Notices

Sick and scared.

Old 10-02-2006, 09:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sick and scared.

Hi, I need help/support. Im 46F taking way too much fliorcet. I started taking them for migraines and now i take up to 10 a day. I want to wean myself off them but and afraid of the withdrawal symptoms. I have to work and cannot confined in anyone. I can use a little support. Thanks
Old 10-02-2006, 12:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi, Texas...Sharon and Alcoholic here in Houston, Texas.....Glad ur here in SR...lots of good support available,,,,i don't have the answers for migraines...all i know is my mom had servere ones when i was growing up...and the combination of all she was taking mixed with alocohol was like a time bomb exploding from time to time....it was horrible...yet i stayed awake with her bringing her hot compress towels for her head....

I dont experience migraines but i do feel for anyone that does have them....as im sure they r painful....

All i can suggest is to talk with ur doctor and be honest with him about ur possible addiction to the medicine ur on now.....and he will be able to monitor u closely to ween u off of them to a safe place....i dont doubt u can go thru life without some sort of help from a physician....and the proper dosage of medicine....

Work with ur doctor and if ur not satisfied with the one u have seek someone u can feel comfortable with.....just be very honest with them so they can help u.

Hope that helps a little....

In service.....
Old 10-02-2006, 05:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Texas,

I am glad you found us and posted here.

There is lots of support and you might also want to check out the Substance Abuse forum where you'll find more information.
Old 10-02-2006, 05:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Dreamz do come true!!!

Originally Posted by TIREDINTEXAS
Hi, I need help/support. Im 46F taking way too much fliorcet. I started taking them for migraines and now i take up to 10 a day. I want to wean myself off them but and afraid of the withdrawal symptoms. I have to work and cannot confined in anyone. I can use a little support. Thanks
Hi Texas,

Welcome to SR.

I know you say you cannot confide in anyone but could you possibly talk to a doctor? That way you can be sure you're doing the best most least harmful thing to your body and you know that conversation will be kept private as it is the law.

Hope you do ok

Lots of prayers and support from me to you!!!
Old 10-02-2006, 07:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Just wanted to add my welcome. I hope you will stick around!!
Old 10-02-2006, 07:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Tired,

I am NOT in the medical field and I cannot offer advice in a professional manner.....
but coming from experience, ask your doc about Midrin ...... I get aweful migraines and this med helps soooooooooooo very much!!!! It is non addictive and will not work for ANY other headache.......but if it is a migraine, take it and 15 minutes later, you are back to work, no side effects or anything!!!! Great luck to you!!!!

Liss
Old 12-28-2006, 10:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank Ya'll For Your Support!