Notices

Someone please help me!

Old 09-25-2006, 06:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Someone please help me!

I am new to this site. I have tried to get help before but there is always a delay. By that time i no longer have a problem. Can someone please help me make it work this time???
Old 09-25-2006, 07:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

i'm here. shoot.

what's the problem? you are reaching out and that's a good start. keep coming back!!
Old 09-25-2006, 07:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh my god, someone responded!!!! i have no clue how to work this and i just need to chat. I have never been this low in my life and i do not know what to do? I have ***** and aim if u could help me.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

you are working it! there are lots of wise and wonderful people on this site. i'm just a relative newbie with a little over 60 days sober. nearlly everyone that i've met on this site has reached a personal low and many have either tried or contemplated ending it all. you are not alone! things can improve.

what is going on?
Old 09-25-2006, 07:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am addicted to cocaine. I have thought of suicide but know it is totally against my belief. I have always been the rock in my family and I have to figure out how to deal with this addiction. I need to chat and find out avenues to go for help. 60 days is GREAT so u have experience.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

cocaine is hard to go alone..have you considered rehab or an out patient program ????
Old 09-25-2006, 07:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

my drug of choice is alcohol. you might try posting on the substance abuse threads too because i don't know anything about how to detox from cocaine.

but addiction is addiction. the things that i have realized so far and have helped me are:

1) reach out to others--online is good but in person is better. do both if you can. i started to come here. i also started to see a substance abuse therapist and go to aa. it was really hard at first to admit and harder yet to reach out. but a relief to do it at last. i got a sponsor, who i can call when things get bad. "others" become your support group, sounding board, mentors. they can help pick you up when you fall and hold you up when you succeed.

2) read all you can about addiction. get to know your enemy and what you are up against. when you get a craving, read about your enemy.

3) find some coping mechanisms--what you can do to substitute or alter your patterns of behavior. for me, i started working out. i started coming online. i started to drink limeade instead of booze. pray or meditate. whatever works for you.

4) you gotta do it for you--no one else and you need to know it in your deepest self. i don't know where you are in your life but i tried to quit numerous times. one day, i had enough. don't know why it was then. but i knew. that was about 64 days ago. you need to KNOW that you need to do this and that your survival hinges on your recovery. don't worry if you try and fail. even if you try and fail lots of times. keep getting back up and trying again. you are worth it!

hang in there. keep coming back. search your local NA and/or AA sites. call a hotline. try to talk to someone as soon as you are ready. you will know.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

hey there ((((iamaddicted))))

I think you are doing real good by coming here.

Originally Posted by iamaddicted
I have tried to get help before but there is always a delay. By that time i no longer have a problem.
could you explain the above quote? I don't understand what you mean...
Old 09-25-2006, 08:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

hey there...gotta get off line but there seem to be some good threads in substance abuse forum--check out "found the power to kick the powder" thread...there should be some good people there who might have better insight on your specific issues.

anyhow, welcome

take good care of yourself. eat, sleep, drink lots of water and keep coming back!
Old 09-26-2006, 02:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

iam...are you around? how are you today?