Notices

Bad news for me Bye everbody you've been great

Old 09-14-2006, 07:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Bad news for me Bye everbody you've been great

well my job s going to change. And not for the better.

Okay that's my excuse.
What's the point in doing the right thing if you always get screwed.

I hate myself. No room for improvement here. I'm better off. just F'ing myself

I'm done everyone.

Going back to my stupid ways.

Always get knocked down.

Bye. YOu have all been great. But its almost like you are not real. Can't see you. Can't meet with you. Its a mess.

All this time not drinking and now work sucks. Bye

I have bad luck.

Sorry to disappoint you all.

Im logging off.
LOSER LOSER ME.
all aboard my pity party. I'm throwing me one now.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Change how? Don't leave...keep talking.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Don't Do It

Yes, life can suck. I think it was meant to, in a way. It's a test of our resolve, but your thinking can change!!

Quit thinking of your problems as attacks on your person. Think of problems and misery as opportunities! Opportunities to kick some dirt in the opposite direction, opportunities to say "Hey, is that all you can throw at me? Well go ahead, I'm tougher than that! I'm better than my problems! I'm a child of God, and he's on my side!

You have free will! Exercise it to keep yourself healthy and prepared for all the opportunities life throws our way. Don't drink, don't do the drugs. Hold your head up and know that the more distance you put between yourself and the alcohol and the drugs the better it gets!!!!!

You're not alone. There are millions of us like you out there. Go to a church, go to a meeting, and talk about your issues. You'll feel better; please trust me on this. You will feel better! Your life will improve, even when you think it won't! Pray and ask for help!

You can do it!!!!!
Old 09-14-2006, 08:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

And if you won't pray, we'll all do it for you!
Old 09-14-2006, 08:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Don't leave!

Why don't you tell us what is bothering you? We want to help you. You do not have to go through this alone, ya know?

Please stay, and share some more with us, please!

Hugs,
Alissa
Old 09-14-2006, 08:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
On a tear

(((OnceNice)))... prayers going up that you are in the will of your Higher Power. That the universe brings you exactly where you need to be ... today. Right this minute.

I don't believe in coincidences. You didn't land here by chance.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

(((OnceNice))) What happened with your job?? I always say when one door closes another opens. Don't let a JOB destroy how far you have come! You are certianly not a loser, nor all of those other negative things you have said about yourself. Come on, you know you are better than that. You are a wonderful, funny, warm, smart person who has so much to offer this world of ours. You can't let a stupid job make you give up on yourself. I know we can't be there with you in person, but you know what, I think this community is sometimes more REAL than the people who live on my street, you know. You're all right HERE, in my heart. Please don't go away, OnceNice. Please rethink things.

Hugs,
Chris (Candy Scratch)
Old 09-14-2006, 09:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

(((((Rose)))))

I hope you're able to stay logged on long enough to keep posting through this day. Hopefully you'll come to see that the past 23 days has given you enough strength to get through one more crappy day.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:13 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Wait up, Oncenice! I'm going to join your pity party! Hold the door open!

Abou 20 years ago, before I sobered up, I felt God call me into the ordained ministry of my church. I've just been thwarted again, told that it's not gonna happen anytime soon. I'm p!ssed off beyond belief. I'm contemplating drastic, life changing, life ending action, because if I got drunk now, after 17 3/4 years sobriety, my life would be over.

You're right, life sucks. Let's get drunk, that'll teach the bastards! Let's destroy ourselves, then they'll be sorry for their sins! That'll kick 'em in the gonads! Screw it!

PM me your city, we'll meet somewhere and get sh!tfaced and stay that way til we die.

I hope I'm not serious. I don't know.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:24 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Geez hector that was uncalled for, imo.

Anyway don't give up tying you'll figure this out, maybe see this job change as an opportunity to go in other directions in life? It can't be all negative.

Marte
Old 09-14-2006, 10:48 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
On a tear

Hector? What's going on?

I think you are right that you and OnceNice might be in the same "place" right now. In light of that commonality, Hector, what would you want OnceNice to say to you... can you type it here?

Is there something you would need to hear right now that you can provide for her?

((((hugs and prayers for both of you))))
Old 09-14-2006, 11:01 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

I took Hectors post as sarcasm, which personally, I have a great appreciation for. He makes a good point. I've done plenty of drinking at people and circumstances. It never helps matters.

Nice, come back and tell us about what's goin' on.

Paul
Old 09-14-2006, 11:23 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

****{oncenice/rose}}} and ****{hector}}}

be nice to yourselves. if you leave, we'll miss you. take good care and keep posting if you can!

it sounds trite, but it really is true that out of change comes opportunity--even when the change appears to be bad. wait to see what appears after the smoke clears...

sending hugs and good thoughts,
Old 09-14-2006, 03:41 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Ok, thanks for your concern for me. I appreciate it.

I had a good afternoon, went to a church service, talked briefly with my priest, then out for lunch with friends from church (steak sandwich with fries! screw the diet, I'm in pain!) then went to my mother's to fix her computer. I bought a dozen roses on sale (charity benefit) and gave half of them to mom. I feel better.

But when I typed that earlier post I was feeling pretty low! As I stated, I don't know if I was serious. If I'm not careful and don't take care of myself today and in the near future, I could slip. I AM NOT IMMUNE! And right now I'm pretty weak. The earlier share was not sarcasm, it was the way I really felt.

I am taking care of myself. Nap time soon. I'll go to an AA meeting tonight. I'll be very gentle and good to myself for a while. I'll be strong again soon. But not today.

Thanks everyone.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:56 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

((OnceNice)) I'm sorry you are stuggling right now. I won't give up hope, that some day you will find peace.

((Hector)) That's the way!! Use those tools!!
Old 09-14-2006, 04:17 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Before drinking consider going out for a run or brisk walk. Life always seems better for me after I exercise...
Old 09-14-2006, 05:58 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

(((ON)))

TReat your mind like a bad neighborhood and don't go there alone. Excuses are like @$$ WHOLES; everybody has one and, everybody needs one...
Old 09-14-2006, 06:39 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Good heavens, I HATE my job. I mean I really, really, really, really HATE my job. But, know what....I could quit today. I don't....because that is MY name on that paycheck. And I support a family. And they would support me, well...the ones that matter...if I quit, but I don't because I like being financially responsible and when all is paid for and said and done, then I can set myself up to do something else. Or NOW I can volunteer at the things I LIKE to do and get paid for the things that I get PAID to do.
partially relating,
live
Old 09-14-2006, 06:40 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Dreamz do come true!!!

Why throw away all you've worked for - hang on - this is just today - you never know how you'll feel tomorrow.

Please just hang on!!!
Old 09-14-2006, 08:00 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Dear OnceNice:
How is going back to drinking gonna solve your job problems? I mean,I know how you are feeling right now and I understand the desire to use to deal with those feelings,but it wont fix things. If you are reading this,and havent picked up I hope you will reconsider and do what you need to do to stay sober. Please dont go. You can get thru this,but ya gotta try!
Becky