Notices

next meeting in 4 hrs need one now

Old 09-17-2006, 11:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

next meeting in 4 hrs need one now

Im having a hard time today, anxiety is a 10 and I want to enjoy myself and relax. relax, the word is starting to become foreign. Without xanax or alcohol I barely know what to do with myself. On the positive side I dont even think about rock without something to calm me down, I tried that and the anxiety skyrocketed off the scale. I relapsed and had a few drinks 2 days ago, but that really backfired cause it set me in motion to do other drugs especially coke. Fortunately I was able to stop myself before I did major damage. Once i get started Im off and running for weeks at a time with no break. I just cant do that anymore. I need to get to a meeting today. I havent been to 1 since rehab, but today I am really feeling it. 6:30 seems so far away. I called someone from rehab to see if they could pick me up to go to the meeting near them, but they arent around.
I dont know how to do this, I need someone to talk to and the people around me dont understand.
Old 09-17-2006, 08:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Did you get to your meeting? You know, there are meetings on here as well. I don;t know how they work but I am sure that someone can tell you how to do them. You are going to be fine, you sound so much better and focused ane it seems that everything is more clear to you now. I am here if you need me, if I was up there I would take you to your meeting.

GP
Old 09-17-2006, 08:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Starting a New Life

Did you get to your meeting alright? And yes...there are meetings on here happening just about every day I think. They happen in the chat room and work just like the meetings you attend in person. Go check out the forum down at the bottom for the list of meetings and when they happen.
Old 09-17-2006, 09:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I got to the meeting. I hated it just like I usually do, but I know I need them. Iw ish i had a car so i coul get to more of them. I am still pretty laid back and isolated so it is hard for me to ask people for rides. That will come with time.
Old 09-17-2006, 10:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

At least you went, that is a good thing!!! I am proud of you!!!

GP
Old 09-17-2006, 11:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Starting a New Life

Im glad you went. We're proud of you for getting up and doing so.