Notices

Overcoming the Struggle

Old 10-03-2006, 09:10 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

YAY Cheryl!!! We have so much to be grateful and thankful for! The fog will keep lifting until it is GONE!! I know exactly what you mean about people noticing the changes. Isn't it great? I like to be noticed for the positives instead of for being a beotch. or a drunk/high beotch at that. LOL

ANyways, I just wanted to give you a bug HUG(((((((cheryl))))) you are doing awesome!
Old 10-04-2006, 02:24 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Well done,the cocaine and drink binges followed by drink are too familiar.

Your story really touched me.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:33 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Day 22

So far so good for today. Woke up without a hangover and that is an amazing thing! Glad that I don't have to deal with that today. 22 days of freedom is really awesome. Feels good...... sure, I have had my bad days. But, you know what? I did not have to drink or stick drugs in my body. I found alternative ways of coping and dealing with problems.

I did not have the answers so I went and looked to others who had went before me and started following in their footsteps. I'm doing what they did to stay clean and sober and it is working! I still have the thoughts but even when I get those urges, I let them pass.

There is nothing worse that giving in then running out and having to face myself the next day. You know, the guilt, shame, being BROKE, BUSTED, AND DISGUSTED!?!?! Every single time, I always said, I wish I didn't do it. So I am just staying clean...saves me all the heartache, pain, and suffering!
Old 10-06-2006, 08:09 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Day 24

Woke up this morning feeling EXHAUSTED....... I slept last night and I still feel tired. I've already talked to my doctor about this. Sigh. I wonder when I'll get my energy back? I guess I have to try to be patient. I never really had any patience. I want everything yesteraday.

I've read that it takes about a year for all this stuff to go away. Well, I have noticed some slight improvements so I will just take what I can get for right now and focus on doing the right things. If I do the right things to stay sober today, who knows what my tomorrows are going to hold for me?
Old 10-06-2006, 07:47 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Today really sucked. I really wanted to use soooo bad and worse than I had in a long time. I had the voice going off in my head telling me not to go to a meeting and don't call my sponsor. That voice was just so full of lies being thrown at me today. I feel the whole choir screaming at me today....... it was soooo rough. I was so moody today and I just didn't want to be around anyone. I went to a meeting and told them how I was feeling. I outed myself regarding the crazy stuff that was going on in my mind today. I'm glad that I did. I feel much better now after the meeting.
Old 10-06-2006, 08:21 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Midas

I was cranky all day too, hon. Here, have a hug!!

Old 10-06-2006, 08:26 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Thanks Midas... here's a big hug for you too!

Hopefully, tomorrow will be brighter for the both of us. ;-)