Notices

Need Advice Please!

Old 10-12-2006, 01:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Need Advice Please!

Hi Everybody. My Name Is Jen And I Am Glad I Found This Website. I Find It Helpful. I Need Advice If Anybody Can Help Me I Would Really Appreciate It. I Am A Cocaine Addict Who Is Very New To Recovery I Have Not Used In 11 Days. Here Is My Problem, My Husband Is Not At All Supportive Of My Recovery. He Constantly Says Cruel Things To Me And Brings Up Things That I Have Done In The Past. He Even Gets Angry If I Go To A Meeting. Although, He Says He Is Glad Im Doing The Right Thing He Acts As If He Is Angry All The Time At Me. He Constantly Stresses Me Out. I Feel As If He Wants Me To Relapse. I Know He Loves Me We Been Together For 9 Years And They Have Been Good Years. The Problems Began When I Started The Coke About A Year Ago. I Also Need To Say That He Is A Alcoholic Although He Dont Think He Is Because He Goes To Work Everyday And Has A Good Job.(big Time Denial).i Just Need Some Advice. Sometimes I Think That He Is Afraid Im Going To Leave If If I Stay Clean. When I Was Using He Felt Like He Controlled Me Because I Needed Him. I Just Dont Know What To Do. He Makes Me Want To Screw Up Sometimes.:
Old 10-12-2006, 02:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Jennifer,

It can often be an uneasy time for someone when their wife or husband decides to become sober. It's a time of change for the addict, major change, and it is often threatening to the other person.

You need to stay on course and do what you are doing. Do this for yourself. Your husband will see, by your example, that you are making your life better and he may choose to follow.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

just stay clean and make meetings.
if he cares he will have to adjust.
welcome to the site