SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   ...hi (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/103500-hi.html)

syster 09-18-2006 10:51 AM

...hi

Hi to everyone ~ I'm a newbie to online recovery.
I called in sick to work today. I really had been sick over the weekend and of course was using alcohol to make it better. This morning I woke up with my stomach hurting because of the wine I drank last nite. I'm so sick and tired of waking up regretting what I drank the night before. I drink more nights than I don't --well I drink about every nite to be truthful. It's usually beer, but I have that box of wine as a backup......
Anyhoo... just wanted to step into the light and say hello :kitty:

BSPGirl 09-18-2006 11:07 AM

Hey syster, welcome to SR, I'm sure you will find something helpful on here! :hug:

Marte

mygirls_mylife 09-18-2006 11:54 AM

Hi there! Welcome. This is a great place to start your inner searching. We all have gotten sick and tired of using; that's why we are here.

My recovery path is filled with God, AA and SR. It is a great combo. SR helps when I cannot get to a meeting. AA is great for learning how to live a sober life. God, church and AA are teaching me and helping me become the person I really would like to be.

Congrats on your soul searching I hope you find peace. I have 91 days; this is the longest I have gone without alcohol in 17 years. It CAN be done.

Anna 09-18-2006 11:58 AM

Hi Syster,

Welcome!

I'm glad you found us here at SR. There is lots of support and information here.

janeeyre 09-18-2006 12:16 PM

Hi, Syster!
This is the BEST place on the internet--please stick around!

You sound a lot like I did when I first found this place--I knew deep down that I had a problem and had been seeking out info online. When I read a few posts here and saw myself in them, I knew for certain that something had to change.

I hope to see more of you--
Jane

syster 09-18-2006 02:43 PM

:Val004:

thank you so much for the warm welcome!! it is very appreciated. it feels good to talk with people who know how i feel and not be judged. im glad that i registered!

Lollipop 09-18-2006 05:19 PM

Hiays and Welcome to SR!!!! Congrats on the start of your new journey, this place ROCKS with help and support!!!!
Liss

Steve58 09-18-2006 05:21 PM

Welcome! Stick around and post often!

Steve

earlybird 09-18-2006 05:25 PM

Just remember,......eventually, ...if you dont stop....you absolutely will lose that job. Every alcoholic can relate to that. We all lose jobs due to calling in sick or drinking on the job or whatever...........in any case,....the drink always costs us our jobs.

StrongR2Day 09-18-2006 05:57 PM

Welcome Syster, glad you found us!

syster 09-21-2006 04:57 PM

glad 2 be here!

:c031:
thanks again for the welcome! ive enjoyed coming to the forums. i do in the morning and again at nite. im on day 4 now with the weekend looming.
so far i haven't had a problem--i dont know whether the weekend will bother me or not, guess i'll find out.
everyone here is great and i love that there are so many different viewpoints and paths walked or should i say staggered down..... it widens the perspective and doesn't make it such a straight and narrow road (which i could never travel).

nogard 09-21-2006 05:09 PM

Welcome to SR syster :) plenty of support here, jump right in.

Kevin

Dreamz 09-21-2006 05:26 PM