Notices

I haven't drank Yet!!!!!

Old 09-05-2006, 07:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question I haven't drank Yet!!!!!

Well I made it through the Holiday. No drinking.

I'm eating so much though. Yesterday, I bought a bunch of seedless grapes and ate the whole bag. I know grapes are suppose to be good. I'm trying to eat the right things. Its like I've really become obsessed with food.

I think I'm on day 12 or something. Food and sleep is bothering me more than the not drinking. Don't get me wrong. I'd love a MillerLite right now. But at this point I think I'd grab a buffet before a beer.

Its like I'm obsessed with eating now. All I think about. And the sleep is horrible. I go to bed at 9:00 or 10:00 and I"m automatically up at 2:00 a.m. and cannot sleep. Is all htis normal.

I'm boing to the AA threads now. Went to a meeting and I need to ask a question over there.

Just wanted you all to know that I still didn't drink.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's awesome!!!

My substitute for booze is juice/club soda and water. Occasional bowls of ice cream.

You must feel so good!!!
Old 09-05-2006, 07:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

((((Rose))))

I'm proud of you girl! I can't answer the questions you have about sleep and food but I'm sure someone will be around to answer soon.

Glad you had a good weekend.

doll
Old 09-05-2006, 07:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yay!!! I've wondered about you all weekend. The eating thing...I know what you mean. I'll eat anything that won't eat me first! : )

Glad you had a successful weekend. Thanks for keeping us updated!!
Old 09-05-2006, 07:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

((((Rose))))

That is awesome!!!!!! Ask away on the questions, if we can help you know we will.

Oh btw, they use to p*ss me off at meetings, cause they would tell me that "no one dies from lack of sleep" grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr but they were right, I made it through that part of detoxing and so have many others. That to will get better.

Again, congrats on the 12 days.

Love and hugs,
Old 09-05-2006, 07:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

awesome Rose....I am so glad you are not drinking ....
Old 09-05-2006, 07:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

FOOD, I WANT FOOD. Geez, this morning I ate a turkey and cheeze sandwich. then i got to work, and at a banana, and some skittles, I'm still hungry. ugh. i hope i didnt trade one addiction for another here.

thanks everyone.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

BTW...

Please don't say 'yet' - implies you will.

I have faith you won't drink. You've rocked through 12 days and I know you've had some tough ones.

So rock on!!!

p.s.
I have a candy drawer at work. There's a chocolate manufacturer within walking distant which doesn't the chocolate cravings.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congratulations on the not drinking over the weekend! As far as the eating goes, I don't know, it could be your body is needing more nutrition, drinking depletes a lot of vitamins from your body, I found out when I went to the Doctor and when I got Campral that I had a B12 vitamin deficiency, so I have been trying to eat foods w/B vitamins and taking vitamins, did you eat a lot when you were drinking or did it start after you quit drinking?
Old 09-05-2006, 08:26 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

A turkey sandwich and banana sounds pretty healthy though. At least it wasn't a dozen Krispy Kremes.. : ) I thought once I quit drinking I might smoke a little less, instead I'm smoking more...one addiction at a time I guess. I'm just really happy that you're doing better.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:30 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Needstobe I pretty much had a liquid diet. MillerLite was my "porkchop in a bottle" so they say. Well, gonna eat an orange now. I have an apple too.
Food Food Food.

Ruby. I'm smoking like a chimmney myself. I guess once an addictive character, always an addictive character. Why can'tI get addicted to work and cleaning and church or something that is good for me.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:36 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

We'll pull it ALL together someday...
Old 09-05-2006, 08:37 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

OnceNice,

Your body is probably craving food since you are not drinking. And I often wondered the same as you why can't I get addicted to something that is good for me, my guess is probably cause things that are bad for you make you feel better, probably the dopamine that goes to your brain-heck, I don't know.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:40 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Rose, you are doing SO WELL! I'm so glad for you!
Old 09-05-2006, 08:44 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Well to be honest with you all, if it wasn't for my friend not drinking too, I'd probably wouldn't have made it this far. He's young and I know that he's probably using me to not drink for a year. But its nice to have someone to talk with who is not drinking also. We go to meetings together. I don't like them but I'm going. I"m just afraid that if something happens with our relationship that I'll start up again. I've been trying to quit for years, so I'm hoping I'm doing this for myself and him being there is making it easier, but what if I'm doing it for him. THEN I'M DOOMED TO FAIL. Oh well, I'm trying not to think about it and I'm watching how much money we are saving by not drinking. Its amazing. We each set money aside that we would normally spend on drinking. My goodness, we are in the hundreds already. Such a short period of time. And htat is just doing five bucks aday. Help I know I spent more than that.

Take care all.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:45 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
~ 5 ~

I hardly ever ate, i dont how i survived half the time cause hot pockets at midnight wasnt a very nice balanced diet.
I too am smoking ALOT more i am going to quit that to someday but one thing at a time right.
I still dont eat much, i take alot of vitamins and im still getting fat from the fudge rounds....lol
Im sure getting into a daily eating patterns will come eventually.
Today is the first day of school weeeeee but it is also the day i promised my cousin we will start going to the workout place eeeeeekkkk.
Guess ill get that dopamine and endorphines going today
Old 09-05-2006, 09:22 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Krys wyo. Let me know how your work out goes. Geez. Not drinking is one thing. All this other stuff that goes along with it. LIke eating healthy and exercising and trying not to smoke 5 packs a day instead of the normal 3 LOL.

Its just all too much sometimes. I've actuall been drowning myself in Lifetime movies and eating grapes.

I know the girl at work is gonna ask me to go with her to TGIFriday's tonight.

That's the hardest. Telling people "no" I can't do that with drinking or anything else. I usually just say yes to whatever someone asks me
Old 09-05-2006, 09:31 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I went to my brother's wedding reception Saturday night...drinks galore. I drank water. Even had people say YOU'RE not drinking??? Like it was a stop the presses moment! I just smiled and said "not today". If you're asked to go and don't feel like you can go and not drink just say...NOT TODAY!! It's hard, I know. But you'll feel better in the long run.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:35 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Everybody, I ate and apple and now I'm peeling my orange.

I think I'm growing a curly tail. 11:34 here. 26 more minutes for LUNCH.

GOOD GOD I'M NOW OFFICIALLY A PIG WITH A MISSION TO EAT.

Must find someone to go to the pizza buffet. YUMMMMMMY.

Are you sure this is better than drinking??????

Don't answer the question, I already know.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:50 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I don't think you should beat yourself up over eating fruit...wish that was all I was eating. This weekend was a disaster! Burgers, fries, appetizers out the a$$, cake...hmmm I know I'm leaving something out....and yet I whine about not losing weight. Like abstaining from Miller Lite was gonna make it all just drop off! I say go enjoy the pizza buffett, concentrate on staying alcohol free and worry about the weight later. You gotta do something to make you happy, right?!