Notices

Where can you get a cup of coffee around here?

Old 10-19-2006, 08:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Where can you get a cup of coffee around here?

Hi! I'm new around here. I joined a few years back but never posted. I am the mother of an adult addict.
I have recently decided I can't stand to do this alone anymore. No one out here in the real world understands. I need to talk to people who have been there from both sides of the fence.
I am 49, married and have one daughter, she is an addict and I love her. She has 3 children and they have paid the price, more than I could ever imagine.
I am not very religious but do beleive in God and if someone told me there wasn't a devil, I'd tell them they were wrong.
My AD has had addicition on and off for about 10 years now. First crack and now crystal meth. I thought it was bad before with the crack and found out it can get worse, when she got bad on the crystal meth.
I am just so tired and wish I could take a vacation from my life. Oh but alas can't do that. Dagnabit, just one day in paradise would be nice. Doesn't work that way. So I just try to stay optimistic and remain...........
HOPEFUL
Old 10-19-2006, 08:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hoepful
Hi! I'm new around here. I joined a few years back but never posted. I am the mother of an adult addict.
I have recently decided I can't stand to do this alone anymore. No one out here in the real world understands. I need to talk to people who have been there from both sides of the fence.
I am 49, married and have one daughter, she is an addict and I love her. She has 3 children and they have paid the price, more than I could ever imagine.
I am not very religious but do beleive in God and if someone told me there wasn't a devil, I'd tell them they were wrong.
My AD has had addicition on and off for about 10 years now. First crack and now crystal meth. I thought it was bad before with the crack and found out it can get worse, when she got bad on the crystal meth.
I am just so tired and wish I could take a vacation from my life. Oh but alas can't do that. Dagnabit, just one day in paradise would be nice. Doesn't work that way. So I just try to stay optimistic and remain...........
HOPEFUL
"Don't call me a hillbilly, I'm an Appalachian American!"
Old 10-19-2006, 08:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

you are not alone here....
Old 10-19-2006, 08:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ayla,
Thanks!
forever....
Hopeful
Old 10-19-2006, 08:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hoepful,

It's hard believe me. From both sides. I'm an addict been sober for quite a while. But it's hell from both sides. You are addicted to them and they are addicted to the substance. She doesn't do it to harm herself or harm you, she has no other way of dealing with her problems. That's why we, addicts, use drugs/alcohol. We have no other way for dealing with our problems, we don't know better. What you have to do now is take care of yourself and learn more about addiction and how you can help her. I'd suggest you to go to Al-Anon meetings, they will help you a great deal.

Also post on the section for Friends and Family, I'll post the link on the bottom, they will be able to help you because they're going through what you're going. They will be able to help you better.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ly-alcoholics/
Old 10-20-2006, 12:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

Hi Hopeful -

welcome.
I agree with the above that al-anon is a great place to start. One program links to another, I find, and we get where we need to be. Al-anon may lead to Nar - Anon, or to AA. Who knows right now?
We're not alone. That's a fabulous start. A true blessing.
Old 10-20-2006, 07:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to SR!
I think they have cookies here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/nar-anon/

Blessings
Old 10-20-2006, 10:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone, it helps to know there are others here going through this too. Although I wish the world didn't have this in it. It does, and it is part of the human experience.
Thanks again you guys!
Forever,
HOepful
Old 10-20-2006, 11:47 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Hi, I'm an addict and a child of an addict. I post over at nar-anon. And yes, we do have cookies, every second wednesday, and every first tuesday of the month, and whenever someone has had too much stress and stays up cooking which is usually at least once a week....

Welcome, and I am glad after 2 years that you decided to join us. Now I feel like a real newbie

Originally Posted by CarolD
Welcome to SR!
I think they have cookies here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/nar-anon/

Blessings
Old 10-20-2006, 05:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hoepful
Thanks everyone, it helps to know there are others here going through this too. Although I wish the world didn't have this in it. It does, and it is part of the human experience.
Thanks again you guys!
Forever,
HOepful
Yeap, you're right, I know how it feels... it feels like hell...

But trust me you get over it, even though it feels like you'll never get out of that hole. When you get over it you will be a stronger person.

Cheers, and Good Luck.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

And I thought that you wanted a cup of coffee so here you are.

Just wanted to welcome you here also
Old 10-20-2006, 07:06 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

MMMmmm good, thats what I'm talking about. Nothing like a good cup of joe!
Thanks,
Always,
Hoepful