Notices

It is SOOO worth it to stay sober!!

Old 10-04-2006, 07:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation It is SOOO worth it to stay sober!!

So far so good for today. Woke up without a hangover and that is an amazing thing! Glad that I don't have to deal with that today. 22 days of freedom is really awesome. Feels good...... sure, I have had my bad days. But, you know what? I did not have to drink or stick drugs in my body. I found alternative ways of coping and dealing with problems.

I did not have the answers so I went and looked to others who had went before me and started following in their footsteps. I'm doing what they did to stay clean and sober and it is working! I still have the thoughts but even when I get those urges, I let them pass.

There is nothing worse that giving in then running out and having to face myself the next day. You know, the guilt, shame, being BROKE, BUSTED, AND DISGUSTED!?!?! Every single time, I always said, I wish I didn't do it. So I am just staying clean...saves me all the heartache, pain, and suffering!
Old 10-04-2006, 09:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

My recovery is a gift that is so
awesone and precious!

Good for you!
Old 10-04-2006, 10:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Talking

I am really excited that it has really gotten better. I went through some days where I was convinced that I would feel that horrible forever. But, I just kept moving forward and kept the faith that others in recovery were right and that it would get better. It did!

I'm really excited that I will be picking up my 30 day chip from AA and NA soon. Really excited!! Still just one day at a time for me though. I feel something working!
Old 10-04-2006, 10:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Hope4life,

I know its tough sometimes, but it gets easier everyday.

Somedays the only thing that I life about being sober is the fact that I didn't wake up with a hangover that morning, and feeling like that is ok, somedays aren't great and others are wonderful, but not drinking gives me the opportunity to appreciate the good and bad, and the bad really isn't that bad, just uncomfortable at times.

You are doing great,

love, Rose
Old 10-04-2006, 11:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Peace begins with a smile

Originally Posted by Hope4life

I did not have the answers so I went and looked to others who had went before me and started following in their footsteps. I'm doing what they did to stay clean and sober and it is working!

"Rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path."

Keep coming..
Anna
Old 10-04-2006, 11:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

Hope it's great to see you grabing life with both hands .....WTG sweetie ...xXx.!