Notices

I Am Tired Of Everything

Old 08-31-2006, 08:15 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Hnag in there Vic, there will always be the A-Z list of reasons why life sucks and picking up looks attactive.

Today I have a rotten head cold and lost a days work to look after myself, I have stomach problems and may need an operation, I am still in debt up to my ears, just turned 55, on my bad days I hate how I look and who I am ...... you get the idea, the list, but using only makes it worse so I say take a hioke you cunning and baffling dis ease and face eveything that is placed in front of me, because thats what I did not do when I was drnking and using.

I find this dis ease my addiction like a switch 'flick' there it is in full flight, but guess what I have also leant, 'flick' its not. The magic trick fopr me, is my program, my HP and all of the people in and around my program. Its all poop without these people, that includes you too, oh and of course me!

Love Kevin
Old 09-01-2006, 05:36 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Wink

Originally Posted by luckyv2
Well they say this too will pass but that is only if we allow it to pass....done. done done
Thanks God that I was willing to let it pass! Thank God that I have SR to fall on too at any given moment, because I wouldn't have made it without SR and the people in the program. Yes today I have 99 days instead of coming here and saying that I am on day 1 again. I hated to have to do that when I did, yet I had to be honest so today I am grateful that I didn't have to react the way that I wanted to and today I am grateful that I don't always have to do what I think that I want to do. Obviously if I really wanted to get high I would have gotten high so this is a good lesson for me. Thanks for all the support.

Love Vic
Old 09-01-2006, 06:02 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Oh Vic...so glad you made it through. I was reading your first post yesterday and I thought - well if he has that much time in and goes back - what hope do I have?? Of course in my little mind if you had've used it would have been an excuse for me to do the same. But you didn't, and neither did I. whew!!
I'm only a week and a half in.....a far cry from day 99 - but everyday is better - I feel 100% better than I did this time last week and all I can hope is that next week it'll be that much better.

like already stated - you're an inspiration to the rest of us -

hope today is better for you
Old 09-01-2006, 07:28 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I am glad you got through your problems without using, I have also been getting overly frustrated, especially last night, getting no help from my husband and younger son so i lost my temper started yelling, I was on a fine line last night- should I just say screw it and drink or let it pass, but I calmed down and let it pass, have always had a bad temper and I am fine as long as things are going smoothly but when there not I just wanna scream and take off and say screw it, don't know maybe I need anger management or need to talk to husband, but when i try talking to him about helping with things around the house he thinks he does a lot but he hardly does anything besides he has some kind of mental problem that he is in denial and won't seek help and that bothers me too.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:31 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

What is the deal with the God Box- is it a special box you get or any kind of box and how does it work-do you just put a prayer in it or what, this is the first I have heard of a God Box- can you tell me more about it?
Old 09-01-2006, 08:03 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by NEEDTOBESOBER
What is the deal with the God Box- is it a special box you get or any kind of box and how does it work-do you just put a prayer in it or what, this is the first I have heard of a God Box- can you tell me more about it?
Well I learned about it through my out-patient thing and they suggested that we make a God Box. Well I thought that I would make some up for people in the program for Christmas. Now I have never done this before, so I went down to the Dollar General (I am cheap) and bought this little boxes like chess boxes for 3-4 dollars and bought some white-out and put on the top God Box. They are really cute. Anyways I have a HP but sometimes I don't know if it works and I am open to anything that is spiritual today, so I got one out and put in my request, turning the stuff over. However I still have to do the footwork and I have been doing it all day again today, but in a much better mood. I even put in it this morning about help me with my anger problem so I guess it works. I could take a pic and put it on here if you really want to see one that I have done. But it sure helps

Love Vic
Old 09-01-2006, 08:07 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

yes, if you could put a picture of one on here that would be great so I can see what it looks like.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:19 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Old 09-01-2006, 08:26 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

Vic, I love your God Box!

I'm going to go and make one too.

I'm glad you're feeling better and I hope you have better luck with the medical insurance today and that everything works out for you.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:28 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

The only thing for me is that I might want to go down and spend $10.00 on a bigger one I probably will fill that little thing up in a few days
Old 09-01-2006, 08:29 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting the picture, I think i might want to get one of those, I am Catholic, so I believe in God, and also a little on the spiritual side so maybe this will help me in times of need.
Old 09-01-2006, 06:12 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Talking

All I do know is that what I did today, has changed. I now have a new medical provider that will pay for all my medications of course I will have a co-pay and they will start covering me starting next month so I only have a month to wait and thanks to the spirituality of the program I can now relax. So there is some force out there that is watching out for us. I am glad that I did the footwork today.

Love Vic
Old 09-01-2006, 06:19 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Paused

That is wonderful Vic! I love the God Box too! Very cool...
Old 09-01-2006, 06:26 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Thanks I am making quite a few up for Christmas gifts. I love mine however I still think since I am still really sick that I might need a bigger God Box!

Love Vic
Old 09-01-2006, 06:44 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Thanks Vic for sharing!

It is so great to hear someone share the tough stuff in sobriety. Someone once told me that when it seems that your up to your knees in sh.. you need to just pull up theose hipwaders and wade on through. You waded your way back to dry land using the tools of th eprogram. You talked to someone else (all of us) about your anger and then you prayed and "Let Go and Let God" and look at how amazing things are today. I have a God Box that I probably don't use as often as I should anymore. I love the one you made, cool box for just a few$$. Michael's craftsstore usually has cool boxes for cheap, too. Anyway, thank you again for sharing a fabulous lesson in how the program works. My favorite program saying is "Don't quit five minutes before the miracle happens!" Go back in about 6 months and pull out the old problems from yur God box and marvel at how when you let go your higher power took care of it for you! Have a great night, tk
Old 09-02-2006, 07:56 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Naps are good.

I'm glad to hear that you are doing better Vic. I've been off SR for a few days. I just posted a thread called Exhausted and overwhlemed. I don't even have time to read any more threads here right now, I have to go to work, but I saw your thread and wanted to reply quickly to say hi and that you will in my prayers.

Hugs and prayers.
Old 09-02-2006, 08:09 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

CONGRATS ON 100 DAYS, VIC!!!!!!!!!!!

So glad you are hanging in there -- you are an inspiration to many of us!

Old 09-02-2006, 08:31 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Thanks everyone today is going just the way that it is suppose to I have had many more blessing coming and I am grateful for everyday that I stay clean. Yep 100 in a row but today is really all that counts for any of us.