Notices

Day 1, again.

Old 09-25-2006, 09:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool Day 1, again.

Hello, everyone. I'm hoping you will send a little energy my way today. I'm back on this path, and I know how difficult the next few days will be (especially around 5pm). I had 14 months of not-drinking, before drinking again for the past year. I guess I don't need to explain that my little experiment failed -- I so look forward to the clear-headed, rested, serenity that I had felt, before I threw it away for "one more try" at normal drinking. Anyway, I've appreciated reading many of your posts -- it gives me courage to "get back on the horse". Thanks!
Old 09-25-2006, 03:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am new to this online community, but I want to greet you. I too have tried to control my drinking (only after catastrophic incidents such as DWI arrests). I was charged with my 3rd DWI offense a little over a week ago. I have not had a drink since. This time, I tell myself that I don't want to drink any more. So far, so good. I have resisted offers of alcohol from several different friends. I just told them I'm on a diet, and I want to cut the carbs. I know it sounds lame, but I am not at the point where I feel comfortable telling my friends about my real problems. I'm trying to figure out who I can trust. Being active on this site really does help. At the very least, it serves as a reminder of past actions and a possible deterrent to bad choices. Hang in there, and please visit the site as often as possible.
Old 09-25-2006, 04:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks, Cubbie. It's funny. I'm home from work, and I just used the same excuse to decline the beer my husband offered to get for me - I said I wanted to get healthy... Well that is true, and I'm not feeling like having a long discussion about it right now. I am sending you my best.