Notices

New to these forums, heres my story

Old 10-02-2006, 12:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New to these forums, heres my story

I feel stupid posting here, but it's gotten to the point where I have to talk to someone but don't know who to turn to. It all started the summer after Junior year of High School. I was already a somewhat unmotivated student and was mainly a C average unless I enjoyed the class somewhat...then I would probably push a B. During this summer, myself and a large group of friends were introduced to Marijuana for the first time. Ever since that night we have been smoking regularly.

Near the end of senior year, I realized that I had not even learned anything that year and that all I did was sleep in class or day dream. High School was over and we had all just graduated so as you can guess, there was alot of smoking / eatting / spending money. It was this summer that we were first introduced to Psychodelic drugs such as LSD, "Shrooms", Hawiian Baby Woodrose Seeds, DXM, and we also got into X once or twice. We did shrooms a few times that summer and LSD twice.

It was time to go back to school once again and a few members of our "group" were going to colleges and universities so they were going to be living in Dorms. Myself along with a few others ended up going to MCCC (Community College) since we had not gotten into the colleges we had wanted. During this first year of college, my life was alot more free, but a few months into it, something happened. We had taken LSD once again and still continued to smoke heavily. I used to pick up my one friend, who I will call M. We had the same schedule at MCCC pretty much so we normally went to class together. After this 3rd experience with LSD though, something had happened, I became alot more lazy, lost, depressed, tired. I quit my job I had been working since sophmore year in High School and told everyone that my reason for quitting was School was getting too intense. Although thats complete garbage because shortly after quitting my job I, along with my friend that I used to take to class stopped going to class entirely. We eventually were dropped from the classes and our parents money went to waste. At first I would go to his house in the morning and say, "You ready to go to class?" But eventually we just would smoke alot when I got there and just wouldnt even go. This waste of a year ended and I still didnt have another job or any motivation.

The School year comes around again and I convince my parents that I will not mess up again and that I want to go back to class. Another year of lies and haze go by as my friend and I again just sit around smoking and dropping all the time. Another year of no job and no income goes around? Come to think of it I dont even know how the hell I was able to afford all this. This time my parents have had enough and said they are not paying for another semester for me to just **** it away again.

It has been a little over 3 years now since I have graduated High School, and I have done absolutely nothing with my life. Ever since the end of High School, it has been one big drug haze. I cant remember half the things that we have done during those days. Im still here trying to quit smoking weed and cigarettes. Although I pretty sure I am finally done with other types of drugs. The last time I took LSD was about a year ago, and I think ive mentally changed ever since then, but can't be positive because im so scared and alone at times I dont know who to turn to. I have gotten 3-4 different jobs over these 3 years, but havent been able to really hold one longer then a month. I dont put in any two weeks notices or anything....I just stop going altogether. Its as if one day I wake up and I unwilling get up and just force myself to go to work and handle it, and then the next day I cant even pull myself out of bed and I dont know why. I did think I was Bi-Polar at one point, but I dont know how to tell for sure.

I used to think I was becoming Schizophrenic, but I think that phase is over now. Im thinking its the physchodelics mixed with all the weed and depression I have had that has really F'ed me up in the head. Ive been suicidal at times, i've given up all hope on myself and concluded that there is no helping me. I feel as if im lost in my own universe sometimes. I have trouble concentrating, understanding certain things. I feel like my ability to read text has slowed. The only person i feel comfortable talking to about my problems is my mother, and even that is hard. My father is an alcoholic so there is absolutely no talking to him about anything. My younger twin brothers appear to be falling into the same **** hole that I have fallen into. I try and talk to them and tell them not to do the things I have done, but they dont listen to anyone anymore, they feel they rule the world. I just want to break free from all this depression and addiction. I want my life to turn around, I want to get a job that I somewhat like and be able to hold it. I want to get motivated and go back to school which I have put off for years now. Sometimes I wish I could just

Thank you for your time and reading my story. If it is hard to read at times, I apologize. There was alot going thru my head as I wrote this and alot of memories and emotion. Sometimes I just wish I could go back to the first day of High School and do it all over again. Correct the mistakes I have made. I feel im trapped in a prision cell with no way out no matter how hard I try.

If anyone has any advice for me or would like to share similiar feelings and problems, I would appreciate it. Again thank you for your time.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Mate!

Just wanted to let you know that I replied to your thread on the mental health board!

Hugs,
Alissa