Notices

I Am Tired Of Everything

Old 08-31-2006, 03:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Angry I Am Tired Of Everything

I usually don't post stuff like this but I am in fact not doing well at all today or even yesterday. I have liver problems like most of you know and now the insurance company don't want to give me the medicine that I need in order to live. It has really pissed me off today, being on the phone all day with them, thinking that I am making head way and then nothing. Probably blowing this all out of proportion like our disease does and it is probably trying to use this situation to have me use. That is what I want to do is to just say f*ck it, but I know that isn't want I truly want to do. However right now I am on a thin line and I don't know which way I am going to go.

I know how cunning this crap is and I also know that today if I use it is because I choose to get high, that I wanted to get high. It isn't because of the insurance, it isn't because I am not getting my way, it isn't because now I could die, it is because I want to get high. Yep that is what I want to do. Well they say this too will pass but that is only if we allow it to pass....done. done done
Old 08-31-2006, 03:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hang in there Vic..... I argued with my insurance company today too....they are so corporate...no compassion...

Just remember that you are an amazing man with so much potential......you have helped many and now we are here to help you....hey I am at 90 days tomorrow and we have been in this together...DONT GIVE UP.......DONT GIVE IN....

take chance for a stroll and get some Ice cream !!!!
Old 08-31-2006, 04:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Unhappy

Hang in there Vic.... Keep us posted on the insurance blues
Old 08-31-2006, 04:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Im here for you Vic with support during this down time for you. I would be grumpy too if i didnt get my way and I dont lots of times...soooo u dont want to be around me when im in that position....lol I try to remember we r not given anymore than what we can handle by our HP. The more u talk about what going on with you then im sure someone here or there will come up with a thought that u didnt think of to help u...so hang on..the answer is probably right around the corner. Someone has been thru what ur going thru and they have the answers already.....

SO WHO EVER HAS THE ANSWERS TO GIVE VIC.....GIVEM UP....LOL
Old 08-31-2006, 04:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

Oh (((Vic))) Darlin I hope your still hangin in there ...! WE are here for you...So much...!

You know that MANY of us care deeply about you Honey...

Im so sorry to hear that news,...! I Undersatnd why certain things dont get spoken about here or many other places but there is that old saying of 'let sleeping dogs lye'...! but dont hold on to things are eating you up ... the pm buttons there sweetie...!

Oh Darlin im really sorry to hear to the Insurance thing is not working out...!

(...)...

Im wondered why you were on my mind today...!
Old 08-31-2006, 04:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey Lucky, I hear you and I am in the same place. Other than my work insurance, I have never gone for any more. Thing is ..I know I should have more. Help me please.

Chris
Old 08-31-2006, 04:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey Vic, that kind of talk scares me...you're doing so well, didn't you just get 90 days? You know that's freaking HUGE! Don't let one bad situation that may resolve itself tomorrow give you cause to risk that.

Keep posting, let us know where you're at. We're here for you, you're not alone in this situation.

You are worth it!
Old 08-31-2006, 04:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Vic, hang in there!

Don't let yourself get overwhelmed with the obsession.. I know you can get through this.

Breathe.... breathe.... one foot in front of the other.

Tomorrow things will look different. Just don't make any drastic decisions that you will regret tomorrow.

((((((Vic)))))))
Old 08-31-2006, 04:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I am so sorry you are going through this.
Insurance companies and needed medication hassles are soooooooo frustrating!
Can you get them by purchasing out of pocket?
I hope you get it resolved soon!
Old 08-31-2006, 04:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Vic, you will be alright and you'll get through this.

You'll find a way to work this out. Just take it easy and rest tonight and tomorrow will be a new day. You are doing the right thing!
Old 08-31-2006, 05:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Can you get the meds in mexico or canada?

sorry you're...well...pissed off

hope things become better

j.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:05 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Red face The Steps That I Took

OK I just took some steps! Yes maybe a little self pity, maybe a little anger if that is what you could call it, fear, maybe all of the above. Sometimes in the program you have heard, make a God Box and put your request in there. So after I made this last post, I have been making God Boxes for people for X-Mas OK so I am early. I took one of them God Boxes out and I put in there I am turning this over to you and the insurance company also. The obsession to use is gone, the thought was there but that is it. I don't have to worry about the compulsion if I don't pick up.

Any ways to get back, after I put my request in this God Box thing, that I always thought it was a joke when I heard other members say it, I actually tried it. I left it there, and went and played with Chance for awhile and then I took my pills and was getting ready for bed, and thought "Hum I should call the insurance again." So I just called them and they said that one of them have been authorized but not the other. I said well one of them can not work without the other and they said check in tomorrow morning it should be Okayed by then. OK fine

Then I am thinking well why the heck Vic are you worried about it getting approved anyways, remember how it made you go nuts before. So a long story short thanks for everything. I have a temper that I really need to work on. I get so mad at myself when I react like this, I think that makes me more mad at myself now. Shoot am I going to have to put that in the God Box NOW?
Old 08-31-2006, 06:08 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

great work Vic.....Get some sleep...and get after it tomorrow....

If you need me to help with any assistance programs...I sure can !!!! I helped lots of people in my pharmacy get thier meds for nothing...let me know..

~B
Old 08-31-2006, 06:19 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thank you Vic for sharing your hope, and experience.
I too have a problem with becoming overly frustrated.
Your sharing all this is inspiring!
Old 08-31-2006, 06:24 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

I have liver problems like most of you know and now the insurance company don't want to give me the medicine that I need in order to live.
Try pparx.org
Old 08-31-2006, 06:44 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

So glad to hear you're doing better. Thank you so much for sharing your fears and frustration so honestly. And thank you even more for sharing how you were able to get through it without using.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:02 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Chrissy

I'm not sure what kind of insurance you have or job, if you don't have health insurance throught the state, you should check into to it. If you have been diagnosed with a disease your insurance will not cover you take a singned diagnosis down to the county welfare building tell them you want to apply for health coverage and you should be accepted. Some states have very good coverage, find a clinic. You will have to push for it. It will not be easy, at least it isn't here in Ohio, but it can be done.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:15 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Thanks for this thread, Vic. Thanks for sharing your E,S & H. Thanks for getting through this without using. Great for you. You don't have to start all over again! You've got what you've got - sobriety through a rough day! Congratulations!

I've been sober over 17 1/2 years. Remember, I'm pulling for you.We're all in this together.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:43 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Vic I am so proud of you. I don't know if you realize what you've done tonight. You came on here, vented, were totally honest and scared the hell out of all of us. Then you came back on here and shared how you got through it, how you didn't have to use, how your still clean tonight in SPITE of screwed up stuff. You're a living example of living life on life's terms. Thank you for the example you set in coming back here.

Now, for the God box thing. I think that is fantastic! I've heard about them but have never seen one. I'm glad yours worked and I pray that in the morning all of this will have been resolved and you will get the meds you need.

You are awesome!!! Big hugs to you!
Kellye
Old 08-31-2006, 07:58 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

****{vic}}}

you CAN'T go back--we newbies need you too much! you are such an inspiration and a great voice on the threads. please take care of yourself.

the God box is such a great idea! glad you are making it through. and your post--scary as it was--reminds me that sobriety is a tenuous state. and i don't want to move. even your struggles help others. thanks for posting!