Notices

Hello

Old 09-17-2006, 06:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello

Hello. My real name is Shauna, but I didn't really want to use my usual screen name here. So I used a nickname that a friend gave me, someone who has helped bring me to recovery.

After looking through some of the posts, I think one of my addictions is one that I haven't been able to find through any searches. I have three. One can be easily stopped (well, not easily stopped, just harder for me to obtain), unfortunately the other two are as easy as going to my local pharmacy. One is Ativan, but the one that always makes a comeback is Gravol. I've been abusing that for over five years. Ativan, for four. I've just recently had the courage to spill all of this to my doctor and I'm looking into daytox. I'm also going to be seeing a therapist for addictions as well.

I haven't touched any pills since last Monday. Monday I made the call to the detox center. I'm not at the point where I need detox, after speaking with a ton of people my need for pills has decreased. That and I have issues with the hospital.

As this is my first post, I don't know what to tell or what not to tell. Perhaps I'll take the time to look through these boards a little more carefully. Right now it's really rather overwhelming.
Old 09-17-2006, 06:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello Kiddo,

I don't know much about the whole pill thing, my doc is alcohol,

but I wanted to hay hi and wellcome you.

Love, Rose
Old 09-17-2006, 06:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Smile Welcome!

Hi Kiddo,

Congratulations on taking a very big and important step to find a new way of life. That is something to be proud of! That takes a lot of courage and is the beginning of a wonderful journey.

I'm glad that you are here. The support is amazing and you are never, ever alone. There is always someone to listen 24/7. We care!

We are here for you always so I hope you stick around and let us get to know you as you get to know us!

Take care,

Cheryl
Old 09-17-2006, 08:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Shauna. Welcome to SR. Post what you need to when you need to.
Old 09-17-2006, 08:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi there! Welcome! Congrats for taking these first steps.
You can probably find some good info in the substance abuse and naranon forums.
My DOC is alcohol and I use a combination of God, prayer, AA, SR and well, anything really for my recovery. AA is a good place to get started, You dont have to be an alkie to go there are addicts as well b/c the AA meetings are more abundant, usually.Maybe try a few meetings, different ones and see how you like it. I personally love going to meetings and always feel recharged after attnding one.
You are not alone, addiction is addiction no matter the substance. We are here to help one another. Again, welcome!
Star
Old 09-19-2006, 12:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sorry, probably wrong board for this. Going to post this on an appropriate board.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Kiddo,

This is a perfectly appropriate board for you to post on. You are a newcomer and this is the Newcomers forum.

There is a great community here and lots of support, so I hope you do look around and keep posting.
Old 09-19-2006, 02:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

hy Shauna, welcome to SR
Old 09-19-2006, 07:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

did you wheen off of your meds or go off cold turkey??? thats dangerous. becareful.

im new today hear as well. Its nice to find there are others who understand isnt it!
Old 09-19-2006, 07:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Dreamz do come true!!!

If you're going off it all cold turkey make sure you check it out with a doctor - just incase you run into any problems - but way to go - I wish you all the best. This is a great place to ask questions and find out about other people's experience and just for some extra support!!!