Notices

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 2

Old 10-23-2006, 06:35 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Also, has anyone else been on sub, can you give me any information? Thanks

Codi
Old 10-23-2006, 10:16 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I think your Dr can give you the right info on suboxone ???
Good luck and habg in there....it sucks right now I know but it does get better....
Old 10-23-2006, 10:46 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Good Afternoon Mommies.....

Codi..... great to see ya!!! Now yanno, I am NOT a doctor, but I did a lil search at the official site for SUB and here is a summary of what I found....

About SUBOXONE
SUBOXONE is the first opioid medication approved under DATA 2000 for the treatment of opioid dependence in an office-based setting. SUBOXONE also can be dispensed for take-home use, just as any other medicine for other medical conditions.

The primary active ingredient in SUBOXONE is buprenorphine.

Because buprenorphine is a partial opioid agonist, its opioid effects are limited compared with those produced by full opioid agonists, such as oxycodone or heroin. SUBOXONE also contains naloxone, an opioid antagonist.

The naloxone in SUBOXONE is there to discourage people from dissolving the tablet and injecting it. When SUBOXONE is placed under the tongue, as directed, very little naloxone reaches the bloodstream, so what the patient feels are the effects of the buprenorphine. However, if naloxone is injected, it can cause that person to quickly go into withdrawal.

SUBOXONE at the appropriate dose may be used to:
Suppress symptoms of opioid withdrawal
Decrease cravings for opioids
Reduce illicit opioid use
Block the effects of other opioids
Help patients stay in treatment

Hope this helps!

Scoot....WTG go the 90!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!

Ayla.....glad your feeling better, I know that I literally can NOT function without my Zoloft....it makes me feel "normal"
So did any skeery monsters git ya after hubby went to sleep? hehehehe I LOVE scarey movies!!!!!

Alissa....how was the rodeo???? They are a blast arent they??!!

Beezy.....get some rest huney, MIL is now gone, maybe you can relax a lil

NYC......ebay is the devil lmao!!!!! check this out.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyYY9o6Gvyc

Well it is flurrying here, I am going to take the rest of the day and relax, Im a bit down today.....I hate not being outside, it is so depressing!!!!!
Have a great day!!!!
Love Liss
Old 10-23-2006, 10:51 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

hi ladies...slept with my light on last night....because i'm goofy...that stupid movie...i kept thinking...IT'S A MOVIE STUPID...
tired today...still no energy and i barely get the basic things done i need to do...i need to go to bed before 4am...but when i try to sleep before i'm ready to pass out i'm up till 5am...then i take a nap...then i'm up all night...
gonna try to stay awake and not nap but...yawn...i'm sooooo sleeeeppppyyy.....my house is still trashed from being sick...and of course my slob of a hubby was home all weekend...he is worse than the kids...but i don't have the energy to get to work...yawn...maybe a gallon or so of coffee...i think i'm worn down from all my body has been through in the last month...i'm so lucky my hubby is very understanding and does not care at all if he comes home to a mess...or if i nap half the day away...he was in rehab at 20 for coke...19 years sober...but he does not forget how hard it was...plus he knows how lucky he is to have a wonderful, hot sexy wife like me...hehe...it is snowing here...SNOWING IN OCTOBER...we are in for one heck of a winter...and trick or treat should be fun...brrrrr.....sophie saw the snow and said..."mommy...look it's snowing....it's MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!" so cute....
and aidan is whiny as usual....i don't know when he turned into the whine monster but he is whining a lot lately...it makes me NUTS!!!!

oh, well....thanks for the pm's....codi(personal messages...not pms....hehe) i will pm you soon when i can keep my eyes open...good luck with your hubby away...and do your research on the sub...i don't know anything...but i know that doctors are not always right and it pays to know what you are talking about...just google suboxone and maybe you'll learn something...

hi to all my girls and i'll catch ya later

lollipop...yes there were monsters everywhere...little asian ones with big eyes...ooooooo......i really was a big scaredy cat...but i'm not ashamed...hehehe

love
ayla
Old 10-23-2006, 10:52 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hey gang!

Happy Monday to all!

About my mom moving in...Ayla, you don't make me feel badly! You remind me of what's important. I have been taking care of my parents for a few years now, but they were still able to live in their own home fairly well. Since Dad passed away last July (and then my brother in September), well it has just been altogether too much for my poor Mom. We have a wonderful relationship, but I know you all understand how taking care of someone 10 minutes away vs taking care of someone in your own home are two different things. She is the type to inject her 2 cents everywhere and while I do appreciate her wisdom, sometimes she does drive me bananas. And with a young teen around -- well, I'm just hoping it's a fabulous experience to have three generations of women all under the same roof...(she writes, optimistically!)

C'est -- your description of your 13 bringing up her project just as you're leaving sounds SO VERY MUCH like mine! I'm glad you can still see your little girl in there. I love those glimpses in between the days when I wonder who has abducted my daughter and left me this alien in her place. How did the dinner out with friends go, C'est? How did the pumpkin turn out?

((((Alissa)))) Sorry to hear about your dental woes. I have to go tomorrow for a cleaning and that's enough to make shivers run down my spine. Can't imagine going through what you've gone through!!! Glad to hear the dentist was so nice about everything! How was the rodeo?

Jane - I can totally relate on the dental bills. Steep is an understatement. Shoot. In terms of credit card bills, I always feel like it's one step forward, two steps back.

Hi Codi & welcome!!! I'm going to echo what others have said in that this is precious early withdrawal time and time for you to focus on YOU. You already know it's baby steps - one step at a time. Remember when our little ones took those first few shaky steps? They had to focus SO hard. That's where you are. And we're all here with arms outstretched, ready to give you a steadying hand and to coax you forward. ((((Big Hugs))))) Good luck at your doc appointment and let us know how it goes. I don't know anything about "sub" -- what is that anyway?

Hey, Liss! Congrats on the new job for your hubby! Uh-oh -- a new grandma at Christmas! Watch Out Toy Stores!!! I have NO idea yet what to get mine. Of course, the things they want all cost a fortune...

Beezy, hope got some rest and your mood has lifted. I started reading this book called "Feeling Good - The New Mood Therapy" by Burns last night. Early on there's a depression test. I scored 56, which slotted me in the "severely depressed" category. Geez. I knew I was having moods but "severely" depressed? Maybe that explains so many things. The book discusses cognitive therapy, but I'm not far enough in to tell you more about it. Seems it can be helpful not only for depression, but also for one's approach to food (overeating) and other addicitons. Hope there's something in there to help me stay focused as I try to rebalance my life without booze.

NYCGirl - I can related to Ebay addiction!!! Stay away from Craig's List, or you'll never get off the computer!!

Scootin -- CONGRATULATIONS ON 90 DAYS!!!!!!!! Awesome!!!!!! You must be SO proud of yourself. I can certainly say we are so proud of you. Rock On Girl!!!

Hugs to all,
Candy Scratch
Old 10-23-2006, 11:06 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Good afternoon, everyone!

Codi, I am glad you are here with us, and happy to see you post so much. You are doing the BEST thing, dealing with this.....

Well, it's that time of year, when the field mice plot to take over our house. Yesterday I about died-- I was out in our garage, turned my head, and
YIKES!!!
There, staring me straight in the eye was a MOUSE! I let out this stupid-sounding scream, which brought the whole family running (and sent the beagle running away as fast as he could go). That little stinker of a mouse was not ONE BIT afraid of me, even after I shrieked. He just sat there on the shelf, daring me to do something. "Make my day, Lady," I'm sure he snarled in his mouse language. (Why in the world do I freak out at a mouse in the garage, yet I'm totally content to hold cute little hamsters, gerbils, and even PET mice my kids have had??? They're all rodents!)
Well, my sons about laughed their little butts off.....glad I could be a source of entertainment. I wish we could have a cat or two...

Welp, I'm off to the store. I need to find stuff to make a mouse scarecrow that looks like a big, scary cat. (j/k) I hope you all have good Mondays!

Love,
Jane
Old 10-23-2006, 11:18 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

LOL Jane!! Thanks for the mouse chuckle!! I'm not sure cats would help. My cat left a deceased rodent on the deck, right outside my sliding patio doors. I say rodent cuz I don't know if it was a huge mouse or a small rat. YUCKKKKKKKKKKK! Scared the crap out of me and it wasn't even alive. I hope you can scare your garage mouse away!!

CS
Old 10-23-2006, 04:02 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I have a field mouse in my house and same thing EW ...... they gross me out...my cat was after him the other day and almost had him....hope he teaches the new kitten well..... I need to get that picture on here of her....the kitten not the mouse....

I see the ortho about my knee tomorrow and I am on my period and just plain miserable !!!! Calgon or hot ranch dude ....take me away....

I hope you are all doing good...I have not read too much ...i just want to sleep.

Hubby and I have been fighting and I am not on the mood for that either.....

this too shall pass....

Love to my ladies

~Beezy
Old 10-23-2006, 06:30 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

codi...how did your day go, dear....i hope you're still sober and sane...

just did about 27 loads of laundry....god i hate laundry...but i put my kids to work and made them put it away...i hate to see what their drawers look like but it's time the little monsters earned their keep around here....isn't it about time they get jobs and contribute? darn child labor laws...i could be sittin pretty...hehe....chase asked what i was going to pay him for working and i said "how about room and board?"....i went all out for dinner and made canned ravioli...mmm....slimy tomato goop with unknown meat-like substance inside...tastes better than my roasts(jerky)...or my burgers(jerky) or my chicken(i like to call it "blackened cajun chicken jerky")mmmm.....of course my poor kids love anything out of a can...at least they are able to chew it...and if it's in a box i can't go wrong...unless i burn it...you don't want to know what burnt tuna helper smells like...i need my mama...she could turn a can of soup and some hamburger into a delicious gourmet meal...really...she refused to teach me to cook because she didn't want me to be a housewife...oops...my brothers are amazing cooks...and here i am with thanksgiving coming up and of course i'll be hosting my entire family because i'm sort of the person that keeps us all together...you know? but i feel sorry for them when they taste my turkey jerky...hehe...

i hope y'all have had a wonderful...mouse free day...and beezy...i really hope that knee feels better soon....at least you survived you mil....i'm terrified of mine...she is tiny, crazy....dresses like a stripper(clear heals...no joke....and she's 63!!!!)...has purple spiked hair, a giant boob job...with her wrinkly cleavage proudly propped up and on display...leather overly tanned skin...and is unbelievably scary and obnoxious...and of course my hubby is a mama's boy...she calls him 12 times a day.....thank the good lord i live two states away from her...she likes to say things to me like.."it's ok...mike loves fat women..." and "how is that diet going....you have such a pretty face...i know you're trying to lose weight, right?"...or "you know how many calories are in that bread?....carbs will go straight to that butt...you know..." i swear she was sent from hell to torture me for my sins...
Old 10-23-2006, 11:22 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

ayla, you really do keep us rolling in laughter! Thanks for the smile.

Jane, we had big mice problems in our house (not this one) too. We lived there almost 7 years mice free and then poof! we're invaded. We went to war with traps and chasing them down with garbage cans and shovels. One time I even flipped the couch in a rampage and was moving and throwing everything in my path (well, really the mouse's path). We caught 19 mice in a couple months and didn't see another one for a long time. Then as soon as we put our house on the market they came back for Round 2. I was just waiting for a mouse to come running by while some unsuspecting couple was meandering through our house.

I need to figure out a better way to start my day. Each day I wake up to some problem that the kids are having, then I come back from the bus moping and craving some pain relief. You know how they say you have to change the "people, places, and things" associated with drinking? Well, how about getting rid of my kids and house? A new furnished apartment with a cleaning lady perhaps?

Hope y'all have a great day.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:53 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Morning ladies!
Ayla, I agree with C'est. You are hilarious!! Thanks for the daily chuckles -- your description of your MIL is SO vivid, I can see her now, sitting right here beside me.

C'est - isn't it funny how the mood set when the kids leave the house in the morning stays with you for hours afterwards? I have made a pointed decision to make sure they leave here smiling and not miserable, which is a feat in itself. My middle daughter, S, is always chipper in the mornings, but she's paranoid about being late, so she constantly hustles little A to hurry up. A is a snail most mornings. She hates waking up, hates washing up and most of all, hates brushing her hair. She gets distracted by toys as she's getting ready and S is always standing by, ready to pounce. K, 13, is always very moody. Today she yelled at me to close her door because I was too loud waking up the other two -- and I thought I was being gentle, waking them in a sing-song ! I refused to give in to K's crankiness (of course, because she stayed up too late last night - surprise, surprise). Anyhow, I tried to turn it around by asking K something about one of her friends, which immediately perked her up. S and A ate breakfast and I reminded them that today was "early release day", which perked them up as well. It feels SO much better when they leave with a smile than with everyone steaming mad. I just wish I could keep that momentum going. I wish the same for you. And WHY can't they get us to sign everything they need signed THE NIGHT BEFORE instead of as they're scrambling out the door???

I'm off to the dreaded dentist this morning for a cleaning & check-up.

Codi, how are you doing today? Do you feel any better?

Hugs to all,
CS
Old 10-24-2006, 07:26 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I wonder if I'm going to turn into one of those AA thumpers. My list of irritations kept getting longer all morning and then I dragged my tail through the rain and traffic to a meeting at noon. My old self would have curled up at home and grumped the whole day and maybe even decided that this drinking thing was getting exaggerated and that one glass of vodka and cranberry juice would be OK. I'm so glad I went to talk to other people who feel the same each morning and learned how they get out of their funk. I felt great afterwards. It really is addicting ;-)
Old 10-24-2006, 07:39 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Mornin All!!!!

Not a whole lot to report this mornin, the boys and I are still catching up on a few things from the week or so that I was up North. So we have a heavy school load today. Then it is off to the store and figure out dinner before hubby has to leave at 3:30 for work. I have a feeling today is going to be a LONG day!!! Dad is already at the table drinking his beer, (its 10:30am) Mom is really cranky this mornin and if I do NOT give the dog a bath at some point, I am sure to gag. He just smells.....well.....like a DOG! YUCK!!!!! I am looking sooo forward to bathing the 135 pound baby in the bathtub but oh well, at least he gets in and out on his own LOL. I believe I will try to get my bedroom clean this evening while hubby is at work, then it will be an early nite for me, I feel either major allergies or a cold comin on.....NOT GOOD!
Have a wonderful day all!!!!
Love Liss
Old 10-24-2006, 08:03 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

the sad thing is that it's all true...mil is scary, tiny, purple haired stripper that hates my large booty...

aidan's ride didn't show up so now i have a whiny 4 year old and a whiny 2 year old climbing on me....there should be a law against whining...help!!!! i need a whine intervention!!!!! they are also beating on each other...that's always fun to watch...sophie always wins because she is a little bada**...when she was 8 months old aidan p***ed her off and she stuck her finger so far up his nose he had a nosebleed...i knew then that i (and especially aidan) was in trouble... oh but now they are doing the robot and cracking up...one minute you want to sell them to the gypsies and the next you want to squeeze them...i made this song playlist...dora songs...and abc, wheels on the bus...and their all time favorite...cyndi lauper singing she-bop...that's always good for 30 seconds of peace....over now...aidan's screaming...aaaarrrrrgggggg....you ladies who have all of your kids in school do not know how lucky you are...try to remember not showering 'till 3pm and stinky diapers...pee-pellets...screams...and more screams...having everything locked down...and still your perfume dumped in the toilet...or your bed...or your husbands freshly ironed work clothes...gum in the hair...and 2 year olds self hair cuts...fights over the blue playdoh...and the pink playdoh...and toys everywhere...especially those darn little leggos that you always step on barefoot while running after a toddler with glue in their hair...usually super glue...or gum....or silly putty....and don't forget poop down the legs...or up the back into the hair...

wait...i just had a beautiful vision...all of my kids in school at once...a clean house for more than 5 minutes...soap operas and bon bons....ahhhhh.....
Old 10-24-2006, 08:06 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

my house is so crazy that c'est and liss posted while i was typing that little bit...took me 12 hours...hi ladies...i hope everyone has a better day than it has started out to be,,,c'est...good for you taking yourself to a meeting when you need it...nothing wrong with that...

oh god i'm like 13 hours from being 30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-24-2006, 08:57 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

AYLA!!! Your post last night about made me wet my pants laughing! (Who needs kids in diapers....)

Now 30 is no big deal. I'll pass on the marvelous advice my grandma gave me when I turned 30: "Your kids will keep you young, dear."

(HAHAHAHAHAHAHA)

Here's something for all of us to share--a giant chocolate fountain:

LISS--get some "Cold Eeze" right away! A friend recommended it to me last week. I felt a cold coming on (after that last disease from he**) and tried it--woke up the next morning feeling GREAT.

C'est, whether or not you become an "AA thumper", you know we all love you to pieces! I'm so glad that meeting turned your day around. And I like hearing your insights.

Oh, Candy, the dentist......I hope it goes well. You deserve a MAJOR treat afterward!

Beezy, let us know how the knee appointment goes. Hang in there!

WILDLIFE UPDATE: We had the snarling mouse yesterday, so today it's the pooping raccoon. For several weeks now, this GIANT raccoon (I swear it's the size of a golden retriever) has been visiting our front flower garden nearly every night, using it for his own personal toilet (as if I don't have enough work picking up dog poop from the backyard). Same spot every time. Girls, it is NOT a pretty sight--this raccoon is a very, ummmm, prolific pooper. I've tried everything--sprinking garlic and cayenne pepper in his chosen spot, having the dogs sniff around and mark there, etc. This morning I sprinkled this stuff called "Ro-Pel" all over the place, but if that doesn't work I might just give up and build him his own little outhouse there.

Oh, H set some mousetraps in the garage and they attracted Mr. Mouse alright--he licked off all the peanut butter without triggering the traps. Little snot.

Off to fold laundry.......party, party, party!

Love,
Jane
Old 10-24-2006, 09:46 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

jane...when we retire on our ranch we will have many hands to fold laundry....

where are the rest of my girls?????

that little raccoon outhouse sounds like a good idea...maybe we can market and sell them on ebay....ny can help us...and you just know some moron will say "now why didn't i think of that?" hehe....

once when i was a young, beautiful single mother...one hot summer night...i was sitting alone in my apartment...chase was asleep...and i was sitting there with the back door open...now that i think about it that was crazy...in the neighborhood i lived in....anyway...i looked up to see a very large raccoon in my kitchen...so i ran toward the kitchen and for some reason (probably because i'm nuts...) i hissed at it like a cat...well it worked...scared it away...and the three other raccoons that were already in my kitchen...aaahhhh!!!!those crazy things can be dangerous when you corner them...good thing i can, too...none of them pooped, though...but they nested in my attic in the winter...i'm sure they pooped up there....but my slumlord would not get rid of them...

i'm always so happy when i make you guys laugh...it makes my day to know i made you smile....(that's my sappy comment for the day...)

love & hugs...

ayla...
Old 10-24-2006, 09:57 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

jane, your rodent pics are sooo cute. Too bad they're being a pain in your arse. Our little mice ate the peanut butter too and didn't get snapped. Who designed these traps anyway? Mice lovers?

Happy Birthday Ayla!!!!! (in 11 hours).
Old 10-24-2006, 10:53 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

thanks c'est...by the way candy...you never want my mil to be sitting next to you...do you know how hard it is to explain why your 63 year old mil is wearing clear heals and a miniskirt?...and to be jealous of a 63 year old's body...(minus the wrinkly boobs)...not that there's anything wrong with looking like a stripper...if you are 22...and "putting yourself through college"hehe...they make good money...what would your stripper name be? mine would be bootylicious...or big booty mama...
Old 10-24-2006, 11:40 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Heeyyy Mommas!

Ok, lets see... The rodeo was sooo much fun! As crazy as this is going to sound... I kinda feel sorry for some of those inmates! They have a craft section where they sell all of the stuff that they make (Some of that stuff is absolutely beautiful) Well, while we were looking at some paintings, we started talking to one of the inmates that painted them. He was telling us that he never painted until he went to prison. He then looked at us, and said "You know what is sad? Alot of us that are in here, are in here for something that we really didn't do." My friend was like yeah, right! He did it! But yall, I really believe that alot of them are there, that shouldn't be there! I know I sound so crazy... but it was just sad to see.

The last thing that they do is called "Guts and Glory" OMG... It was so scary... They take the meanest bull they have and tape a red chip right in between his eyes... and all of the inmates get in the arena and try to get the chip. Whoever gets it, gets $500 deposited into their account. Yall should have seen those boys trying to get that chip. It gave me an adreniline rush just watching them!!

My mouth is still hurting... but tylenol and advil together works wonders!

OMG, ayla, you are too funny! I have to meet your mil!

Jane, I love that chocolate fountain! I might get one at my house! lol

Hey beezy! I have lil field mice in my office... One morning I came in, and I had a CC's coffee cup on my desk from the night before... well I sat down, and the cup started jumping! I looked in it and there was this lil mouse looking up at me like "Please help me" So, I let him out of the cup... well he was covered in coffee... he was very sticky, he could not run fast! About that time my office door opened and in walked one of my residents. I could have died. I didn't know what to do. Surely they would have thought that I was crazy, trying to save a mouse. So, I just sat there thinking, ok what am I going to do? Well, I finally broke down and asked them to help me find the mouse. Well we found it. I put him in an old plastic pitcher, and put some water in, so he could get all of that sticky stuff off. Then I gave him some cheese and crackers and sent him on his way! I know, I know... Yall really think that I am crazy now!

Scootin, I'm so proud of you for conquering your fear! Doesn't if feel awesome? You go girl!

Liss, I have the same feeling about it being a loooong day! But guess what? We can get through it together! Yay!

C'est, my new sponsor is an AA thumper! I wonder if that means I am going to become one also. We have a Big Book study at her house every Wednesday! She takes it very seriously. It is really good though. We go out and eat after!

Hey Candy! I hope everything goes well for you at the dentist! You sure do deserve a BIG treat whenever you are done!

Hey codi!!! How are you doing, my friend? I'm so glad to see you posting! Keep it up!!

Lots and, lots and, lots and, lots of looove to all of my cowgirls!
Alissa