not believe this was bad you would not have searched this forum out and posted here...you are reaching out for help and that is a very brave thing...just to admit that you are scared and tired is a huge step...ask your mom or someone you trust for help...you will not regret it...and your life will be much better because of it...good luck...keep posting

ayla
Old 10-21-2006, 12:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

Hi audrey -

welcome!
Old 10-21-2006, 04:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

glad you are here Audrey, you must be a very smart young gal, and good for you seeing the danger coming , stay close Audrey, we are all here for you...Lise
Old 10-21-2006, 04:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Audrey,

Welcome!

It's great that you recognize at such a young age, that you have a problem with addiction. It might be a good idea for you to get some psychological counselling through your school. I hope you keep posting and reading here.
Old 10-21-2006, 07:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Audrey,

I'm so proud of you for reaching out sweetie!
Hope you will keep posting.

You don't have to live like that anymore.
Old 10-21-2006, 08:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Hey Audrey welcome to SR
Old 10-22-2006, 06:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Audrey,
I pretty new to this to....not to addiction, not to relapse, but FINALLY hitting bottom and wanting a new way of life. If it weren't for the people on this board I would've given up days ago. I am 4 days clean today off hydrocodone, it sucks majorly, the hardest thing I've had to do (especially with 2 small kids) but you're young...find the help you need now...its so much easier than wasting the next 10 years of your life on this deadly circle of drug and alcohol abuse. I hated telling my family, and they're not exactly supportive, but this forum is...we are all here for eachother.. I've learned that a lot lately. Welcome, and keep on posting. Peace

Codi