Notices

day 8........

Old 09-13-2006, 09:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 8........

hi,
today is day 8 and i feel a little better. I received another package of xanax yesterday, but tossed it in the dumpster this morning. One more to go. I will feel better when i know there are no more orders pending. I went to a meeting last night, it was pretty good.....we read "More About Alcoholism". I could really identify with it this time, the part about trying all sorts of things to prove you weren't alcoholic.......drinking only beer, drinking only wine, drinking only on the weekends, taking a trip, not taking a trip.......i realized that i basically did the same thing when i was actively drinking. I'd drink strictly beer, or i wouldn't drink Rum, or i wouldn't drink whisky or i'd only drink vodka, or i'd try to limit the number of drinks. It never worked though.

I'm meeting my sponsor after work today to discuss what is expected of me and what i need from her. I'm hoping this will help ease some of the tension between us and make me feel more comfortable with her. We'll see.

Well, that's all i got for now. Keep on Keeping on everyone!
Old 09-13-2006, 09:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations on both, throwing the xanax in the dumpster and on meeting with your sponsor today. Both are big steps!! Hang in there!

Hugs,
Alissa
Old 09-13-2006, 09:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ig

WTG!!!!! Congrats on 8 days!!!!! Let us know how the meeting goes, I hope everything comes together!!!!

Liss
Old 09-13-2006, 09:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good for you!
Old 09-13-2006, 09:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great!
Old 09-13-2006, 01:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh Igfan, I'm so happy for you. Be as brutally honest as you can with your sponsor and hopefully she will be too. It's the only way to get all the cards on the table and figure out where you're headed together.

and why don't you stop in our mommie thread and say hi. lots of good support in there.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

congrats! WTG!! keep on going-that is great!
Old 09-14-2006, 04:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

day 9..........

Hi guys,
another day sober......woo hoo! Things went well with my sponsor yesterday, we're basically going to start over. She's going to give me more one on one time and when i'm being rude or inconsiderate of her she's going to call me on it (that's what i need, i'm not always aware of when i'm being difficult...ok, yes i am).

I see my addiction counselor this afternoon, i get to tell her AGAIN, that i relapsed. I only see her EOW so it seems lately that everytime i go back i've screwed up. I may ask to start seeing her weekly for a while, maybe that will help get me back on the right track.

Today i am grateful to be sober!

Well, i gotta comb my daughters hair and get her to school. Hope everyone has a Happy Sober Day!