Notices

help today

Old 09-09-2006, 11:14 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Why don't you lock yourself in the BR with a little radio and a good book, and have a bubble bath, tell the kids they are not to disturb you unless it's life threatening.
rotfl You mut not have kids, I can't even take a dump in peace!

Old 09-09-2006, 11:15 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I don't think you realize what a great mom you are. You were upset and came here and posted. You didn't drink. You're recovering from your drinking problem. You are so cool. My mom never even tried to quit. Don't beat yourself up, you're doing great!
Old 09-09-2006, 11:18 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I have to admit I vented at everyone on the football field during cheer leading which I almost made my daughter miss, which by the way is a mortal sin. I did have go 1 hour late for pregame practice so she was benched. I think I got my point across
Old 09-09-2006, 11:53 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NYCGirl
rotfl You mut not have kids, I can't even take a dump in peace!

ROFLMAO!!!!!

Oh my God that is so funny! Thanks for making me smile!

It was so peaceful last night when everyone went to bed, so I wanted to stay up and enjoy it but I was so exhausted from just getting through the day.
Old 09-10-2006, 04:20 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by c'est la vie
It was so peaceful last night when everyone went to bed, so I wanted to stay up and enjoy it but I was so exhausted from just getting through the day.
Right there, in those words, is what's keeping me moving forward in a direction away from drugs. All the good things that come after the work is done. I don't have kids so cannot speak to that directly, but I do have a LOT of things pulling at me from so many directions demanding my attention. When it gets overwhelming, I've learned to step back, concentrate on what I can do first, and begin there. Then there's no overwhelm, there's just that individual project in that immediate time to deal with. And after that I can move on to whatever comes next. And at the end of the day I always find (make) uncommitted time for music and reading. Then each step is just part of the process, rather than one continuously overwhelming life from which I wish to escape. The calmer and more grounded I become, the less need there seems to be to escape. And that's hopeful too. I guess what I'm saying is: Perspective. And Balance.
Old 09-10-2006, 04:21 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Smile

I can relate to the screaming kids. I've got a couple of my own and some days I can't stand them. I figure as long as I don't do anything to them, I haven't f'd up, but sometimes I feel like when when I don't like them very much.

What I'm trying to say in too many words is, it's normal. You're normal. And anger is healthy if directed in a positive way. Just don't be so hard on yourself.
Old 09-10-2006, 04:38 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

There was a period of time, as a single mom, when I couldn't go to meetings, no child care, gas money, etc.. The kids about drove me nuts, especially with their fighting amongst eachother, and if I had alcohol in the house, it surely would have crossed my lips. It was summer, and the kids were home all day.

One day I was so frustrated, almost raging internally, and I just started walking, hard and fast, around our very long block. Let out some of my pent up emotions that way, and it worked. Kept doing that every day, increasing my laps. If the kids wanted me they had to follow me on their bikes. Staying on the block kept me close to them. Within a couple of months, I was doing 4 miles a day in laps, lost weight and got in shape. That wasn't my original plan, just the end result.

Kick boxing (you get to visualize who your kicking lol), aerobics, etc., videos work great too. I'm so much more mellow after exercising (this from someone who hates to sweat).

You are doing sooooo well, try some tested alternatives before reaching for the drink again.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:02 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I've been doing much better about trying to find energy release (like walking) and trying to pray and write but nothing was working yesterday. Well maybe I should say it worked in the end but not fast enough.

I told my hub today that I really wanted to drink his beer last night. And get this, he only drank HALF the bottle (about the size of a wine bottle). It didn't faze him AT ALL to leave some. He just wasn't in the mood to drink more. Unbelievable. So there was beer in an unopened container today and I asked him if I could throw it out because otherwise I'll drink it when he leaves.

I'm embarrassed that I even wrote about my problems. Maybe I'm trying to convince myself and my hub that I'm fine. I want to believe that.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:44 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Paused

Don't be embarrassed. Your emotions and feelings are real. Sobriety is learning to deal with them sober. Vent away...
Old 09-10-2006, 12:39 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

What is it with 11-year-olds? Mine has been sending me "round the bend" for the past few weeks.

This too shall pass, and we'll laugh about it in future. (You should hear how MY mom laughs now!)

I hope you're having an OK day, though, C'est.
Old 09-10-2006, 03:57 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I have a 12 yr old and an 18 yr old and it doesn't get any better, they are always gonna be testing you and then there are your husbands you have to deal with I had a major temper tantrum this morning towards my husband - I dont think he truly understands what I am going thru sometimes he says he is proud of me and other times he just starts saying the stupidest things-the man has no common sense when to leave me alone and I am also venting cause I was tired and cranky and he hardly does anything aroung the house except he drives people places and he has some kind of mental problem- he is paranoid about everything, especially other people he doesnt know, like everyone is out to get him or something - at one point he went to a psychiatrist and she said he was bipolar and now he is saying she said he might be-He is in denial of his problems. so sometimes he drives me up the wall and I just want to leave, if it werent for my kids I probably would if I had a good job!!:uzi2:
Old 09-10-2006, 07:17 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

count me in for the crazy moms support group!

do you have to be crazy? or do your kids? or perhaps both?

lord knows, i need support (especially now that i can't hide in a bottle!)

xoxoxo to you, my friends
Old 09-10-2006, 07:45 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Dreamz do come true!!!

Hey C'est, I'm sorry I wasn't here when you first posted this - how are things going now? You';ve helped me so much this last little bit just saying positive things to help me get through the mentalness of my life - so thank-you!!!

I hope things are getting better. I'll pray for you - and good job on the not drinking!!!