Notices

Newbie Hello Everyone

Old 09-12-2006, 03:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newbie Hello Everyone

Hello everyone I go under littlefeather because that is my tribal name. Yes I am Native American and yes I am an alcoholic among other things I like stimulants lets just say. I am 6 days clean and I actually have a question for all of you. I have been drinking since I was 16 and am now 27. I started binge drinking at around 19. I have tried sobriety before and failed, this last time was a doozy and it lasted about a month the binge. At the end of it on the last day I would get dizzy spells that lasted a couple of seconds when I would walk. I thought it would fade after I quit everything and cleaned my system of all the toxins I put my body through. That is not the case even today I have been having dizzy spells they last 2 to 3 seconds and then I am fine but they are very disturbing. This never happened on any of my other relapses. I checked diffrent sites on an unbalanced equilibrium but none of them connect with me. Can anyone tell me whats going on? Have any of you ever had this happen? I even checked out a site on Parkinsons Disease because I know you can get that from the over use of illegal drugs and alcohol. I hope this is not the early signs. I hope this goes away soon. Can someone give me some insight? I know I should check with the doctor but I just wanted to see if anyone else ever had anything like this occur after a binge on drugs and alcohol.

Thanks for your time,
Littlefeather
Old 09-12-2006, 03:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

just glad you are here.try na,because it dealt with the diseas of addiction,not just the symptems.
dont know about the parkinsons.
right now just stay clean.you have forever to deal with the details.
keep coming........we NEED you
Old 09-12-2006, 03:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Littlefeather,

You've been sober for 6 days and you're experiencing dizzy spells? I really would check with a dr. That is by far the best thing for you to do.

Congratulations on your sobriety and you will find that SR is a place for support and information. I hope you keep posting.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Littlefeather, I'm glad you're here! I hope you stick around, because this is the best place on the internet--lots of good people here.

I agree with anna--it would be good for you to visit the Dr.

Take care of yourself, and let us know how you're doing--

Jane
Old 09-12-2006, 07:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hello Littlefeather,

Welcome and congratulations on your 6 days of sobriety.

I get dizzy spells quite often, low blood sugar, if you drank alot and are not now your blood sugar could be low, but I would also go to dr, just to be safe.

Love, Rose
Old 09-12-2006, 07:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Dreamz do come true!!!

Hi LittleFeather - seems like the bulk of this thread is suggesting you see a doctor and I am going to agree!!!

WELCOME TO SR
Old 09-13-2006, 05:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you so much everyone. Yes I will go see the Dr. I fear what he will say but then again to ignore it would just be crazy. I feel very welcomed here and yes I will keep coming back on this site. Thanks again for the support I feel the warm welcome from every one of you. Today makes it a week.

Glad to be here clean and sober,
Littlefeather
Old 09-13-2006, 05:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

1 Week!!! Congratulations!!

Old 09-13-2006, 05:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Dreamz do come true!!!

YAY

For a week
Old 09-13-2006, 06:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Littlefeather,

WAY TO GO!!!

I am very happy for you.

Keep us posted on how your doing

Love, Rose
Old 09-13-2006, 06:26 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

Welcome, Littlefeather. I, too, am Native American, though not full blood. My grandmother was a Chiricahua Apache. Addiction is common with us because of a physical difference in the way our livers metabolize certain substances, most specifically, alcohol.

I found my sobriety through AA. I needed spiritual help, and the steps allow me to call on a god of my own understanding for help.

I wouldn't begin to give medical advice, though I do think that the suggestion you see a doctor is a good one. The abuse we put our bodies through takes its toll, and we need to take care of the whole person in recovery.

Glad you found us!

Peace & Love,
Sugah