Notices

new here and looking for someone who can relate

Old 09-19-2006, 09:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new here and looking for someone who can relate

Ok, so I am recovering from cocain and crystal meth addictions for a little over seven years. I went into a rehab and slept for three days, went to one group session, and promised my family that I would never use again. I was in serious danger of losing my children so I just quit cold turkey. There have been times that I have wanted to use but put it out of my mind. But lately the cravings will not go away. I can't tell my family because I feel like they will think I'm going to use again. Over the last seven years, every time I have acted even a little strange, my family accuses me of using again. I would never ever use again but sometimes I want it so bad my body aches for it. Does anyone know how I feel?
Old 09-20-2006, 04:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I know if I'm struggling from even mild depression or anxiety (or other life stressors), I crave "relief", but not actually my DOC anymore. Could that be what's going on with you?

That's where NA and therapy have come in to teach me how to deal with the obsessive/compulsive side of my addiction, even as it relates to people, places and things.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I can totally relate..It is a mental withdrawl too....I see an addiction counselor ...you need aftercare support..the wanting will decrease with time but I do suggest you get some extra support....my 2 cents..
~B