Notices

I'm the wife

Old 09-26-2006, 07:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm the wife

my husband has been writting about me for months and i just recently came home to my daughter and family after being gone for six months or so running from ....? i'm a serious addict and alcoholic and have been for many years only 30 but lead a life that most people would have died from years ago not sure what it is that will actually be my final bottom maybe death no not that lucky only the good die young.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

you have a husband that loves you and a a daughter that needs you...stick around..read some other posts...keep posting yourself..we are here for you !!! Just like we were here for him...I am glad you came home, just as he is I am sure...I am 33 and also lucky to be alive, I have 2 kids and a wonderful husband that I almost lost over drugs...glad you are here !!!!
Old 09-26-2006, 07:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thanks for responding
Old 09-26-2006, 07:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by mywifesanaddict
no not that lucky only the good die young.
How come I am not dead
Old 09-26-2006, 07:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Think Happy Thoughts

Many of us have lived lives that we couldbe died from...sometimes i think with the **** ive done i shouldve died...but i was kept alive and i know deep down it was for a reason...some people step out of their homes and get shot...we lived through alot and i for one believe that we lived because we were meant to do something important..something special...we just have to sober up and live it out....i think if you read the posts...stick around...post your experience....im sure everyone here will help you every step of the way...good luck to you....
Tink
Old 09-26-2006, 07:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

i am an addict in every way possible but this time around crack took me over and robbed me of my soul of all the drugs i've done and all the life i've lived and destroyed that took the most and the whole it's not physically addicting crap blows my mind
Old 09-26-2006, 07:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

If you want it...you can find the sober way. I did as well as many others.
Your not alone. There is support and help all around.
It can be done. You can do it.

When you want it, we will be here and stand with you.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Think Happy Thoughts

I know how you feel...i was there not too long ago...19 yr old girl dropped out and cracked out...95 pounds at 5'3"....i thought i would die before i lived a day sober...everyday that passed i was afraid of life because i thought i could only live it high and i was so tired...tired of not sleeping..tired of not being able to taste food, tired of slowly rotting away and being able to smell the scent of my own decay...i remember how it feels and today i wake up...that in itself is a blessing...i wake up...i go to meetings...i have a wanderful sponser....i eat and love the taste...i know this is possible for anyone...anyone who desires it can reach it...for the stars are not out of reach doll...you just gotta stand up and touch them...
love ya
tink
Old 09-26-2006, 07:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Here is what crack cocaine did to me and there is a few other links too but this was the start of trying to recover and OMG the control it had over me was unbelievable

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ill-alive.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...beginning.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post1058359

Love Vic
Old 09-27-2006, 04:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome Home "Wife" and welcome to SR!!!! I am SOOOOO glad you found us!!! Please pm me anytime. You have a very wonderful and devoted husband!!!
Crack is evil! I know personally!!! But you can beat it!!!! Stay strong, keep posting and reading, the things you can learn as well as the support here is awesome!

Love Liss
Old 09-27-2006, 05:28 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hello Wife ans welcome to SR! I have commented on your husband's posts here and I know that he loves you very much! I am the wife of an addict myself and he just recently, after about 4 years or so, quit cold turkey. He started on any kind of pain killers he couls find and then got addicted to methadone trying to get off the other meds. He has spent so much money over the years and put me through so much mentally but I stayed and I am glad that I did. I wanted him better but I had to let him make that choice. He was scared that he might actually get hurt somehow, accident or something and really need pain meds and that they would not work for him because of his addiction. He was tired of worrying about his next "score" and about trying to cover up where all the money had gone. You not only hurt yourself with drug abuse but you hurt the ones who love you as well. I know that you live in hell but so do they, I am proof of that. Think of yourself and how you want to live and how long. Do you want to see your daughter graduate from high school, college? Do you want to be there in the front row when she walks down the isle? Do you want to be in the delivery room when she has her first child? Do you want to be the one she turns to when she needs advice about boys or marriage or raising her children? Be there for yourself so that later you can be there for her!!! I wish you all the best and I really hope that you decide that you have had enough and get help! Love and prayers to you and your family!!!

GP
Old 09-27-2006, 07:17 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hello wife,

I also feel the same way as you I am 41 and surprised to still be alive, I am an alcoholic though, but I have dabbled in drugs over the years, mainly when I was younger, cocaine, weed, crystalmeth, pills, I never did crack but knew people who have, there are many events in my life that happened which i should have died from, of course I guess most likely to have died from was driving drunk especially the DWI I got when I was 18 , I had run into a tree with my car, i guess i should have learned back then, but I was young and also I ama very stubborn person, anyway sorry to go on but I am happy you are here trying to get help for yourself. Good Luck and God Bless you.