Notices

Some help for a newbe

Old 10-02-2006, 09:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Some help for a newbe

A little over a year ago my addiction almost killed me; I was able to go sober for a few months. Then I started using off and on, I was doing really well but this week I realized that I have been more on then off.
I want to quit so bad, I want to be ok. I've always had a hard time, the drugs seamed to make things better. I don’t want to get to that point that almost killed me again but I am also scared that with out them I wont get up and do what needs to be done.
I have always fought this battle alone, and I have always lost. I can not afford to lose it this time.
Forums are totally new for me, so is saying that I have a problem. I am not in denial; I have always felt that it is a personal problem that causes too much pain for those around me, its better they just don’t know so I don’t tell them. I am one day sober, I don’t know if I will make it to the next. But any help and advice would be so greatly appreciated. Like I said, this is my first time ever getting involved with a forum and I have know idea if I am going about it the right way.

thank you.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Welcome to SR.
You will find a lot of info and support here.
You will find a lot more info and a deeper support at meetings.

I have always fought this battle alone, and I have always lost. I can not afford to lose it this time.
Even if we could do it alone, why fight a battle alone when there is help?
Work smart, not hard. The support and help that can be gained from a NA meeting is beyond measure. Forums do ok but a face to face meeting gets things done even better.
Old 10-02-2006, 05:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Wind,

Welcome!

Please know that you are not alone with your feelings. We are all here because we have a problem with addiction and try to support each other on this journey.

Keep posting and believe that you can do this!
Old 10-02-2006, 05:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Dreamz do come true!!!

TO SR

Good luck on your recovery journey. You have made the right choice by being honest with yourself and posting here - there is so much support here at SR!!
Old 10-02-2006, 06:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Thanks for sharing part of your story!

Welcone to SR!
Old 10-02-2006, 07:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Welcome to SR! Glad you found us. This really is a great place. I hope you will stick around, read a LOT, and keep posting. We're here for you!
Old 10-02-2006, 07:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Wind.....
How are you???? Welcome to SR, Please keep posting and reading, the support is unreal, we all care and yanno what?!?! YOU CAN do this!!!!! Stay strong!!!!!!
Liss