Notices

I splurged!!

Old 09-28-2006, 09:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up I splurged!!

Ok....... I actually gave myself permission to splurge and do something nice for myself.......

I bought a beautiful sweater since it will be getting cool soon. It was so lovely and I wanted to give myself a little treat.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It felt good to do that because it has been a while since I've bought any new clothes so I am glad to get a new sweater! :wink2:
Old 09-28-2006, 10:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Good for you.. nothing wrong with a little retail therapy!!!

I did the same thing. I added up all the money I spent on booze daily and once a week I would treat myself to something nice. It rarely cost more than I spent on a week's supply of booze.

That sweater is going to look really proud on you!
Old 09-28-2006, 10:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

Thats Great its good to treat yourself like that,....Looking good, feeling good.!
Gotta be good for ya...?!?

Enjoy you new jumper..!........
Old 09-28-2006, 11:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Recovery is suppose to be fun....i know we are learning how to stay sober and clean by helping each other, by supporting each other, and everyone is doing a good job....change in our lives can be good...rewarding.....given time and some work on our part...there is a rainbow somewheres after a good rain..... : )

Shoping is my weakness....it has cause more financial disturbance in my marriage...more than necessary....but its of my own doing..and i take full responsibility...like drinking...shopping or buying is like an addiction...i buy things...not real extravagant things...but things that r in style....things that make me feel good....all that STUFF is material stuff....and none of it will bring me long term happiness....as of now...im still a work in progress as i continue on my journey....however even tho i love new fun exciting pretty stuff...sweatter for the fall....jewelry...cologne....all in moderation can me healthy...its when i know we dont have that kind of money just to be spening...well..its up to me to grow up and take rerponsibility for my actions....

Anyway.....i just had to let that go...lol

I STILL LOVE FALL...FALL COLORS, CLOTHES, A NEW SWEATER.....A NEW PIECE OF JEWELRY...COLOGNE...WHITE LINEN TODAY.....SMELLS SOOOOO PRETTY....LOL WENT TO LOOK FOR THE POWDER TO MATCH IT...: ( NO LUCK AROUND HERE...LOL

Im sure ur sweater u bought Hope4life is absolutely beautiful....

Would you come back and describe it for us ladies... : )

With u buying the sweater, another the shoes, maybe a skirt or slacks, boots, handbag, accessories....thats my dept...lol nails, hair, makeup...

GIRL YOU ARE ON UR WAY TO LOOKING LIKE A MOVIE STAR....LOL

WHAT DO U THINK? : )

ENJOY UR DAY LADIES ALL THE WAY FROM HOUSTON.... : )
Old 09-28-2006, 12:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

retail therapy

Being the stereotypical male of the species I never thought of shopping as fun. Shopping is something you have to do fairly often for groceries, less so for clothes, housewares, etc., but to me it was never fun.

How wrong I was.

I just went on a little shopping trip too to fight cravings. I spent $200 on little stuff I needed, got over the cravings and had a blast! Now I get to put all this stuff to use which will take some time as a couple of my purchases were cookware and a couple more were books.

That ought to keep me sober for a few days!
Old 09-28-2006, 01:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hope4Life, good for you.. I need to do some splurging too. I have been pregnant for what seems like the last 3 years and finally am back to almost normal size so here I go. Enjoy your sweater and it will stay all nice and fresh with no liquor or bear stains. How nice is that.
Joanne
Old 09-28-2006, 02:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Wooo Hoo way to go Cheryl

Retail therapy rocks.

Kevin
Old 09-28-2006, 03:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey im sure the women love to hear about shopping from the men....

Its kinda neat to hear how the other side thinks about shoppping...something we enjoy doing ALL the time....with the exception of grocery shopping...thats a chore...like mowing the lawn...lol
Old 09-29-2006, 12:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Oh yeah ... retail therapy was nice...

I'm still excited about it!

The sweater is light blue and I have a beautiful necklace that will look good with it. It is just soooo gorgeous. I got it on sale too!! That is so cool! Next time, I think I'll get me some perfume...

For some reason, fragrances can cheer me up. I just love the smell. That is next on the list.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Starting a New Life

Absolutely nothing wrong with some "retail therapy". Haha. Whatever cheers you up is what you need to be doing.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:43 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

Accsseriories, were would be without them.???,............ ..,

Glad your thinking of how its gona look, with this n that...Lovely,...
Old 09-29-2006, 02:48 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

mmmmmm - if fragrances lift your mood you should try aromatherapy. It's fun to buy all the little bottles of essential oil and there are tons of websites that talk about the properties. I was dabbling with it a few years ago and my husband said I should do something that looked good too - so we got into candlemaking. We have a shop in the basement that we open like santa's elves each fall and make candles for gifts. We have the best smelling basement I've ever been in!
Old 09-29-2006, 08:36 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Paused

Good for you Cheryl. You deserve to be treated with something new and lovely. I'm glad it made you feel good. I love fragrances too. I've been sniffing and sampling a few new ones lately. Haven't found one I love yet, but I know I will come across one soon enough. Then I'm in trouble because I'll want the body wash AND the lotion also.
Old 09-30-2006, 04:04 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

Retail therapy. I like that.

Last time in my sobriety, and this new time - I get myself a reward every pay day. Sometimes, I get one every week, if it's a rough week. Just something. Like my first thirty days last time, I bought myself a sober coffee mug.
When I went back 'out' - I put the mug in the back of the cabiinet. Didn't use it for four years.
This week - I got it out. I've been using it again now that I'm back in the program.
Man, did that ever feel good.