Notices

alcohol and Pain Killers :(

Old 10-19-2006, 07:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

alcohol and Pain Killers :(

I would like to get some good advice from people that used alcohol and Pain Killers as their drugs of choice. I am on day 31 sober right now and heading to the BEST rehab center Canada has to offer. I Used alcohol and Pain Killers for the past 4 years of my life as a mask to hide my Anxiety and Depression. Any good advice or thoughts on this topic?

Thanks
Tom
Old 10-19-2006, 08:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

good luck in rehab! taking care of your anxiety and depression is so important and hope your able to get help for that. ive never taken care of mine and after a few sober months am now dealing with the worst binge ive been on. i felt crazy when i was sober i wish id gotten help then. im paying for it now. i wish you all the best.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Tom,

I used alcohol to treat my anxiety/depression. I tried for years and years to get diagnosed and treated and kept hearing that there was nothing wrong with me. Then, finally, I found the right dr and the right medication and I have never looked back. I could never have stopped drinking without treating the depression because I really just didn't care.

Have you talked to your dr about the anxiety/depression? I think you will find that, at some point, the alcohol begins to make it worse and also, that there are lots of good medications that work well.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi
I also used alcohol/drugs to treat my anxiety/depression. I've found out though that my consumption was the main source of my depression. when I was high i always put things that i should have been focusing on in the back of my head. And when I was drunk I was almost always a jerk. So whenever I was sober I felt horrible for the way I seemed to screw things up. Getting/staying sober really helps my depression. I also take medication to help out too.
Good Luck