Notices

first post, longtime reader

Old 10-16-2006, 07:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face first post, longtime reader

Hi everyone I'm new. Let's see...I'm and ACOA + mental illness in a parent growing up, now I'm married & ready to leave, his doc is pot. I've read many MANY recovery books, am in therapy and have come a long way but (there's always a but) I still feel stuck. The main problem I'm having is that I feel overly detatched, or maybe just numb. So much so that I can't talk about his drug problem, which of course is "no big deal" in his eyes anyway. Anyone else too fed up/numb/resentful to confront? Anyhoo, just wanted to say hola. I really enjoy this place.

Old 10-16-2006, 10:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

(((carolineno)))

Welcome to posting! I hope you will keep on posting too.

I have not ever been too numb to confront. I kinda have the opposite problem I keep on confronting and confronting. Yea I can't keep my mouth shut sometimes I guess... My H uses that as an excuse to use so don't think that confrontation is all it is cracked up to be.

It might make you feel better to say something about his drug use to him though. I know it seems to me like my H does not know that I know he uses. However he has made great strides here in the last couple of months. It seems like he knows everybody is tired of seeing him messed up. He can't really hide it anymore. So he has been clean for several months which is the longest I have ever known him to be clean since I found out that he uses.

I believe that our H's do know that their drug use creates problems in their lives and in other areas of their lives like their relationships and work.