Notices

Hi, Its my first day here.

Old 10-19-2006, 06:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi, Its my first day here.

Hi, i don't really know what to say other than i have several problems i am working on. I joined this group today after my counselor suggested to me i go into a rehab facility, which i don't want to do so i need all the help and support i can get to get my act together.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to SR!

It's great to see a new member seeking answers!

Blessings..
Old 10-19-2006, 07:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome!! I hope you find what you are looking for here!
Old 10-19-2006, 07:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

welcome to our wonderful community...you will find lots of support and answers here....
Old 10-19-2006, 08:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Dellarae,

There is an up side and down side to what you are saying. I did not go in patient except for detox.

The down side is you must get away from an easy environment to drink, or you will drink and relapse many times as i did before you are able to really put it down.

If you are better than me, and many people are so I don't discount this, it will be fewer relapses.

The up side is that anyone can go into a great environment and have a hill top experience. Except when you come off the mountain you still have the same issues and same problems, and there is no shortages of problems in life which are all usually a damned good reason to drink.

Of course on top of that, most people who are alcoholics have compounded those problems by checking out of reality for a few black out days, ruining important friendships, and losing their jobs.

In the end it was best to face my problems.

Understand cherries did not rain from the sky because I got my head out of the nether regions. life goes on for other people, and it is amazingly easy for them to forget their hurts, and me in the process.

Many times I have wondered how other people deal with their problems and stress. the truth is, many don't--so there's no reason to beat up on yourself if you are having a hard time with the sobriety thing.

One of things which often is not sufficietly emphasized however is that although life is scary and painful without aviator fuel, it can also be a whole lot better. So concentrate on what you have gained and not what you have lost.

Just one of the things i find helpful.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the support so far. This is pretty much my first day without use of drugs,i guess i should have stated the nature of my addiction ,i am struggling with narcotics. today isn't going so great , but its the first day...please tell me its going to get easier.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

Hi Dellarae -

welcome.

this too shall pass. one day at a time. sometimes, one HOUR/minute at a time - but it DOES pass.

hang in there.
you never have to drink again.
and you're not alone.