Notices

Wanting to quit-New here

Old 09-25-2006, 10:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wanting to quit-New here

I'm an addict who can't stop using pot and pills. Everyday I tell myself I won't use. by the afternoon I change my mind. When I use I tell myself this is the last time. I'm so tired of this. I feel bad when I don't use and I feel bad when I do. How do I get off this merrygoround? I'm depressed. I wake up everymorning feeling bad. I'm having a hard time trying to get myself to a 12 step meeting. I'd appreciate any advice you all have. Thanks
Old 09-25-2006, 12:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Midas

Hello collingwood! Welcome! It's tough getting out of the rut at first. If you're going to feel bad, you might as well feel bad at a meeting. People will understand. I think I swore off quitting alcohol at least a thousand times. Always broke my promise. When I finally surrendered, I was still drinking for two weeks, even as I went to meetings daily.

You don't have to drink. You don't have to drug. You have a choice.

Old 09-25-2006, 12:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

Welcome Colin... .............Im sure you will find the help you need on this site as i dont think you will find such a more Genuine,... bunch of peolpe Recovering from drugs n drink, ...........n much, much more......! safely...!

Im also on Benzo's and at this time i need them .!........But a day WILL come that i dont...! and i celabratrate that .

Good luck and i look forward to hearing more from you...! Keep postin Hon...!

Big SR welcome...............((( ))).................xXx.............!
Old 09-25-2006, 01:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by collingwood
I'm an addict who can't stop using pot and pills. Everyday I tell myself I won't use. by the afternoon I change my mind. When I use I tell myself this is the last time. I'm so tired of this. I feel bad when I don't use and I feel bad when I do. How do I get off this merrygoround? I'm depressed. I wake up everymorning feeling bad. I'm having a hard time trying to get myself to a 12 step meeting. I'd appreciate any advice you all have. Thanks
Can you ask somebody to go to a meeting with you? Just having somebody there with you, to give some support might make a difference. The fact that you're getting tired of this situation is somewhat a good sign. You know you need some help. Best of luck to you. Remember that you don't always have to feel the way you do now. Things really can change.