Notices

Excited entering sobriety?

Old 09-21-2006, 08:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Excited entering sobriety?

Is this the "pink cloud" I keep hearing about? I am feeling really pumped this time about not drinking. I am applying things to my situation that I have read and learned about here and in books I've read, and I'm just feeling so positive and excited that my life will change for the better, that I may rediscover "myself" in this body, somewhere, and that I'll hopefully be a better person and parent too.

I know I have relapsed countless times after just a few days, but right now I'm not thinking of that. I have tried to learn from my mistakes each time and I have shifted my thinking.

I am thinking:
I will not drink today.
I will ignore the "voice" of my addiction.
I am keeping a journal and expressing my thoughts and feelings daily.
I am taking a yoga class.
I read and post on SR every day.
I am reading other books on sobriety and good health.
I go to the gym and run outside on alternate days.
I am beginning to explore my spirituality and what it means to me.
I am trying to "pay it forward" and offer my help and service to others in need.
I pray to my higher power to help keep me focused, centred and strong.

I hope I can keep this momentum going. I KNOW I CAN.

And thanks to all of you for being my safety net.

CS
Old 09-21-2006, 08:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds like you're doing all the right things. I can relate because i have struggled in the past (this is my 3rd or 4th try in the past 1 1/2 years) but this time i feel differently (of course, i say that every time). For the last week i have not had any urges, cravings and anxiety which is something i am unfamiliar with and feel like it must be the "pink cloud". But, i'm just taking it day by day, asking a HP for guidance, going to meetings, reading here on SR and just trying to do the next right thing.

Keep up the good work Candy Scratch!
Old 09-21-2006, 08:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think except for a month or so of family problems each year I've been on a pink cloud since I began sobriety.

All those afirmations you made really help.. nothing like a good shot of self esteem boost to send you on your merry confident way!

For some crazy reason I rarely remember to make afirmations in the morning but I do, without exception, think of where I might have been selfish, inconsiderate and dishonest and thank my HP for another sober day every single night before I go to sleep. Doing that always gives me such a good nights sleep.. I go to sleep grateful for what I have and what I've become.