Notices

New Here.

Old 09-26-2006, 11:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New Here.

Hello to all. I am new to the site and wanted to say hello. I recently found out that my boyfriend has a drug problem. His drug of choice being Oxycotin. However any opiate he could get his hands was fine if he couldn't get the other. He is also heavily into smoking the weed. I knew about that but didn't know that is was an all the time thing until we moved in together. We live in a small town and when we started dating rumors flew....I asked him about them and he denied them all. As we spent more and more time together I figured out that he had lied. Now that I know what has really been going on I see that all the times he was in bed for 2 or 3 days so sick that he couldn't move it was because he didn't have the pills. It got to where I spent more time with his children than he did. After several weeks of people coming and going, leaving his children unattended while he went to the "room" with is buddies, and me being expected to stand guard at the door so that his kids and kis friend's kids didn't go there I had my fill. I flat told him that he had his priorities F'd up and that he needed to get his head out of his butt. I also told him that I knew now that he had lied to me about the rumors and I wasn't going to be treated like that. If things were going to be that way then I was leaving. As usual he said things would change....ha ha. He would always blame it on his working swing shift and that he was tired or took 2 nerve pills instead of just one. I finally sat him down and explained to him that he was going to wind uo killing himself because he was going to take one to many pain pills or nerve pills and relax himself to the point that he wouldn't wake up. He has been clean of the opiates since 8/31 but has given up one thing for another. He has been going to the Methadone clinic and says that he really wants to get clean and strighten his life out. I truly believe he does but the clinic didn't tell him that it was addicting to and that the detox is worse than coming off the pills alone. He has cut down on the smoking but hasn't stopped.Which to me if you are getting clean than you need to stop that as well. He doesn't believe that is addicting and there is no convincing him other wise. I asked him not to do it and everyday he would say that he wouldn't...but he always did....never admitted to it but would after he got caught. So I told him that I wasn't going to ask him not to do it anymore because I was tired of being let down...and hurt, but that I would ask that he not do it when he has his kids or is getting is kids. That for the most part has worked. He also is finding out who his friends are and that appears to be the only time he smokes anymore. I can't get him to understand that this is a lifestyle change as well and that he can't have the temptations around. I guess I just need to vent and get suggestions. I Love him and really want this to work and have told him that I am here to support him 100% it just gets so frustrating at times. The Methadone knocks him for a loop and he doesn't sleep well and is probably smoking 5 packs of cigarettes day. He falls asleep in mid sentence somtimes and while smoking so I have to babysit to make sure he doesn't burn the house down. I have even resorted to hiding them when we got o bed at night so he has to wake me up to smoke...I know I am rambling but anyway thanks for the ear....Any suggestions would be GREAT.

Ivngrl
Old 09-26-2006, 11:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

Welcome to SR ....yopu have found the most wonderful place of sopport,..!

If you go down the list to the friends n familys you WILL find many others there, who know exactley what your feeling,...1

My Best wishes are with you n your b/f...!

WQelcome........................
Old 09-27-2006, 03:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dreamz do come true!!!

WELCOME TO SR

Old 09-27-2006, 03:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Yes Welcome to our little family here at SR it is a wonderful place and you will find your peace that you are looking for.

Love Vic
Old 09-27-2006, 05:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome!

I'm glad you found us!
Old 09-27-2006, 06:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ivngrl ... welcome to SR .. always try to stay one step ahead of him... the lies, the behavours, the nod'n out... know them all too well... we have one thing on our side... sober thinking...

a real consideration... run for your life, get the hell out while you can...

good wishes Ivngrl .............................................. RZ