Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Hands Across Time Zones: Part 4 - The sun is always rising somewhere in the world.

Notices

Hands Across Time Zones: Part 4 - The sun is always rising somewhere in the world.

Old 12-05-2006, 06:51 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

In addition... my family is having two Christmas's this year because my sister is flying in with her family on Boxing Day. Her family are vegetarian. So we made a collective decision to be carnivores on Christmas day so switching to salads won't be that bad. We are also going to a matinee Christmas day. Two of my sisters are here for the first time in two years after being overseas so it's going to be extra fun and special.

I have learned through age how much my family rocks.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:56 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Erin, you sound really good!

"Grateful for the boredom." I like that.

Enjoy your cozy home and the upcoming holidays!
--Jane
Old 12-07-2006, 06:29 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Good Morning everyone.........I have Mint tea with a hint of Chamamile.......and some moca mint creamer in it.....sooooo good and getting me in the season.................

Erin.....good to see you back on line......you sound good.....glad the snow is gone and things are back to normal....

jane.......good to see you around ........is your christmas coming around for your house.?

To everyone else.....there is still hope for all those that don't decorate for christmas...........It isn't too late to get those lights up.............We can still have loads of fun anyway no matter how we celebrate the Holidays.....................I am helping Santa's Elf in my house this year.....sooooo much fun.........Just have to hide everything that comes in early..........What a Christmas surprise it will be...........................

Little Penguin
Old 12-07-2006, 11:34 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Hi Penguin & everyone--

(Hang in there until your wheelchair is fixed, (((Rae)))!)

We put our tree up Sunday, and have all the other Christmas stuff out. Hubby has even wrapped a few presents, which are waiting under the tree (I hope the dogs don't decide they're chew toys). I think we'll be staying home Christmas day--Christmas Eve we always spend with my Dad's side of my family, and that's always nice.

I really need to get it in gear with Christmas cards--we're using one of hubby's images (he's a photographer) but need to assemble the cards.

ACK! I'm late--need to get back to school to help in son's class. More later...

Love,
Jane
Old 12-07-2006, 10:24 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

How I was thinking of all of you last night!

My husband's ex is coming after him for $$ through the court system. Unfortunately, DH made verbal agreements with her and stood by them. Now that the time frame is up for that agreement, she went into court with the legal docs and acting like there was never any agreement and wants exactly what the papers say. His back is up against the wall and I know we will get through this but my gosh, the stress of it all is major. Nothing was written down so he is basically screwed. To have him arrested and seen as a dead beat dad is her ultimately dream come true.

When I am stressed, on the surface, I'm cool, but I underneath, I have stomach problems, migraines and gland problems that flair. Now, I feel like on the surface I am not even OK, could it be because I am dealing with it without drownding (sp?) it?

My immediate reaction last night was to have a shot of something or a drink of something because I didn't think I could handle this crap and watch my dh go through it all with his lawyer on the phone until 1:30 am here. It is unbelievable how she stirs things up and acts like she is just doing what's right and in the meantime, it is only to try to humiliate my dh.

However, I watched and learned how my husband dealt with it and I was so proud of him...he was a teacher last night. I am so glad he's my dh.

This is a very stressful time and I am angry, sad, lil depressed, downright down! I know we will get through this but there are kids involved. He is a good man and has always tried to do the right thing but because she is bitter, she will never allow him to sit in the sun! Two of his kids are in there 20's and on with life. The other is 18 and hasn't spoken to my dh after repeated calls and emails. I have always been close to this son and now I am so ($&# mad at him. We have not spoken in months. He is on his high horse right now...the one his mother put him on!

Grrrrrr!
Old 12-08-2006, 08:24 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Etimee,

Good grief--I'm sorry all that junk is happening now! I can't see why that woman would think she needs $$ with the kids all grown up. GRRR. Well, whatever.

What's important to me is that YOU be okay. I wish I had something helpful to offer! All I can say is I'll be thinking of you and praying that things work out quickly and fairly. Mostly, I'll be praying for your peace of mind, and that you'll feel better--no more headaches, etc.

Take care of yourself, hon...
xo
Jane

"The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief." ~William Shakespeare
Old 12-08-2006, 10:40 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Thanks Jane, I appreciate it. DH is really doing fine and that makes me feel so much better! We are waiting for word from 2 attys about steps to take. Wish us luck and thanks for the prayers.

I want you to know that you too are in my thoughts and in my prayers!

Old 12-08-2006, 02:38 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

'Tis the Season!

I'm baaaack...only away a few days, and had to log in...guess SR didn't recognize me.

I don't have anything to do for the holidays...going to be very simple this year...I just can't muster up enough holiday spirit for myself and my son. I did manage to sign and address the cards, and granddaughter mailed them for me. But, get this...I was writing 2007 inside the cards, and Bloomfield instead of Montclair in the return address! I haven't lived in Bloomfield for six years! Oh...and, the day before, I couldn't remember my complete Social Security number...is it time for "them" to come and cart me away?
Old 12-08-2006, 05:30 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

This looks like fun, Penguin...
Old 12-08-2006, 11:25 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by raerob View Post
'Tis the Season!

But, get this...I was writing 2007 inside the cards, and Bloomfield instead of Montclair in the return address! I haven't lived in Bloomfield for six years! Oh...and, the day before, I couldn't remember my complete Social Security number...is it time for "them" to come and cart me away?

You still write beautifully here!
Old 12-09-2006, 07:55 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Hi everyone..........Hey raerob.....the snow stuff look like fun and we are getting the rain here....soooo here comes the snow......................I will have some fun with the snow and let you all know how it was................

Time to check the water damage from all the rain........lots to check out and then finish wrapping those gifts.........

Santa's little elf forgot to come by Friday and not sure what happened.......Still checking on it .....

Having fun today and got to go before my other half and kid eat all the strawberries.................Stay warm everyone and talk to anyone that comes on during the weekend...............

Any word from Dreamz? Little Penguin
Old 12-09-2006, 09:36 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

'Tis The Season

Do you recognize the SR Rockettes...Barb, CeLaVie, Dreamz, Erin, Etimee, Jane, Paula, Penguin, Rae, Rusty? If I missed anyone, you should have showed up for rehearsals!
Old 12-09-2006, 10:18 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

You're cracking me up, Rae! I love those Rockettes

My daughter is sick today, so I'll be babying her. It sounds nice, since she's not feeling too bad--we'll just cozy up on the couch and watch TV, read, or knit (her) & crochet (me).

Have a good Saturday, folks!

Love,
Jane
Old 12-09-2006, 04:21 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Hope you're enjoying the weekend...I just put some meatballs and gravy on...only took me about 2 1/2 hours! It's tuff wheeling back and forth from the frig, to the table, to the stove, and back around again!

Should be done before 10:00 p.m. Guess we'll have a midnite snack!

I thought this was nice...Max will probably think it's "sappy".

RAINBOWS

If I could catch a rainbow
I would do it just for you.
And share with you it's beauty
On the days you're feeling blue.
If I could build a mountain
You could call your very own.
A place to find serenity
A place to be alone.
If I could take your troubles
I would toss them in the sea.
But all these things I'm finding
are impossible for me,
I cannot build a mountain
Or catch a rainbow fair
But let me be...what I know best,
a friend that's always there.
Old 12-10-2006, 03:20 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

awwww.... thanks Rae! and thanks for includingme in the kickin gals, too!

I can't get any of the smilies to work any more, nor the bold, or any of the options ... anybody got any ideas?
Old 12-10-2006, 07:48 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

'Tis The Season

'Mornin', Barb! Rudolph suggests you contact by IM one of the moderators, and explain your problems. I was having to log in every time I came into SR...this lasted all week, until I finally contacted someone yesterday. Whatever the glitch was, it seems to be OK today.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:10 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone on a lovely weekend.......We still have rain and the sunshine is trying to stay out as well......

Love those Rocketts Rae.........you are funny and I got a good laugh out of that one and so did my other half.....He was reading over my shoulder and knows I have fun with you all.........

We are going to have some Waffles today.....at this moment and I invite you all to breakfast........I am going to get the coffee going and cozy up with my cup to stay warm..........

Found a snow Angel rock that is cute......you keep it in your pocket and rub it when your day is going the wrong way.......sort of keeps you comforted when the moment is right.......................Guess it is like an Angel on your shoulder...........................

Time to get those waffles going..............More later........

LIttle Penguin
Old 12-10-2006, 04:34 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Catch up with you all tomorrow.
Old 12-10-2006, 06:45 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

love the Rocketts...

aint that dance called the CanCan... i know i Cant Cant!...

Old 12-10-2006, 07:32 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Dreamz do come true!!!

Hey everyone. I'm so sorry I haven't been here in a while. There's really bad fires in Melbourne and I have a friend there and no-one can get in contact with her to see if she's ok. apparently there haven't been any deaths yet but we're just not sure where she is or how she is doing. She was staying right where the fires are so it's starting to get a bit worrying, but I am praying and being as strong as I can and besides tht doing pretty good.

Penguin, I have just packaged the dolls up ready to take to the post office so I'll let you know when I've done that - sorry its taken so long!!!

To everyone else- miss you all love you all!!!

PS Is anyone else having trouble using colour??? or Bold, Italics, Underline, Font, and smilies?????

Originally Posted by janeeyre
(Dreamz, I miss you!)
I miss you too :-))