Notices

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 2

Old 10-21-2006, 10:27 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Afternoon all....

Alissa......5 teeth!!!!! OH MY!!! OUCHIES!!!! I hope your feeling better!!!!!!

Candy....glad ya checked in!! I can relate on the Mom thing, but patience is something that I have learned comes from deep within. As I watch her parkonsis progress, I thank my lucky stars every day that I do have the opportunity to spend so much time with her. It does get overwhelming some days and I tend to complain but at the end of the day when her and Dad are settling down for bed, she gives me hugs and thanks me for being "me" and somehow any conflicts from the day are all washed away. Bounderies are important though, I found out the hard way that to not have any will drive you insane!!!

The grease babies rock!!!

Ryan is just fine, he is at the skatepark today so I guess he will survive LOL as for me, it is beautiful here today and I am going to go enjoy the sunshine some more!!!!! Catch yas all later, hagd
Love Liss
Old 10-21-2006, 11:12 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Guess I was caught lurking in the act? Huh? I'm hanging on. I'm really working hard at trying to find some kind of IOP group and looking into sub, or something. I feel like I can make it 2 days and then the help from my husband stops and dinner needs to be made, the kids don't understand why I'm sick, they need attention and homework needs to be done. I won't stop trying, but I think I need some outside help. How do ya'll detox at home with kids. I feel like I'm in a sinking ship. Please pray for me, I may not post a lot but I spend all day (and most of the night) reading your encouraging words. You don't know it but you all are the main reason I haven't given up yet. I'll try to post more often...I just don't want to whine all the time. Thanks gals.
Codi
Old 10-21-2006, 11:57 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

codi...whine all you want to babe...that's what we are here for....this is the hardest thing in the world you are attempting to do and we are always here to listen...i'm so glad you finally posted...we can use all of the friends we can get and everyone here is in the same situation as you...you can do this if we can...and it is a great idea to get outside help if you need it...the first days for me were hell and my friends on this thread were wonderful and kept me sane...i saw you on here the other day and i had to say something...you need us and i want to be here for you and help in any way i can...i have already prayed for you and your family and i will add you to my prayers every day...welcome welcome welcome to the (in)sane mommies...i am so glad you are here!!!!!!!!!!

alissa...dear....i'm so sorry you have been through so much..5 teeth...my god...i hope you are feeling better now and that you come through this ok...when the sh** hits the fan it really stinks...huh? give that baby big kisses for me...

sophie just climbed into my lap...so hi to everyone and i'll see ya later...give a big mommy welcome to our new friend codi!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-21-2006, 12:31 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hello Codi! I am so glad you finally posted. Hang in there, sweetie--it WILL get better sometime, and you CAN do it. If you mess up, we'll be here to pick you up, because we know what it's like to try and do this while being a mom.

OMG, Alissa, I am SO sorry you've had to go through all that with your teeth. I hope you're starting to feel better now. And I'm glad you found that nice dentist. WHEW.

I have to say, nothing freaks me out more than going to the dentist--I have an absolute phobia about it, so I avoid going (for myself) as much as possible. However, I had to take all three of my kids in yesterday for their dental check-ups and about fainted when the front desk person told me what it cost. (MORE THAN $500. For a CHECK-UP. ACK! So much for making headway on the old credit card bills......) Well, only one kid had a cavity--a small one at that--so that's good. I wonder what that's gonna cost....

C'est, I like your mom-daughter moment--the tuck-in time. You're a good mom!

I'm at a library computer now, so I'd better go. So good to see you, Candy --and everyone!

Much love,
Jane
Old 10-21-2006, 03:14 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's great to see you Moms supporting each other through all of the stuff that goes with raising kids.

I wish SR had been around when I my kids were young!
Old 10-21-2006, 04:53 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Well, my daughter went to spend a couple of days with her grandparents! I miss her already, with her cute lil smile! She is so cute! When her dad hugs or kisses me... she slaps his hand and says "My Mommy!" and when I kiss or hug her dad she does the same thing to me! Oh, and our new dog is her "Daddy's" dog. If I play with him, she says "No Mommy, Daddy's dog!" Gosh I love her!

My mouth is very sore, and still swolen. Not as swolen as it was, though! I really need to check into that dental plan, so I can get the rest of my work done!

A cruise sounds so nice... I've never been on a cruise! It would be so nice to go on one with yall! Who knows... Maybe one day, when one of us wins the lottery!

Hi Codi! and WELCOME!! I'm sooo glad you posted! We have so much fun here! And Girl... You can wine as much as you want to! We are here for each other... During happy, sad, mad, and even whiny times! We support each other through whatever it is that they are going through, and we will do the same thing for you, if you let us! So keep posting... It will make you fell better! I promise!

I know what you mean about the dental bills Jane! They are OUTRAGEOUS!!

Lots of love to my family!
Alissa
Old 10-22-2006, 02:12 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

hi girls, quick check in on this pretty sunday morning.

Alissa, so sorry to hear about your teeth.. What an absolute bummer!!

Hey codi, glad you finally popped in. Whine away! We all have been there and we know how much it sucks.

We're going to carve a pumpkin today and then go to another family's house for dinner. I hope it all goes well with not having wine for dinner.
Old 10-22-2006, 06:09 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Just poppin in real quick to say good morning, and I hope yall have a great day!

I am going to a rodeo... At a prison! It is at the angola state penitentiary in angola louisiana. Yall should look it up. This is my first time going, and I heard that it is soooo much fun!!

I'll let yall know how it was whenever I get home!

Hugs,
Alissa
Old 10-22-2006, 07:41 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Good Sunday Mornin All....

How is everyone this day? It is freezing here!! I am hoping it will warm up later. If not, I am afraid the rain we have coming will be flurries instead....that would totally suck because hubby is helping SIL change the oil in his truck and then we are rerunning some electric outside.....BRRRRRRRR!!!!! LOL

We are having the kids and a friend of mine over this afternoon, doing garlic chicken for dinner and then I am going home with Sis so that we can make the drive to the far away dentist in the morning.....we have to be on the road by 6 am. But at least I get all that time with the baby hehehe.

Hubby got a job yesterday!!! YAY!!! He starts Tuesday.I dont know who is more excited, him or me LOL. I am so bad, I am already eyeing the adds in the paper to figure out where to do Christmas lay-aways!! Im going to try to get the baby that interactive plug and play of Dora The Explorer, its for 9 months and up but it looks sooo cute and she will be 9 months before we know it, I cant believe she is already 6 weeks old!!! Anyway, it will be cool cuz sis and I can both play it with her!

So what are you all getting your kids for the holidays??? I have the baby, 13 and 14 yr old boys, and then Sis and Clayton........Any ideas?????? LOL

Check in later, have a wonderful day!!!!
Love Liss
Old 10-22-2006, 04:43 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

liss..that's so great about your hubbie...and i bet that baby is beautiful...i finally saw my nephew...omg he looks just like my brother...and he's so chubby(he's 10lbs...at 1week!!!) he is a doll and i did not get enough time...my arms are aching to hold him again....i've been afraid to see him because i was so sick....so glad i'm finally feeling better...it will not be long until his mommy goes back to work and i am the babysitter...

i just lost a ton of stuff that i was editing into this post...aaarrrggg....but i wanted to say hi to the rest of my buds...
Old 10-22-2006, 05:25 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hey Ladies...been a long weekend....My MIL left today and hubby came home early....I am exhausted !!!!! I am also crabby but with some rest I will be better.....

sorry about all the dental stuff....I tooo have a phobia to the dentist....

I am gonna go...I will be in a better mood tomorrow !!!!

Love ya all

~Beezy
Old 10-22-2006, 06:16 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Uugghhh!!! I don't know how much longer I can take this. I thought day 3-4 were supposed to be the hump days, but I feel worse than on day 2-3. Shaky, can't catch my breath, heart feels like its going to jump out of my chest, and the sneezing and runny nose is driving me nuts. I can barely get out of bed still, and I know my family needs me. My husband told my today my four days are over and tomorrow we go back to mommy in charge. I have no idea in hell how I'm going to do it. How does one run a household while going c/t? the hours are just dragging by so slow. My son had a costume party to go to last night, I couldn't even get myself out of the bath tub by myself. Needless to say we didn't go.

I feel like the worst parent on the face of the earth. I feel like I'm just existing as a shell of my former self, not me. I am loosing weight like crazy, because I can't eat, just trying to keep liquids down is hard. all this and the regular mommy stuff. You guys seem like superwomen to me, how did you do it? What's wrong with me that I function. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks for listening. you guys are all I have right now. Have a good night, hopefully I can get a little sleep. Peace andn love.

Codi
Old 10-22-2006, 06:57 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

we went through the same thing you are...we are definitely not superwomen...just lucky to have each other and past the point that you are at right now...the household stuff was so hard for me...i am still digging out of the mess it became while i was sick...it took me at least a week before i started to feel even close to human and i could function somewhat normally...benadryl and nasal decongestant helped me for some reason...and lots of advil and hot baths...someone on here told me to take one minute at a time if i had to...you can do this and you are getting over the hard part now...it only gets better now...trust me...i hope your husband understands how hard this is...if not maybe you should give him some info and highlight the important parts...that's what i do when i want hubby's attention...i highlight what it's important for him to read...i know he'll at least read that much...do you have any sort of support or medical help? there is no shame in it...and if you need to go to meetings or something i would try that too...thank you so much for posting here and letting us help you...no one should ever go through this alone and you don't have to...also..epsom salts in a hot tub work wonders for cramping....and your withdrawal should not last longer than a week...at least the physical part...

YOU ARE NOT A BAD PARENT...you are doing a wonderful, difficult thing for your family and not many people are brave enough to even try...look at those children and think...i would do ANYTHING for them...you would jump in front of a train to save them...you are saving them now and someday they will thank you....

also...i began an antidepressant not long before i quit...and it has helped my mindset so much....

hang in there, sweetie....we are here and we are not going anywhere...post when you need us and we will always understand...i hope tomorrow is better for you....
Old 10-22-2006, 07:38 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Ayla, I sent you a PM just FYI. I hope you all know--all of you Smyle, C'est la vie, lollipop, Allisa, Janeeyre, are all inspirations to me. I will get through this some how. (Anyone want to adopt a 4 yr old monster for a week or so) thought not. Deep breath, tomorrow is one day closer. Thanks everyone. Nighty Night.
Codi
Old 10-22-2006, 08:36 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hi, everyone just checking in, I have to confess I have a new additction.......
...... E-BAY.

I started by looking for leotards for my daughters those darn things are so expensive. ...and now if it not nailed down I'm selling it... oh and I am bidding on a hot water heater tomorrow, my kids think I have totally lost it.

Anyway just finished this weeks work on my school law class, going tom go to bed and read curriculum history, now don't all be jealous I know it sounds like exciting stuff lol.

Welcome Cody, sorry about the teeth Alissa, and Candy I can definitely relate to the life stuff... 4 football games two gymnastics practices a birthday party, a sleep over and the hubby ran the boat aground on his way to get it pulled out of the water (deep breath).

Off to work tomorrow and my house still looks like I've just been ransacked and robbed.

Good night all.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:55 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

**{codi}} as they say, first things first. right now don't worry about being a bad mom. you would be a worse mom if you were out of it or no longer here, right?

please cut yourself some slack--right now you do need to focus on you. you will have lots of time to will make things right as you continue recovery. the first week or two you should focus the majority of your energy on just getting through the day without using. it seems inconceivable to a mom with husband and young kids (in case you don't know, i have hubbie and three kids ages 6 and under so i'm right there with ya!) and you may guilt yourself, but keep in mind that you are worth it. saving your life and becoming your true self is the most important thing you can do. for yourself. for your family. take it moment by moment. it will get better. you will have time to make things right. hold yourself close and take care of you. i--and i'm sure my fellow ranchettes do too--hold you close in thought and prayer. we are all doing such important work here and not everyone understands (and we probably don't even understand ourselves just how hard and important this stuff is!). take good care. get better. you can do it!

my first few days were the worst physically. plus emotionally i was a mess and hating myself. but i did the best i could--even if that meant whatever it took to get me through the day) even if every waking moment is spent on-line or in books about recovery. even if that means the kids watch a video and you all eat peanut butter and jelly for awhile. that won't hurt anyone in the long run--whereas the alternative does and will...

you are doing great. and let me tell ya, i didn't do this while recovering from a major accident and in pain like you are. that qualifies you as a super-superwoman!!!

okay--now my update for the mommie masses:

today is my 90 days (!) and i spent the past 24 hours irritable and anxious. went to a meeting that i've never attended before--and it was way out of my comfort zone--men and women, open, too close to my home...anyhow, i dressed up. spent 5 minutes in my car before summoning up the courage to walk in. walked in and headed straight to ladies room to hide for another 5 minutes. might as well have worn a sign that said newbie. but then i saw a woman from the women's meeting i attend, then another, then another. let me tell ya, focusing on those faces as i walked into the room is what pulled me in. those faces were like stepping stones. and then, there was my sponsor greeting me with a hug. much better. but then as the meeting went on, they asked who had 1 month, 2 month, 3 month sobriety etc. and i raised my hand for 3 and then--ohmigod--they expected me to walk over and get the chip. yikes. horrors. but i did. and it was okay. took me about 30 minutes to calm down. i was so nervous.

but--whoa--what a relief i had after the meeting. i had met a goal. and conquored my fear. i was doing it! i am doing it!

hugs to all of my sr friends. you all are such important part of my recovery. i could not be doing this without you guys! even when i don't have time to post, i check in here at the ranch and at the don't quit thread daily. you are all in my thoughts and i'm so glad you are here!

Old 10-22-2006, 09:01 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

NYCgirl! hey, didn't know you had boat. we do too. we got all set to run it over to the marina where we are drydocking it for winter and the starboard engine wouldn't work. must not have been a good boating weekend all around ;-)
Old 10-22-2006, 09:40 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

omg...i just watched the GRUDGE with my hubbie..such a bad idea...now i'm going to be scared of the dark for a while...all of the lights in the house on and hubbie snoring away...me alone jumping at every little noise...i feel like i'm 8 years old...i'm so stupid about scary movies...i love to watch them but i spend the whole time hiding my silly self behind a big pillow...or peeking between my fingers...my goodness am i a silly silly girl....so now i'm listening to soft music and hoping i calm down enough to go to sleep before dawn...duh...oh lord...

scoot!!!!! 90 days!!!!!!! i am so proud of you...you have done so great and it makes me so happy to see my sistas accomplish amazing things....you are an inspiration....love ya, girl....

nyc...sell sell sell....is there an ebay anonymous? maybe you should take yourself to a meeting!hehe....

by the way....back on my zoloft and i think it may be helping already....i certainly feel more cheerful...
Old 10-22-2006, 11:24 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Woohoo Scooot!!!
Old 10-23-2006, 06:31 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

For some dumn reason my posts keep disappearing. Ayla, I got your PM, maybe I just computer illiterate. I have an appt. with a sub doc in the morning...I just hope I'm doing the right thing. I see how well it's worked with others, and I am not going to be able to do this by myself. I also signed up for IOP, which I hope will help. Now for getting transportation there and sitters...wish you guys lived nearby. Day 4, still withdrawls, but not as bad, slept 3 hours last night. Have a great monday. I'll let you know how it all turns out.
Codi