Notices

Coping with the emotions....

Old 10-16-2006, 12:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Make The Most of 2nd Chances

Coping with the emotions....

Hey folks, it's me again, Jooser. I have just about completed my eighth day of soberiety. I have made some strides, but I am consumed with a lot of emotion. I can hardly think about what I have been through, much less speak of it, and I cry. It's like someone has poked a hole in my heart and the emotions started dribbling out. Now that humble flow is given way to a flood of emotion. I don't know where this turn will take me in my life, but I am pretty confident it will be for the best. I have let so many people down in my life because of my illness. It is very difficult to be around them. I know they think I am unreliable at best. Where do I pick up and start to regain thier trust back? Every day leads to some knew insight as to where I should go with my life. I am starting to talk to God again and I think he forgives me, but I haven't forgiven myself yet. Every time I start to pat myself on my back, I remind myself of how unworthy I am - that's when the guilt and anguish take over. Anyone else know what I mean? This is the toughest part for me right now. I HATE alcohol soooo much right now. Any help would be nice right now......

Jooser
Old 10-16-2006, 01:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

Normal feelings. Don't read too much into it.

You're brain will pull sneaky tricks early on in sobriety.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

Hello Jooser,......I can relate to the crying,...It's not so much a pity party in early Recovery ,........It's more like,.... Oh my God what Have I done with my life, family,....ect.ect...! n yes it hurts but you do move on from that.! I got angry at things,...Which was not good...!

Try not to beat up on yourself as we can do enough of that,...Anytime,...!
These feeling will subside the longer you dont drink,...!
Just remember those little steps can get you along way with time n perseverance,....one thing addict's are good at ...!

Make Recovery What you need,...!

I hold on to mine tightly,...as i can NEVER go back...! Despite all thoses things rollin around in my head...lol...not really,...but true...!

Only Love Buster...xXx...!
Old 10-16-2006, 01:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Jooser,

I went through exactly the same thing. It was really, really hard for me to even begin to forgive myself. And, feeling the emotions is a good thing. It's beginning to deal with life without alcohol. It's not easy but so worth it. You will feel much more comfortable dealing with your feelings before too long.

Hang in there.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Jooser!!!

Glad your here......
So many thoughts, so many regrets, so many things unfinished.....
BUT
Guess what?
YOUR SOBER!!!!!!
Please dont be too hard on yourself ok?
Concentrate on loving YOU right now, dont worry about what the others think......they will come around and trust again....and if they dont....their loss!!!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!
Stay strong and congrats!!!!!! Keep posting!!!!
Liss
Old 10-16-2006, 04:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey there Jooser
All of us know about emotions, and most times - especially early in recovery it's really hard to control them, it's normal - I have the same thing myself right now. I also take time to think about how nice it is to have emotions. Most of the time when I was using it was like I had none. so I think after all that my body is just over-compensating, and even though it sucks, it's part of the deal and I think it might be healthy.
You are NOT unworthy. Of course God has forgiven you - I doubt he gave it a second thought. You can't change things you've done in your past, or the way people think of you right now. They will believe you've changed when you see it for yourself. Right now you only have time to think about you - and not about the next year - but just today. All you need is to be confident, and strong - and in control of yourself today. You're not the only one who has made bad choices. The people close to you and are your real friends will stay by you during this, and all the trust you want from them can be earned back.
don't rush things, you're doing great -
and again, you are NOT unworthy - and you are not alone.
here's to another clean day!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-16-2006, 06:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I think how you're feeling is completely normal. It's a part of the recovery process. It gets a lot easier over time.
It's better to cry then hold it in.
Be easy on yourself and stay sober.