Notices

Husband thinks I can drink in moderation- Big problem!

Old 09-12-2006, 07:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Husband thinks I can drink in moderation- Big problem!

Last night, after having a temper tantrum and after I calmed down , my husband is telling me he doesn't think I have as big of a problem with alcohol than I think I do and if I were to drink like maybe once a week that would probably be ok, and I went on to explain to him, the only problem with that is I cant drink in moderation- it wouldnt be just 2 beers, I couldnt stop there, would have to at least be 4-7beers and I would eventually want to drink more and more often and I dont want to get in that cycle again- I dont know-is he enabling me so I dont blow up or just cause he doesnt think my problem is that bad? I just think he doesnt understand which is stupid cause he had a drinking problem when he was younger and quit and now only has 1 drink maybe once every 6 months, but he quit probably in the early stage cause he was like 21 or 22 when he quit. Any advice or suggestions?
Old 09-12-2006, 07:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

thanks for your input, I think you are right about my husband cause he was drinking and also using cocaine, but it was when he was very young, he also has a low tolerance when it comes to drinking cause he is part Indian, so I dont really think he had that much of a problem, I think his biggest problem was with cocaine, he had to be put in a rehab for it by his parents.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

You need to stick to what you believe. For whatever reason, your husband thinks you can drink. That doesn't matter. You know it won't work.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

I don't know if you can make him understand, but you might use his cocaine use as an example to explain what it is like for you with alcohol. That comparison might help him to understand.

But, as said above, you have realized you need to do this for YOU. Keep posting, let us know how your are doing, we do care, and DON'T DRINK, lol.

Love and hugs,